Sign in to follow this  
mccurdypm

P3D v3 and TrackIR

Hello,

Has anyone been able to get TrackIR working with V3?

I've installed all the simconnect version that came with V3, it detects my TrackIR (both lights are on) but doesn't work.

So far, HDR changes are nice, VAS usage seems better, I cant really tell since I dont have any add ons.

thanks.

Worked without a problem here. I still have v2.5 installed and also Simconnect so I didn't need to install it manually. TrackIR worked right away. I only have the Simconnect SP2 installed.

J it does not work for me but I use EZDOC do you?, because you have to change simconnect files.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

J it does not work for me but I use EZDOC do you?, because you have to change simconnect files.

I also use EZDok, which is why it doesn't work. I've managed to get EZDok working in V3 now. TrackIR works beautifully along with ezca :)

I also use EZDok, which is why it doesn't work. I've managed to get EZDok working in V3 now. TrackIR works beautifully along with ezca :)

How did you manage EZDOK to get it working on V3? I have 1.186 version.

Adrian

I've managed to get EZDok working in V3 now. TrackIR works beautifully along with ezca :)

Can you tell us how?

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

How did you manage EZDOK to get it working on V3? I have 1.186 version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frNM3f2MePg

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

Can you tell us how?

I don't know if this goes against the sticky topic 'Installing 3rd Party Software into Updated Versions of P3D' since the changes are text files that ezca configure.exe would edit anyways, nothing more.

I just used configs (exe.dll to load ezca and cameras.cfg) from v2.5 user prefs (Appdata, roaming .....) to v3 user prefs, thats all.

Thanks Bob,

watched the vid and now have EZDOC and TrackIR working, even better its loading my camera setting made in 2.5. Happy days.

This seems to be the medicine for those that have 2.5 installed.

Does TrackIR and Ezdok work with V3 if you have never had any other P3D versions installed?

Jas

If it is a fresh install of Prepar3d v3 with no other versions or Prepar3D or FSX, then you need to install the following:

Program Files (x86) (or wherever you have installed Prepar3D v3)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib\SimConnect.msi

Once installed, TrackIR 5 should work.

Yesterday I was at FlightSim 2015 at Cosford RAF Museum, UK. There was a stand of trackhat.org company. They (or he, it look like one person company) produce kind of TrackIR device compatibile with open source tracking software. Anyone of you using it already in any simulator? Maybe in P3D v3? :)

Yesterday I was at FlightSim 2015 at Cosford RAF Museum, UK. There was a stand of trackhat.org company. They (or he, it look like one person company) produce kind of TrackIR device compatibile with open source tracking software. Anyone of you using it already in any simulator? Maybe in P3D v3? :)

I've got one on order. We'll see. My TrackIR Clip has always been a bit frustrating, so I'm hoping the active LED's of the Trackhat will offer better ... errr ...  tracking. I'll report back in a week or two. It'll be for Prepar3D plus some other games (Elite, Rise of Flight, ARMA)