Sign in to follow this  
AdiR

P3D v3 - EZDOK, FTX ORBX GLOBAL, PMDG 737NGX, ASN, GSX, FSUIPC

I suppose some of you have already installed EZDOK/FTX ORBX GLOBAL/PMDG 737NGX/ASN/GSX/FSUIPC on P3D v3...

Did you have any problems with installers or functionality?

Adrian

Lesse, only FSUPIC is set up to install to v3 at this time... so... anything else is a moot point as you're not supposed to install something that's not for v3.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

ASN have apparently just released a v3-compatible beta Ed.

Sorry, didn't see that one in his long typo of characters... :grin:

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

ASN have apparently just released a V3-compatible beta Ed.

Nice to know. 

Beau Hollis from LM Forum wrote: "In general, 2.5 content should be compatible with 3.0. That said it's up to the add-on developers in the end to confirm support. If an add-on installer keys off of specific version, that installer may not work properly for example".

I'm just curious if you can install - eg. FTX ORBX Global - choosing v2.5 in installer (and/or choosing right path to P3D folder) and everything works fine on v3  :wink:  Maybe someone tried this.

Adrian

Since ORBX has stated they're reviewing their product installers for v3... I'd say... no.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

I'm just curious if you can install - eg. FTX ORBX Global - choosing v2.5 in installer (and/or choosing right path to P3D folder) and everything works fine on v3  :wink:  Maybe someone tried this.

I tried but you cannot change the path as it automatically detects 2.5 folder to install. I don't know if this is true of a clean install as I didn't want to remove 2.5 or ORBX until V3 was fully up and running.

I have issues with FSUIPC. It installed fine but I cannot set up the control mappings correctly from within FSUIPC. If I want to assign a controller button for flaps there is no flap option in the dropdown. Same with differential brakes and the same with the axis for main flight controls. I can set up axis using the direct to Fsuipc option but buttons and sending the axis to FS does not have the options for certain controls.

Since ORBX has stated they're reviewing their product installers for v3... I'd say... no.

1+

Rich Sennett

PMDG NGX and 777 installers are out now.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Why arent we supposed to install stuff unless it's for V I doubt Carenado will care.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Why arent we supposed to install stuff unless it's for V I doubt Carenado will care.

Keep in mind new carenado installers only allow you to install 3 times and you will be off to get your re-installs reset again fyi - you have to send them a ticket to do so - this started with the hawker I believe at least thats the first purchase I have seen this new system implemented 

Rich Sennett

Lesse, only FSUPIC is set up to install to v3 at this time... so... anything else is a moot point as you're not supposed to install something that's not for v3.

where do I get the latest beta? the official one says only 2.5

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

... you're not supposed to 

HAHAHAHAHA. Supposed to. Oh that's funny.