Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[01OCT15] Prepar3D v2/v3 compatible installers available

So... Great support, but I can't install it into P3D v3. I don't have v2.5 anymore (clean deinstallation  with all addons) but the Installer from PMDG tells me "unable to locate Prepar3D.exe. Unable to Install." 

You sure you downloaded the latest installer from your account?

Kyle Rodgers

PMDG has the latest version of RAAS for the P3D 777 installer.  So it shouldn't be asking you for an update.  Robert and I discussed the update personally.

You can disable RAAS by going into the XML.dll for Prepar 3D and changing Disabled to True:

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

Try downloading the 777 again via your PMDG account.  Save it to your desktop or any other new location.  Maybe you still have the old 777 installer?  That might explain RAAS being out of date?

Hi Bryan. Thanks for the speedy reply,

I downloaded the new installer to a separate folder, and also the 777 recognised P3D v3 when I installed it so that would suggest it was correct. I'll disable RAAS temporally for now but will probably try a redownload and reinstall later.

Cheers,

A

Sure did!

Kyle, please see my own topic here. :) Thanks for your assistance. 

Philipp Schwaegerl

Hi Bryan. Thanks for the speedy reply,

I downloaded the new installer to a separate folder, and also the 777 recognised P3D v3 when I installed it so that would suggest it was correct. I'll disable RAAS temporally for now but will probably try a redownload and reinstall later.

Cheers,

A

Sure did!

Anyone else experience this?

If not, I'm guessing maybe your anti-virus ate something.  That can happen.

When you re-install, ensure your anti-virus is "excluding" the P3D V3 folder.

Thanks Robert, and to PMDG for all the hard work.

P3D v3 is compatible with Windows 10 (hardware drivers being a separate issue!). Can we assume that the PMDG products compatible with P3D v3 also have no (known!) issues regarding Windows 10?

Thanks

Dave Nash

I uninstalled both the Prepar3D v2.x 737NGX and 777 before installing the new versions.  I am getting the "Your product is out of date. Do you want to update?" for RAAS Professional when starting Prepar3D as well after installing the 777.  Not sure if it matters but I don't use FS2Crew.

John

John P. Navara

PP ASEL-IA - 1967 V35 N480H

Complex, HP & Tailwheel endorsements

https://twitch.tv/Sim_Dude

I uninstalled both the Prepar3D v2.x 737NGX and 777 before installing the new versions.  I am getting the "Your product is out of date. Do you want to update?" for RAAS Professional when starting Prepar3D as well after installing the 777.  Not sure if it matters but I don't use FS2Crew.

RAAS, which is included with and integrated into the 777, was produced by FS2Crew.

It's the function that gives the runway callouts.

Kyle Rodgers

Should I go ahead and update or did the 777 installer have the newest version.  Why am I getting the error?

Our software is independent of FS2Crew's, primarily. In order to keep things flexible, they update independently. You might as well get the latest version from them if it's saying there's an update. Questions about the update are best answered by them, though. It's not really an error as much as a notification. There's simply a newer version.

Kyle Rodgers

Our software is independent of FS2Crew's, primarily. In order to keep things flexible, they update independently. You might as well get the latest version from them if it's saying there's an update. Questions about the update are best answered by them, though. It's not really an error as much as a notification. There's simply a newer version.

After reading this: "PMDG has the latest version of RAAS for the P3D 777 installer.  So it shouldn't be asking you for an update.  Robert and I discussed the update personally."  I was under the assumption that the newest installer was up to date.

Thanks,

John

John P. Navara

PP ASEL-IA - 1967 V35 N480H

Complex, HP & Tailwheel endorsements

https://twitch.tv/Sim_Dude

John-

It may not be, upon further investigation.

So rather than hitting Kyle with the same question three times- do what he suggests.  That will be your fastest route to a solution.

(Believe it or not- he knows what he is saying...)

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

I'm unable to get to your website. It appears to be down...?

It's definitely up.

Full names in the forum too, please.

(Believe it or not- he knows what he is saying...)

...but only on the first Thursday of the month. The rest of the month? *spins the wheel*

Kyle Rodgers