Sign in to follow this  

Personal first impression

If the VAS improvements are true then it's worth it. But what sucks is the days of shoe horning in addons appears to be over

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Not having made the switch from FSX Dx10 to any version of prepar3d as yet.

Do people think that this is a good time to give prepar3d a go, or as my FSX install runs ok, maybe wait for a future version?

For what it's worth I have an i7-4790 and a gtx 980 ti video card

Thanks & Regards

Dave

Do people think that this is a good time to give prepar3d a go, or as my FSX install runs ok, maybe wait for a future version?

Thanks & Regards

Dave

I would always advise that if your current install gives you what you want from your simming experience and it works well - stick with it.

I of course, have never heeded my own advice.

Guys, I am very sad and need you to cheer me up.

The Ifly is not compatible with P3D v2 ...yet.

First F1 is going to release their 747 Sp1 which also will be compatible with v3.

After that the 737 will be made compatible...

" Cry-y-y--y-ing over you..."

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Thanks & Regards

Dave

Do you have space for a side by side install?

ZORAN

No I don't Zoran

Do you recommend I get another HDD mate?

Cheers Dave

Guys, I am very sad and need you to cheer me up.

The Ifly is not compatible with P3D v2 ...yet.

First F1 is going to release their 747 Sp1 which also will be compatible with v3.

After that the 737 will be made compatible...

" Cry-y-y--y-ing over you..."

Cheer up, Gerard!!! :p0504:  

Did that help...?  :wink:

Well decided to just go ahead and grab v3 and so far most of addons are installed except the Orbx stuff and Rex and in the PMDG 777 at FB KDEN I am getting a good 40FPS in the cockpit and 70+ FPS with external views.

Obviously Orbx products will add an FPS hit but it seems very smooth so far.

From EGFF to YSSY

No I don't Zoran

Do you recommend I get another HDD mate?

Cheers Dave

I would do that they cheap enough and you can keep flying FSX whilst playin around with P3D

ZORAN

We have seen this before with the Microsoft Flight release...there is always a divide between the brand loyal extremist and the logical consumers.

Yep sure enough its the same brand loyal extremists out looking for blood ready to pounce on anyone with even a trace of dissatisfaction.

Not surprised at all.....

+1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

It will be a month before we get a better picture, but so what!

I will not unstall my PMDG 777/NG until I have the airports/global and vector in the sim. Then I will go over full time to v3.

In this time I can set my controls up and install what comes out. 

So far KSFO, Ezdoc and TrackIR. So I will enjoy v3 for what it is and install over time.

My first impressions are for me seeing over 100FPS at KSFO, that it runs very fast and VAS when flying high with the 777-NG with big airports is worth the price. I like the new setting for light and the sim feels more polished.

Does anyone need to buy v3 now?, NO, will everyone running 2.5 buy it? I bet most will at some point.

I know I will just be looking at it and doing small flights around SFO to start with. I want to keep its very clean and enjoy whats to come.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Thanks & Regards

Dave

LM have a 60 days refund policy, so if the sim doesn't meet your expectations, you can request a refund. 

best is to get a SSD.

http://prepar3d.com/support/refundpolicy/

WarpD, regarding the difference between DCS and P3D, you made a point out of " DCS world runs a limited area in any given flight. It never loads the world."

I thought that's what P3D do as well to avoid OOM's, only loading the area in a certain distance around the aircraft. What's the big difference? 

I'm not trying to be rude, just curious. And btw. I don't have any of them installed, just FSX SE and X-plane 10.

Jørn L

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

Please correct me if I am wrong but it seems that V3 is worth only if it was free of charge, correct ?

Please correct me if I am wrong but it seems that V3 is worth only if it was free of charge, correct ?

Wow!

How did you come to the conclusion its only worth it if its free? 

Watch this and then see what conclusion you draw.

https://youtu.be/xfz6eTqDPxc

A nice vid of KSFO shot in v3

https://youtu.be/vu3I4oXKSIg

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip