Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[01OCT15] Prepar3D v2/v3 compatible installers available

Chas

If you read the text you quoted, it goes as follows:

RSR: "To keep everything simple, you will not be able to install for BOTH v2.x and v3.x at the same time, unless you understand the file structure and feel comfortable doing a copy/paste operation on your own."

And then your own: In other words, concurrent installation is not only possible, but implicitly OK'd in p3dv2.x AND P3dv3...and instructions for doing so, would be forthcoming.

Contradictory much?

I think what Robert implied is that it is technically possible but at your own behest and risk. Why would they provide instructions?

Chas

If you read the text you quoted, it goes as follows:

RSR: "To keep everything simple, you will not be able to install for BOTH v2.x and v3.x at the same time, unless you understand the file structure and feel comfortable doing a copy/paste operation on your own."

And then your own: In other words, concurrent installation is not only possible, but implicitly OK'd in p3dv2.x AND P3dv3...and instructions for doing so, would be forthcoming.

Contradictory much?

I think what Robert implied is that it is technically possible but at your own behest and risk.

Why would they provide instructions?

The exact quote is

"To keep everything simple,

1. "you will not be able to install for BOTH v2.x and v3.x at the same time, unless you understand the file structure and feel comfortable doing a copy/paste operation on your own"...I believe you added the bold and underline and italics to press your point, which is well taken, and while my comment was certainly not contradictory, was perhaps a tad naïve.

Thanks ,

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

hesynergy,

Please update your signature to show your full real name, as required by the rules of the forum. Then we will know who we are talking to.

Ta!

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

hesynergy,Please update your signature to show your full real name, as required by the rules of the forum. Then we will know who we are talking to.Ta!

No problem, Richard...an oversight...

Regards,

Chas Reed

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

Bryan York says above that:

"PMDG has the latest version of RAAS for the P3D 777 installer.  So it shouldn't be asking you for an update.  Robert and I discussed the update personally."

I too have followed instructions to the letter, uninstalled 737 and  777 from P3Dv2.5. I then re-downloaded the installers from my account and ran them. 737 went fine but I got the RAAS out-of-date error when installing the 777. Does anyone know a better solution to this issue other than disabling RAAS in the XML.dll as described in Bryan's post.

If not, where is this xml.dll anyway, so that I can disable it?

Many thanks in advance

Vincent Codlrick

Ooops! Please ignore my post above about RAAS - I just noticed that there is a page 2, 3, 4, and 5 to this thread which cover the issue pretty well.

Sorry,

Vincent

Robert,

Thanks for the quick reaction on the upgrade from P3D v2.5 to v3.0.

I hope this the right address to get some help with an installation problem ?

After de-installation of P3D v2.5 and PMDG 737 NGX i have installed P3D v3.0 on a separate, newly formatted SSD.  Installed FSUIPC 4.948, re-installed a newly dowloaded version of PMDG 737-NGX for P3D but now I am faced with problem that none of the buttons in the cockpit (2D and virtual) do respond.  PMDG

Last week I installed the same software for a friend on his machine (see my separate purchases) and everything was working fine...

Apparently somehting went wrong somewhere! 

Robert,

After de-installation of P3D v2.5 and PMDG 737 NGX i have installed P3D v3.0 on a separate, newly formatted SSD.  Installed FSUIPC 4.948, re-installed a newly dowloaded version of PMDG 737-NGX for P3D but now I am faced with problem that none of the buttons in the cockpit (2D and virtual) do respond.  PMDG was installed was Admin and P3D is running as Admin.

Last week I installed the same software for a friend on his machine (see my separate purchases) and everything was working fine...

Who can please help me ?

Best regards
Peter Magnus

Belgium

IVAO 110982

VATSIM 815597

http://www.fscb.be/

peter.magnus@telenet.be

After de-installation of P3D v2.5 and PMDG 737 NGX i have installed P3D v3.0 on a separate, newly formatted SSD.  Installed FSUIPC 4.948, re-installed a newly dowloaded version of PMDG 737-NGX for P3D but now I am faced with problem that none of the buttons in the cockpit (2D and virtual) do respond.  PMDG

Please read the stickied posts. We wrote them for a reason :wink: :

http://www.avsim.com/topic/475850-03oct15-read-this-if-you-have-trouble-in-prepar3d-v3-updated/ (See Steps 1 and 2)

Kyle Rodgers

Kyle,

Thanks for the quick response.  I did read the post with guidelines but I must apologize : I did download the latest version of PMDG 737 NGX but upon installing I took a WRONG version that was still in my download folder.  Stupid me...  Meanwhile installed the correct latest version and all systems are up and running.

Again sorry !!!

Best regards.

Peter Magnus

Meanwhile installed the correct latest version and all systems are up and running.

Glad to hear you got it figured out!

Kyle Rodgers

Hi all ,

Hope someone can help me with this ,

I m having troubles running the 777 in P3D v3 ( flights of 8 hour and longer)and totally no problems running it in v2.5.

I have v2.5 and v3 installed and was wondering if it is possible to install the 777 in v2.5 and the 737 in v3 , i know that it can't be installed in v2.5 and v3 together but don't know if it is possible to have the 777 installed in 2.5 and the 737 in 3.

Hope someone can help me with this .

Have a great saturday and thanks in advance .

Best regards ,

Gérard van Veldhoven

Just for clarification, when you say:

"IMPORTANT INSTALLATION CONSIDERATIONS:  If you have your PMDG product already installed to P3D v2, and then you install P3D v3 and wish to use your PMDG product in v3, you will need to UNINSTALL the PMDG product before you will be allowed to install it to v3."

That means that during the uninstall process of the PMDG product installed to P3Dv2, you should be connected to the internet?.

Regards,

Edward

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

"IMPORTANT INSTALLATION CONSIDERATIONS:  If you have your PMDG product already installed to P3D v2, and then you install P3D v3 and wish to use your PMDG product in v3, you will need to UNINSTALL the PMDG product before you will be allowed to install it to v3."

That means that during the uninstall process of the PMDG product installed to P3Dv2, you should be connected to the internet?.

Where in any of that was the internet mentioned?

Uninstall. Reinstall. Done.

Kyle Rodgers

Good day, i own most the PMDG products for FSX and im looking to transition to P3Dv3. Do i have to purchase all the aircraft again or just install them into P3Dv3 with my current PMDG account? Thanks. Again for clarification in case i missed it somewhere.

rb_banner_driver.png        ugcx_banner.png

Olisa "Ols" Achonye  

USN/USAF  

Good day, i own most the PMDG products for FSX and im looking to transition to P3Dv3. Do i have to purchase all the aircraft again or just install them into P3Dv3 with my current PMDG account? Thanks. Again for clarification in case i missed it somewhere.

A separate license is required, should you want to use the aircraft in P3D. If you're curious as to why, please see here.

Kyle Rodgers

Здравствуйте, когда начинает работать PMDG Boeing 777 л / F для X-Plane 10, с реалистичными звуками?

Hello, when starts working PMDG Boeing 777 L/F for X-Plane 10, with realistic sounds?