Sign in to follow this  

Personal first impression

Some new features such as Avatar mode would be VERY useful for just about any form of simulation from military to civil training -- with things such as training maintenance crews where they can stand/move at an airport terminal to the very restricted areas of movement on an aircraft carrier.  The possibilities of Avatar usage are staggering ... opens an entirely new door to the world of simulation.

Very pleased with what I see in v3 until now.

But I feel a bit sad for our female simmers not having a stock female avatar. :sad:

- Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

Yes. At night it might actually be a little overdone. Daytime the lights were visible at around 3 miles

Chris

Oh I'm here... but reading the posts... there's nothing I could say, nor anyone else.

'Bobsk8' has been on a personal 'hate-mission' against v3 from the outset so not going there... and your expectations of higher FPS are unrealistic when you take into account that the majority of the graphics work is now GPU bound. You want faster FPS... get a more powerful card.

As for LOD... everyone keeps asking, and Rob already stated it once... but to put it really simply: your system can't handle higher LOD due to memory requirements. L-M stated that they are looking into it and trying to see if there is something they can do to support something higher, but no promises as anything they attempt will be rather complex.

Based on your tone in your posts regarding v3... I'd say you went into this with hopes of finding reason(s) to not be satisfied... so, go get your refund and "let it go Elsa". Just my suggestion.

Agreed.

Well said Ed.

But I feel a bit sad for our female simmers not having a stock female avatar. :sad:

As LM has provided the ability, you can always make a female avatar.

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

Deja vu. Some people get good performance, some people don't. The ones who do accuse the ones who don't of being either haters, incompetent, or people out to screw LM.

I paid my $200 and will download it tonight. I am lucky enough to have the cash so why not give it a try? I have an outstanding rig now, so I am hoping to get outstanding results tomorrow morning. If I don't I am prepared to be called all of those names lol.

- Bill Magann

If I don't I am Prepar3d to be called all of those names lol.

Here...fixed it for you :)

Chris

Here...fixed it for you :)

Well played. I almost typed that myself!

- Bill Magann

Was thrilled when I woke up and thought to myself 'Let's have a quick look in the P3D Avsim forum if anything interesting happened recently' and I realized version 3 has been released.

However after reading through this thread I'm now more thrilled by the upcoming Stockholm-Arlanda scenery from Orbx and my recent purchase of PFPX and TOPCAT and can't wait to do my return leg back from EGLL tomorrow using my amazingly good-performing P3Dv2.5 installation with all great addons installed and zero VAS nor stuttering issues after I upgraded my rig to Skylake and fast DDR4 RAM.

I feel for you guys who already spent those 200 bucks only to wonder what exactly you paid for but good thing there's a refund policy!

Like everyone else I've really been looking forward to this new release of P3D but now after reading this thread it actually feels good in a way being able to go back enjoying what I already have rather than being on my toes waiting with excitement for the next version.

Can't wait to see what P3Dv4 will be like :wink:

Richard Åsberg

As LM has provided the ability, you can always make a female avatar.

I fully expect LM to make me a Captain Chaos avatar! :Tounge:

On a more serous note, I reckon some devs are already in the process of making alternate avatars.

- Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

Was thrilled when I woke up and thought to myself 'Let's have a quick look in the P3D Avsim forum if anything interesting happened recently' and I realized version 3 has been released.

However after reading through this thread I'm now more thrilled by the upcoming Stockholm-Arlanda scenery from Orbx and my recent purchase of PFPX and TOPCAT and can't wait to do my return leg back from EGLL tomorrow using my amazingly good-performing P3Dv2.5 installation with all great addons installed and zero VAS nor stuttering issues after I upgraded my rig to Skylake and fast DDR4 RAM.

I feel for you guys who already spent those 200 bucks only to wonder what exactly you paid for but good thing there's a refund policy!

Like everyone else I've really been looking forward to this new release of P3D but now after reading this thread it actually feels good in a way being able to go back enjoying what I already have rather than being on my toes waiting with excitement for the next version.

Can't wait to see what P3Dv4 will be like :wink:

Me too, almost exactly anyway.  I just bough X-Plane 2-3 weeks ago and was thinking oh no, here goes another $200.  And, besides that, my X-plane purchase would be all for not and go to waste.  Well, reading the posts here so far, I can say I'm happy to go back to what I have - X-Plane.

The VAS improvements would be nice to have, that's for sure.  And, if I see videos/proof of people flying the NGX/777 from something like FlyTampa's EKCH to FlyTampa CYYZ with sliders maxed or close to it and not even ring the bell of death, that might make me think of spending the money.  For now though, I am thinking instead of taking that $200 and getting 32G of RAM for a sim that I know can make use of it.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

The questions that I have are:  Can you hear the avatar's footsteps and do the footstep sounds vary with the walking surface?

Fsuipc will work too and I have ASN on a client pc...( fingers crossed )

Fsuipc installed without problem. However I have an issue with the assignments for controls. I cannot assign a button for flaps as the offset is not in the dropdown box, same for toe brakes which I want to assign to 2 buttons to the stick but no option. The are no offsets for aileron or elevator axis either and I set them up using direct to Fsuipc instead. 

It is as if the offset codes changed or something. There are a few new ones in there too.