Sign in to follow this  
Omar Masroor

Aerosoft Southwest Florida Intl (KRSW) Preview

Very nice work!  Looking forward to it.

• Upvote 1

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

STATUS UPDATE #2

Hey everyone. I regret to inform you that, due to a delay, the release of the scenery has been postponed to some time next week. However, the good news is that the Download version and the Steam version of the scenery will be released on the same day. I thank you all for your patience regarding the release of this product.

Excellent !

There is a lot of work here, great attention to details and everything perfectly fitting together. Congrats !

Just one very little regret : as far as I can tell from the pictures, the buildings are a little too clean, and lack the nicely worn out look we see on the ground.

Looks like some talented people start to actually use deep X-Plane graphic potential.

Can't wait to buy it !

Pascal

Hello Pascal, and thank you for your feedback. I hope I've addressed your concern about the buildings being too clean, please check post #15 :)

Any news on this scenery?   Sounded like it was about to be released, but that was a while ago.

Rob

Hi Rob, the scenery will be released some time next week on the Aerosoft Online Shop and the Steam Store.

X-plane and Steam? Will the Steam version work with FSX?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Unfortunately, this is an X-Plane exclusive and there are no plans to convert it for FSX or P3D. The scenery will work with the Boxed, Download and Steam versions of X-Plane 10.40 or higher.

Ha! I did not realize there is a Steam version of x-plane.

• Upvote 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Hi everyone, I have completed developing a free update to the KRSW scenery and it will be released by Aerosoft soon. Here are some of the improvements:

• All scenery objects will now display even when the Number of Objects in the Rendering Options is set to Default (you no longer need to set it to Extreme to see all the objects)
  • Added taxiways G3, G5, G6, H, K and L
  • Added the new fire station

Click on the images below to see the improvements:

24745055111_33b6f682d2_o.jpg

24720652592_505dfe697e_o.jpg

24812254186_f7b67515c4_o.jpg

24211670033_7ec2a85c7b_o.jpg

24745052781_08e265408a_o.jpg

By default, Static Aircraft and Volumetric Grass are disabled in the scenery. Here are detailed instructions on how to enable them:

1. Quit X-Plane

2. Navigate to your X-Plane 10/Custom Scenery/Aerosoft KRSW 2_Scenery/ folder

3. Here you will find four folders, namely:

Earth nav data
Earth nav data.Base+Static Aircraft
Earth nav data.Base+Static Aircraft+VolGrass
Earth nav data.Base+VolGrass

4. Rename the Earth nav data folder to Earth nav data.Base

5. Choose one of the other three folders and rename it to Earth nav data (for example, if you want to enable both Static Aircraft and Volumetric Grass, rename Earth nav data.Base+Static Aircraft+VolGrass to Earth nav data). X-Plane only uses the folder that you name "Earth nav data".

Note: Enabling Volumetric Grass may have a significant performance impact on some systems.

If you see a strange 'shadow' or 'waves' on the runway, follow these instructions to fix it:

1. Navigate to the folder X-Plane 10/Custom Scenery/Aerosoft KRSW 2_Scenery/

2. Find the file 847.pol and make a backup of it

3. Open the 847.pol ​in a text editor and replace the line LAYER_GROUP roads +3 with ​LAYER_GROUP roads -5 and save the file

You will no longer see the runway grooves and the associated artifacts. If, however, you want to get the runway grooves back, simply reverse the above procedure.
  • Upvote 1

Nice Work Omar Is there any ATC routes created ?

thanks

Yes, taxi routes for all taxiways are included for AI aircraft to use.

Hi Frank,

I believe Latin VFR has a KRSW for FSX and P3D - - - I've been very happy with the products I've purchased from them (KEYW and KSAN)... I plan to pick up their KRSW one of these days....

Regards,,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Yes, taxi routes for all taxiways are included for AI aircraft to use.

Fantastic work Omar....hope we see more products from you in the future!