Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[01OCT15] Prepar3D v2/v3 compatible installers available

Hi Bryan,

I ran the new update and re-enabled RAAS in the DLL.XML, and P3D is still crashing, so I will try a clean re-install of the 777 and RAAS.

Clean download and install with AV off, P3D still crashes when RAAS pro is active, If I disable it I can run P3d no problems, not sure what more to do now!

PC is Windows 10 x64 if that makes any difference?

Thank you PMDG!  I installed the new installers into v3 last night and tried to fly but when I loaded into the 737 none of the gauges, switches or lights were working.  Not sure if this is an issue anyone else is having with v3 or if I should just re-install it again?  I will also try updating RAAS tonight, however I don't think it has anything to do with my issue.  Thanks gents! 

Update, I tried to reinstall all of P3D as well as re-download and install the 737 and having the same issue.  There is no longer a message telling me it is initializing and to wait 15 seconds like v2.  No control surfaces work and no gauges, screens or switches work.  Any ideas?

It won't let me copy a file either, but here is the error log.  Looks to be a problem with the dll's somehow:

[error.0]

error=Error loading "PMDG\DLLs\PMDG_HUD_interface.dll." in "C:\Users\Cole\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\DLL.xml."

[error.1]

error=C-style gauge failed to load: C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Gauges\PMDG_737NGX.dll, Gauge: CaptainGlareshieldEdge.  Verify the correct version of SimConnect is installed.

[error.2]

error=C-style gauge failed to load: C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Gauges\PMDG_737NGX.dll, Gauge: LeftGlareshieldEdge.  Verify the correct version of SimConnect is installed.

[error.3]

error=C-style gauge failed to load: C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Gauges\PMDG_737NGX.dll, Gauge: LeftGlareshieldEdge1.  Verify the correct version of SimConnect is installed.

[error.4]

error=C-style gauge failed to load: C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Gauges\PMDG_737NGX.dll, Gauge: CaptainColumn.  Verify the correct version of SimConnect is installed.

All the way down to error.176 but they are all guage errors not loading from here.

Nameless,

1) Please sign your full name in the PMDG forum.  You can read our forum expectations at the top of the forum.

2) Please read the README files contained in your download.  Follow the instructions related to simconnect and you will be all squared away.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Currently running P3D v2.5 and just installed P3D v3. Having some many addons that will require upgrading to v3 it is my intention to keep using v2.5 until new installers are released. If I have understood this thread so far I will have to remove PMDG from v2.5 in order to install it on v3. Just wanted to know if after installation on v3 I could reinstall PMDG to v2.5 using the old installer.

Many thanks to Capt Randazzo and the team for such quick delivery of software for P3D latest version.

Regards

The instructions are pretty clear. Don't know how else to say with P3Dv3 you can only install the product in P3Dv3.  If you try installing with the old installer into v2.5 I would expect problems with the Operations Center and registry entries and wouldn't be surprised if these were difficult to repair without knowledge of the registry.

Dan Downs KCRP

I have P3D v2.5 on my PC with various PMDG products installed. I have installed P3D v3 on the same PC. I have read the post at the beginning of this topic. I just need to inquire as to why PMDG have expectations that I will be installing their products into P3D v3? The reason I raise this is due to my PMDG Operations Center no longer recognises my PMDG products in P3D v2.5, simply because I decided to purchase and install P3D v3. I was told to "read the 1st post" when I first raised this issue. I had no prior warning. Is this negative advertising? I maybe had no intention of installing PMDG products into P3D v3, but now I am forced to to get my Operations Center operable again..Any other users with this issue? P3D v3 is advertised as a new product...not an update. PMDG seem to regard this as an update and disable functions should you decide to install v3. I should be able to decide whether I want to install PMDG into v3.....Why must we "remove products from v2.5 to be able to use v3"? V3 is a new sim......This sounds like a major workaround from PMDG who regard this as an upgrade rather than a new platform. I require to be able to use my operations center in v2.5, regardless of my v3 installation. My purchase of v3 was not to use PMDG but for GA use. The two platforms are separate. We purchased them separately. Give back my Operations Center please.

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

I have P3D v2.5 on my PC with various PMDG products installed. I have installed P3D v3 on the same PC. I have read the post at the beginning of this topic. I just need to inquire as to why PMDG have expectations that I will be installing their products into P3D v3? The reason I raise this is due to my PMDG Operations Center no longer recognises my PMDG products in P3D v2.5, simply because I decided to purchase and install P3D v3. I was told to "read the 1st post" when I first raised this issue. I had no prior warning. Is this negative advertising? I maybe had no intention of installing PMDG products into P3D v3, but now I am forced to to get my Operations Center operable again..Any other users with this issue? P3D v3 is advertised as a new product...not an update. PMDG seem to regard this as an update and disable functions should you decide to install v3. I should be able to decide whether I want to install PMDG into v3.....Why must we "remove products from v2.5 to be able to use v3"? V3 is a new sim......This sounds like a major workaround from PMDG who regard this as an upgrade rather than a new platform. I require to be able to use my operations center in v2.5, regardless of my v3 installation. My purchase of v3 was not to use PMDG but for GA use. The two platforms are separate. We purchased them separately. Give back my Operations Center please.

I think you may want to re-read your post and perhaps see the tone it is conveying. We are all lucky PMDG provided us with installers as quickly as they did, and you may also wish to read Roberts post explaining why they did it this way.

It was not to remove functionality.

As for "give back my operations center" - well, I am not even going to comment.

Peter,

To be blunt. This makes no sense. Why would you operate v2 and v3 side by side. Did you operate FS9 and FSX side by side as well?

Kyle Rodgers

Hi...wasn't meant to be negative...I appreciate PMDG and the fantastic software....I was maybe mistaken with my post...I was just taken unawares when i downloaded v3 and was no longer able to use my PMDG OPS center.....I regard PMDG to be the best in terms of customer support and available simulation software...I guess I must just transfer all..... :smile: I know how the real thing operates and PMDG is the closest....I just didn't want to be "pushed" into going to v3....but I'm on my way! Sorry again if I gave the wrong impression..And thanks to Kyle for your input to the forums....It seems you never sleep!

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

Well, I patiently read through the 4 pages, and since strangely nobody has asked, and it-s also not covered on the OP....

What about those of us who purchased a boxed version and cannot "log into the e-commerce site"...? Has this been made available to the rest of the vendors yet?

Well, I patiently read through the 4 pages, and since strangely nobody has asked, and it-s also not covered on the OP....

What about those of us who purchased a boxed version and cannot "log into the e-commerce site"...? Has this been made available to the rest of the vendors yet?

There are no boxed versions of our P3D products.

Hi...wasn't meant to be negative...I appreciate PMDG and the fantastic software....I was maybe mistaken with my post...I was just taken unawares when i downloaded v3 and was no longer able to use my PMDG OPS center.....I regard PMDG to be the best in terms of customer support and available simulation software...I guess I must just transfer all..... :smile: I know how the real thing operates and PMDG is the closest....I just didn't want to be "pushed" into going to v3....but I'm on my way! Sorry again if I gave the wrong impression..And thanks to Kyle for your input to the forums....It seems you never sleep!

It's definitely best that you move everything over into v3, honestly. Our aircraft do use a decent amount of memory, so the improved VAS handling would definitely make your flights more enjoyable since you don't have to worry as much about that. I honestly think you'll enjoy it a lot more if you just move over into the new platform altogether.

For what it's worth, I believe RSR and the team are working on getting the OC to be a little more intelligent about finding where things are for a future update (of the OC, specifically), but do keep in mind that we can't plan ahead for certain things - particularly if they're non-standard like keeping two versions of the same sim.

And I do sleep, but not very much. I may or may not have an IV drip of coffee to get me through my days. Hopefully not for too much longer, however, once I can drop my commute into DC  :Cuppa:

Kyle Rodgers

scandinavian13, on 09 Oct 2015 - 08:42 AM, said:

Wow.. talk about confusion...

Yesterday I was going through the s**tload of add-ons looking for any updates, etc, and when I came to this after going through several "1product/multiple platform" ones completely didn't think that these were not like that and that my boxed ones are actually FSX only so no P3d patch for them of course!

Sorry...

It's definitely best that you move everything over into v3, honestly. Our aircraft do use a decent amount of memory, so the improved VAS handling would definitely make your flights more enjoyable since you don't have to worry as much about that. I honestly think you'll enjoy it a lot more if you just move over into the new platform altogether.

For what it's worth, I believe RSR and the team are working on getting the OC to be a little more intelligent about finding where things are for a future update (of the OC, specifically), but do keep in mind that we can't plan ahead for certain things - particularly if they're non-standard like keeping two versions of the same sim.

And I do sleep, but not very much. I may or may not have an IV drip of coffee to get me through my days. Hopefully not for too much longer, however, once I can drop my commute into DC  :Cuppa:

Thank you for the advice.

Peter Webber

Peter Webber, on 07 Oct 2015 - 03:51 AM, said:

Peter,

To be blunt. This makes no sense. Why would you operate v2 and v3 side by side. Did you operate FS9 and FSX side by side as well?

NOT SIDE BY SIDE, Kyle, one at a time...each with its own Operations Center. Peter Webber makes all the sense in the world, just as I stated in my post last night " I was was upset by the edict that flying the NGX AND T7 was an "either /Or" situation.

I have all my add-ones working well in P3dv2.5 and I want to continue flying with them until P3dv3 has installers for ALL the DLC I have purchased, while, at times, still flying and experimenting with P3dv3 on the same machine.

As you pointed out to me today, 10/15/15, Mr. Randazzo, on 10/29/15 said,

"To keep everything simple, you will not be able to install for BOTH v2.x and v3.x at the same time, unless you understand the file structure and feel comfortable doing a copy/paste operation on your own."

In other words, concurrent installation is not only possible, but implicitly OK'd in p3dv2.x AND P3dv3...and instructions for doing so, would be forthcoming.

I have no intention of running them at the same time, rather spending development/learning time in each...at separate times, but WITH the NGX &T7 available to both. "

Be well, and thanks for your service, sir

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2