Sign in to follow this  
shivers9

Prepar3D- Does anyone like V 3.0? Positive remarks?

It may be to early but does anyone Like Version 3.0? I need a day or two to get ready for upgrade but there must be some guys with something positive to say?

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

Menu system is much better - no lag anymore - environment looks better (hdr) changing capability - water looks better - AA is better - this was a quick look so at first glance this is what I am seeing - I have not cranked up autogen so I guess I will do that and see what happens

Rich Sennett

I only have a couple minutes in flight with V3, but, so far it is very smooth and the graphics appear better.  At this point I am certainly happy with the changes.

Danny

Danny

I'm positive I'll wait until at least Christmas to buy v3.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

So far... flying through the clouds seems to have zero effect on my frame rate.

Floyd Stolle

www.stollco.com

Menu system is much better - no lag anymore - environment looks better (hdr) changing capability - water looks better - AA is better - this was a quick look so at first glance this is what I am seeing - I have not cranked up autogen so I guess I will do that and see what happens

How is the VAS usage compared to 2.5?

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

guys i am completely confused, what i understand is addons need to be installed outside the p3d v3 root folder, so as of right now i only have fsdreamteam and flightbeam installed.can someone suggest which addons work right now?i like p3d v3 and did a few short flights with the default planes, but outside of that i am lost.

How is the VAS usage compared to 2.5?

I never check - only had one oom ever and that was because of an install that didnt go quite right - seems smoother now terrain textures are sharper and at distance

Has more of a being there feel to it may be the new hdr system - all I know is this is going to rock with all my environment addons as the way it is stock looks pretty impressive - well done LM

On the fence on this you may want to re-think it as this is definitely way better than 2.5 and feels it for sure 

guys i am completely confused, what i understand is addons need to be installed outside the p3d v3 root folder, so as of right now i only have fsdreamteam and flightbeam installed.can someone suggest which addons work right now?i like p3d v3 and did a few short flights with the default planes, but outside of that i am lost.

As far as I know not many work right now especially orbx basic must have addons - there is ways of doing it but depends on what addon you are talking about - I would wait a bit and let the dust settle and if you do explore back dooring it make sure you know how to un-do it just in case

Making a copy of your virgin v3 folder would be a good start

Rich Sennett

thanks richard, i am in no big hurry, my main concern is pmdg and aerosoft planes, the scenery i don't mind waiting on,i can't seem to find any answers from pmdg or aerosoft, even if its a month, thats fine with me.

So far v3 running well with my AMD CPU unclocked at its normal 3.5/4.0Ghz alongside an OC'd GTX970 with default settings and stormy weather. I was surprised at how the performance didn't change when I set the graphics to match my v2.5 config, minus changing the water quality (I did change the number of items being reflected.). That made me happy to see. I did try again with water quality at Ultra, and the water looked amazing. I did however see a noticealbe FPS drop, but not a noticable drop in perceived performance or smoothness in the sim.

The UI is very snappy. Has anyone else noticed how fast the planes loaded in when selecting a vehicle? This might be because I have not add-on aircraft, but loved how fast it was from click to being able to scroll the list of available airplanes.

I started my first senario in heavy rains to see the improvments noted in the bleeding of the sun through the clouds. From what I could tell, the weather and clouds felt much better at stock than I remebered in v2.5.

The sample Speed Tree trees were nice. I'm looking forward to seeing these implemented more. So far, they stand out a bit to the original style of trees.

I'm liking what I see in v3 so far. I want to continue poking at it not to find an OOM errors, that were never a issue for me, but to test how v3 preceives to perform compared to v2.5 with the same add-on content. I want to test FTX Global with FTX NCA region enabled around SFO. I found that area to be pretty bad in the settings I had been using in v2.5, so I want to see if v3 has some extra headroom. Plus I'll test my AMD CPU at different overclocks. I found 4.5GHz to be a sweet spot for Prepar3D v2.5.

Thankfully we all have 60days to try it out. Here's hoping that we get some FTX installers for v3 by then.

thanks richard, i am in no big hurry, my main concern is pmdg and aerosoft planes, the scenery i don't mind waiting on,i can't seem to find any answers from pmdg or aerosoft, even if its a month, thats fine with me.

Welcome Brett - regis9 has posted this from another post

PMDG NGX and 777 installers are out now

http://www.avsim.com/topic/475671-01oct15-prepar3d-v2v3-compatible-installers-available/

Rich Sennett

So far I'm loving it!  Much better UI, subtle graphics/performance improvements across the board, I swear the stock clouds look as good or better than my 2.5 REX soft clouds, the SpeedTrees look fantastic, the A2A commanche is flying perfectly, sim loads quicker than 2.5 ever did stock.  Absolutely nothing that's a negative I've found compared to 2.5.

Avatar mode is another fun addition that I look forward to exploring more.  Tons to like, not to mention the much better VAS handling.

Haters gonna hate, but there's absolutely nothing but good other than having to pay for the new version, which I'm happy to do to support significant progress of our hobby!  We know we all spend way more on addons anyway, so I don't see the fuss.  Very pleased!

So far I'm loving it!  Much better UI, subtle graphics/performance improvements across the board, I swear the stock clouds look as good or better than my 2.5 REX soft clouds, the SpeedTrees look fantastic, the A2A commanche is flying perfectly, sim loads quicker than 2.5 ever did stock.  Absolutely nothing that's a negative I've found compared to 2.5.

Avatar mode is another fun addition that I look forward to exploring more.  Tons to like, not to mention the much better VAS handling.

Haters gonna hate, but there's absolutely nothing but good other than having to pay for the new version, which I'm happy to do to support significant progress of our hobby!  We know we all spend way more on addons anyway, so I don't see the fuss.  Very pleased!

+1 I feel the same with what I've experienced thus far.

pmdg plane seems to be fine, i get this error log when i exit p3d, any suggestions?

[error.0]
error=Key values exist outside of a section: 
 File:D:\p3d3\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 777-200LR\panel\panel.cfg
 Key:

[error.1]
error=Found Duplicate Key Name
 Section:VCockpit21
 Key: 

[error.2]
error=Found Duplicate Key Name