Sign in to follow this  
wallydog

ASN Service Update Open Beta for P3d v3

From Damian

Hello everyone!

We're pleased to announce that a new service update for ASN for FSX and P3D is now available in OPEN BETA format. This is a BETA version, not yet extensively tested, and may have issues. Please use at your own risk.

This update brings P3D v3 compatibility (ASN for P3D) and fixes a radar API issue related to lighter rain and improper intensity of radar depiction (ASN for FSX and ASN for P3D).

The update can be downloaded from our downloads page.

Please post bug reports/issues in a new thread. Thank you for your participation in this OPEN BETA test! We hope to release this update officially in the coming days, after more testing and applying any fixing/adjustments required.

http://www.hifisimtech.com/forums/showthread.php?5169-Service-Update-20150930-with-P3D-v3-support-and-radar-API-fix-OPEN-BETA

I think in my book this would be the official first 3rd party addon to have their product P3D v3 compatible after changes....

Bilal Asif Khan

I've used ASN beta builds for a while, for the most part you would never know they weren't stable builds! P3dv3 checklist block #1-asn compatible, DONE!

Excellent, I was waiting for that and it came VERY quickly!

Virtuali and FSUIPC were V3 compatible some time ago during the Beta process.  I'm sure others will be shortly if not already.  But glad the ASN folks were so quick to get on the wagon.

Cheers, Rob.

Curious, anyone get this to work yet?  I'm getting ASconnect errors.  Not sure what needs to be tweaked.

Did the ASN beta install place files inside the Prepar3D folder area?

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Curious, anyone get this to work yet?  I'm getting ASconnect errors.  Not sure what needs to be tweaked.

Same here.

Yes, the ASConnect components appear to be installed under the P3D folders

Running P3D in Admin mode also reveals that ASN is not looking for the version number released today. Maybe looking at an earlier beta build.

Chris

Also getting ASConnect Error. ASC looking for P3D Build 3.0.10.14926 while today's build is 3.0.10.14945.

I'm also tried running as Admin.

Best regards

Patrick

ASN didn't set up their installer in compliance... that's gonna suck when you get a point release for v3.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

From best I can tell, yes (for example, as_rv folder is in the new P3dv3 folder (in my case I installed to C:\Prepar3d v3) with ASN files.  Something in particular to look for?

Same here.

Yes, the ASConnect components appear to be installed under the P3D folders

Running P3D in Admin mode also reveals that ASN is not looking for the version number released today. Maybe looking at an earlier beta build.

Also, mine, whenever I start this latest build of ASN wants to update ASConnect every time, so something is definitely wrong.  I did fully uninstall the previous version before installing new version and update.

ASN didn't set up their installer in compliance... that's gonna suck when you get a point release for v3.

Yeah, hopefully that gets sorted out.

From best I can tell, yes (for example, as_rv folder is in the new P3dv3 folder (in my case I installed to C:\Prepar3d v3) with ASN files.  Something in particular to look for?

Also, mine, whenever I start this latest build of ASN wants to update ASConnect every time, so something is definitely wrong.  I did fully uninstall the previous version before installing new version and update.

Mine was doing the same thing until a full ASN uninstall/reinstall and reboot.

Chris

Sorry Ed for constantly picking your brain,   but does that mean when LM release a Hotfix this might interfere with the ASN install  

Thank you,  Thank you, Thank you  

OK, thanks for the heads up, I'll just leave ASN disabled until they get it fixed.  :P