Sign in to follow this  
TheFlightSimGuy

Got my first OOM in P3D V3

System Specs:

2x GTX 980ti's

6 core Ivybridge CPU running at 4.5ghz (dont remember the model off the top of my head)

16gb of ram 

2xCorsair SSD's in Raid 0

Flightbeam KSFOHD with the latest patch using the new F35 Lightning 2. No other addons, default traffic, with clear skies. 

Used Robs settings from his Heli V3 video

Departed 27L about 10 miles from the airport went into a vertical climb to about 18,000 ft. Stalled, flipped back around and approached the airport from the west side. 

When I was about 5 miles from the airport she crashed all together and the OOM message popped up. Whole flight was about 5 minutes.

Not the most scientific report I know, but wanted to share. 

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

'crashed all together' doesn't say OOM.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

'The OOM message popped up'... would this be the one recommending lower settings? Or some other OOM message?

It is possible to run out of VIDEO memory.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Did you delete your Shades folder  :Tounge:

Never had 2.5 installed on this PC so there was nothing to clear. I will try to duplicate it while being recorded if I can. 

'The OOM message popped up'... would this be the one recommending lower settings? Or some other OOM message?

It is possible to run out of VIDEO memory.

It was the message with the red X that says your computer ran out of memory, try different settings, etc. Same one as always. 

GTX 980ti's have 6gb of VRAM so extremely unlikely that was it. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

The Out of Memory message he got right after does!!

That wasn't in his original post.

Is this Flightbeam addon specifically designed for Prepar3D v3? I am being serious because based on what you're saying, it sounds to me like the airport addon has a memory leak and there would be absolutely nothing that L-M could ever do to fix that.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Sounds like the Windows Out of Memory error... Only times I've seen that is with folks running a 32 bit version of Windows and too many other apps taking a piece.  But I could be wrong with how I read the error message...

Just to be clear... I didn't see anyone testing third party addons that weren't either licensed for use with v3 or given permission to install for testing because they were a beta version as well.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Is this Flightbeam addon specifically designed for Prepar3D v3? I am being serious because based on what you're saying, it sounds to me like the airport addon has a memory leak and there would be absolutely nothing that L-M could ever do to fix that.

"When I was about 5 miles from the airport she crashed all together and the OOM message popped up. Whole flight was about 5 minutes."

It wasn't?

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Yes it was. "When I was about 5 miles from the airport she crashed all together and the OOM message popped up" Yes KSFOHD was built on and for P3D and the installer is fully compatible and supported. 

Sounds like the Windows Out of Memory error... Only times I've seen that is with folks running a 32 bit version of Windows and too many other apps taking a piece.  But I could be wrong with how I read the error message...

64 bit Windows. I have had a few before in FSX and P3D and I am confident that it was the P3D OOM, not a Windows one. 

Just to be clear... I didn't see anyone testing third party addons that weren't either licensed for use with v3 or given permission to install for testing because they were a beta version as well.

What are you talking about? From Flightbeams FB page "KSFOHD was specially optimized for P3D v3. If you have a good system, you will notice significantly better performance."

Josh Daniels-Johannson

Perhaps you should try reading the OP again. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

The single reason you'd maybe wanna get this new version might be about to be crushed, not even a day after release.

Man I love this hobby, and this forum, thanks for reporting :smile:

Denial is pretty tough to shake these days 

Yes I'd like to see you record a video of it (include your settings and show your scenery library) ... I don't doubt that OOMs can still happen, but with just one add-on FB KSFO HD seems very unlikely as I've tested that area with many more add-ons and much more complex aircraft than the F-35 included.

I just ran the same test with my settings and just KSFO HD (no Orbx NCA enabled) and didn't get an OOM ... over 1GB VAS free ... you have me puzzled?  

Cheers, Rob.