Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[01OCT15] Prepar3D v2/v3 compatible installers available

Gents-

I had to go review something to make sure I was correct:

We have NOT included any updates to RAAS in this update.  This was purely an installer logic change, and as stated in the release announcement, nothing about the product itself contained within the installer was changed. 

If RAAS is important to you, you can get any updates directly from FS2Crew- and they are simple and easy to install.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Thank you PMDG, for bringing us the new P3Dv3 installers so quickly. Very much appreciated. I'm looking forward to learning the NGX in the new VAS-benign skies. :wink:

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

Anyone else experience this?

If not, I'm guessing maybe your anti-virus ate something.  That can happen.

When you re-install, ensure your anti-virus is "excluding" the P3D V3 folder.

Yes I have the same. And I don't have livery manager function in the ops center.... Trying A reinstall

Hi.. I have P3D v2 with PMDG 737 NGX and 777 products. I have installed P3D v3 without any addons alongside P3D v2 but now my PMDG Operations Center no longer detects my PMDG products in P3D v2. Is there any reason for this? I haven't attempted to install any PMDG products into v3 yet..

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

Hi.. I have P3D v2 with PMDG 737 NGX and 777 products. I have installed P3D v3 without any addons alongside P3D v2 but now my PMDG Operations Center no longer detects my PMDG products in P3D v2. Is there any reason for this? I haven't attempted to install any PMDG products into v3 yet..

Please see Post #1 in this thread.

For reasons of simplicity we set everything up to pay attention to only one installation of P3D. As mentioned in that first post, if v3 is found, v2 is ignored.

Kyle Rodgers

Ok thanks..just wanted to clarify..I misread the post..i assumed v2 would only be ignored when using the updated installer..thanks for the clarifiaction. I assume the PMDG products in v2 will still be fully operable? Thanks again.

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

...but only on the first Thursday of the month.

in 2 hours , it's gonna be Friday here ... :|

Captain Hamzeh Farhadi

A320 TRI/TRE at Iran Air

Hi all, hope this is the appropriate forum...

For those of us that purchase P3Dv3 and of course, purchase and use the latest NGX installer, will there be any potential conflicts with the NGX that is already installed in FSX. It is my intention to keep FSX on the same PC, at least initially. Just worried that the NGX in P3dv3 might break the one in FSX or vice versa.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

will there be any potential conflicts with the NGX that is already installed in FSX.

None. I have FSX FSXSE P3D and XPlane on the same PC. I cannot think of any way they might conflict.

Dan Downs KCRP

Gents-

I had to go review something to make sure I was correct:

We have NOT included any updates to RAAS in this update.  This was purely an installer logic change, and as stated in the release announcement, nothing about the product itself contained within the installer was changed. 

If RAAS is important to you, you can get any updates directly from FS2Crew- and they are simple and easy to install.

FYI, I've updated the RAAS update installer (777 Version only) on the FS2Crew RAAS Updates page so it will now detect P3D Version 3.

It's at the bottom of this page:

http://www.fs2crew.com/cart/pages/RAAS-Professional.html

Cheers,

FYI, I've updated the RAAS update installer (777 Version only) on the FS2Crew RAAS Updates page so it will now detect P3D Version 3.

It's at the bottom of this page:

http://www.fs2crew.com/cart/pages/RAAS-Professional.html

Cheers,

Hi Bryan,

I ran the new update and re-enabled RAAS in the DLL.XML, and P3D is still crashing, so I will try a clean re-install of the 777 and RAAS.

Thank you so much to PMDG for the respect to us that have been supporting the company by buying your products, and keeping them compatible with the new Sim relaeses!

Thank you PMDG!  I installed the new installers into v3 last night and tried to fly but when I loaded into the 737 none of the gauges, switches or lights were working.  Not sure if this is an issue anyone else is having with v3 or if I should just re-install it again?  I will also try updating RAAS tonight, however I don't think it has anything to do with my issue.  Thanks gents!