Sign in to follow this  
TheFlightSimGuy

Got my first OOM in P3D V3

I'm also very curious to your settings, could you please share them? 

We've tested KSFOHD extensively in P3D v3 many weeks before release. Even with every slider at it's max setting and several add ons running, no OOM was every recorded in v3. 

Yes it was. "When I was about 5 miles from the airport she crashed all together and the OOM message popped up" Yes KSFOHD was built on and for P3D and the installer is fully compatible and supported. 

First, the ORIGINAL post did NOT state OOM message popped up but only stated it crashed. It read:

When I was about 5 miles from the airport she crashed all together.

I should have quoted it, but I chose to save forum space instead. Lesson learned, I'll quote every time from here on out.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Then we have two very different versions of P3D V3 apperantly. Just ran the same test, with only P3D and SFO HD installed. EVERYTHING turned to the max. Everything, on the rwy when starting I was at 1.95GB of VAS, after doing a flight around the entire SFO bay in the F35, I at no point went above 2.1GB VAS.

First, the ORIGINAL post did NOT state OOM message popped up but only stated it crashed. It read:

I should have quoted it, but I chose to save forum space instead. Lesson learned, I'll quote every time from here on out.

Well that's strange, because I read the OP, and it clearly stated that he got an OOM message that popped up.  That even caught my attention, and of course he even stated that in the title of the thread. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Perhaps you should try reading the OP again.

On a mission today?

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

On a mission today?

Yes, just trying to state something that was posted that I read, that someone else claims was not posted. I like the truth. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Well that's strange, because I read the OP, and it clearly stated that he got an OOM message that popped up.  That even caught my attention, and of course he even stated that in the title of the thread. 

I would assume WarpD meant the OP edited his post after he quoted it.

On a mission today?

Lol,  was thinking the same thing,  Bob has his runners (snickers) on tonight.   Me thinks Ed might be faster though  :smile:

Let it go... like I said... next time I will quote.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Ever heard the term edit Bob? You sure come across as a P3D v3 hater :(

Give the man an Axe....

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Even with every slider at it's max setting and several add ons running, no OOM was every recorded in v3. 

Hi Mir, my results are very similar to yours, KSFO HD is very good with VAS (and performance).  Hopefully the OP can provide more details because I attempted to duplicate his flight and was left with plenty of free VAS.

Cheers, Rob.

Just did a test myself, ditto on Bob findings above

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I would assume WarpD meant the OP edited his post after he quoted it.

I read the post right after he posted it, and it said an OOM message popped up. The OP even stated that in another follow up post he made. 

Yes Bob.......

Ever heard the term edit Bob? You sure come across as a P3D v3 hater :sad:

Give the man an Axe....

Oh, well isn't that a shame. So because you and your Buddy think I am a V3 hater, whatever that is, it is OK for the two of you to accuse not only me but the OP of both lying about what he posted and when, and what I read?  That is beyond weird. Should be easy to see who is lying, all they have to do is go and look at the edits. Forums always keep a record of that. I'm game, how about you?