Sign in to follow this  
wallydog

ASN Service Update Open Beta for P3d v3

Sorry Ed for constantly picking your brain,   but does that mean when LM release a Hotfix this might interfere with the ASN install  

Thank you,  Thank you, Thank you

If for any reason the L-M update wants the core sim folder removed... the ASN installed folders would cause a problem in the uninstall and that could cause problems in the install of the update itself... things could go south quickly.

L-M has stated in the SDK they do not want third-party files in their folders.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

It seems the installer for the AsConnect module is looking for an incorrect version #. They'll get it sorted quickly.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Hi all,

We're aware of a few issues and we're sorting it out as quickly as possible.

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Hi all,

We're aware of a few issues and we're sorting it out as quickly as possible.

Thank you for update Damian 

Happy Sunday day to everyone :smile:    Tried last night to install ASN and i'm getting the Sim-connect message with Owner Rights messages. I have Given files Rights to everything including the kitchen sink + i have put all ASN/HiFI files Excluded from my Anti virus.  I am working through and have not come here to rant or moan as i know i am missing something here               

Just so i don't spend hours pulling out my hair, im going to install full version first (B5707) then install the beta V3 Version (B5751)  Its ok to miss the last update ( B5707) ??  Or do i have to install this as well?   i don't think so,  maybe i do,  do i  

@poppet

Did you point ASN (in the settings) to your p3d path's ?

Thank you for the reply

Ok got it sorted.  I will leaved my original post up for tutorial purposes for other thicos just like me  :smile:     I didn't point the Sim-connect to the correct folder   :Big Grin:

Silly Poppet 

I cannot name the file 100% because an not at PCs.

After you install new version you need to go into ASN settings.

Go to general.

From there a few down ...forget title you need to point to you main P3d v3 folder.

Then the next one down asked you to point to another v3 folder.

Sorry forgot name.

After that your good to go. If you have v2.5 installed the paths are very easy to see.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

there is also the appdatafolder in general settings that may needed to be changed as well

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

I cant change the second folder.  A dialog box pops up and shuts AcktiveSky down.

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I figured out that it was a user issue. :fool:  Prepar3D must not be running when you update the folder locations.  So in case others are reading this thread trying to figure out how to make AS work with P3D3, hopefully you will learn from my mistake.  :P

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Even though I have the folders pointed to P3Dv3 and ...AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3, I still get an ASConnect Error: "... ASConnect is designed to be used with P3D version 2.5.12942 to 2.5.12945 and version 3.0.10.14926"

I have the open beta B2751 update installed. AFAIK, this is the only P3Dv3 version of ASN that is available.

Frans