Sign in to follow this  
hvw

Error 0x00000022 when starting Prepard3dv3

After downloading and installing Prepar3d v2, which went flawless without any hiccups or error messages, I attempted to start up Prepar3dv3. To my surprise I got the following error message:

The application was unable to start (0xc0000022).

Have any of you an idea what might be the cause of this and/or how to resolve this issue?

All other applications including Prepar3dv2.5 run without any problem on my Windows10 x64 system with ESET Smart Security.

Thanks,

Hans

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

I have simular problem but no error message.

The program just shut down after rebuilding scenery during startup.

I just contact p3d support for help.

I have the same error than you @klimpen.

If they answer you, could you post here the solution?

Thank you.

Nestor

After installing P3Dv3, did you reboot Windows?  Seems this is required for some.

You should also make sure you started P3D with Administrative Rights by right clicking the icon, then right clicking Prepar3Dv3 and selecting start up with admin rights.  You can also go to the main P3D folder and right click on P3Dv3.exe and select Properties.  Click on the compatibility tab and then look down near the bottom and make sure Run with Administrative Rights is selected.  You did install P3D in the non-default folder such as C:\LockHeedMartin\Prepar3Dv3?  Hopefully you did not install it in the default which is C:\Program Files (X86) folder.  When you installed the application, did you have UserAccessControls (UAC) turned off and any anti-virus program disabled during the installation?  Here's how to turn UAC off for Windows 10 - http://winaero.com/blog/how-to-turn-off-and-disable-uac-in-windows-10/. An anti-virus program and/or UAC can stop a program from installing certain files to prevent you from evil people and these programs are not needed if you know where the download came from and it is trusted by you. 

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks a lot Jim. Already have done all you suggested apart from turning off my virus scanner. I will give that a go asap. I already am in touch with Beau Hollis on this matter as well, hopefully turning of the virus scanner and reinstalling P3Dv3 will solve it

Later: Installed without virusscanner being active, unfortunately still no luck :( Thanks for helping, Jim.

Best regards,

Hans van Wijhe

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

Thanks a lot Jim. Already have done all you suggested apart from turning off my virus scanner. I will give that a go asap. I already am in touch with Beau Hollis on this matter as well, hopefully turning of the virus scanner and reinstalling P3Dv3 will solve it

Later: Installed without virusscanner being active, unfortunately still no luck :sad: Thanks for helping, Jim.

Best regards,

Hans van Wijhe

I had a crash similar to your tonight.  P3Dv3 running great all day long and then I uninstall P3Dv2 and v3 still would not start up.  I did a repair install which doesn't touch your p3d.cfg, scenery.cfg, or other files like the dll.xml and exe.xml by running the setup program again and selecting repair.  I still got the crash at startup.  I had RAASPRO installed by PMDG when I installed those aircraft and it kept telling me earlier in the day to update it and I kept selecting no.  In any case, I disabled RAASPRO entry in the dll.xml and that fixed my problem.  So, if you have a dll.xml you might want to try moving it to a temporary folder and restart P3D (the dll.xml is not installed by default and not needed).  You just want to remove it to see if that file is corrupted or one of the modules is causing the crash.  If so, you need to find the offending module.

EDIT:   I just looked in the Event Viewer to see if I was getting a similar error as you and was not.  It showed the RAASPRO.dll as the faulting module so they may not apply to you after all but thought I would pass it on as others might have the same problem.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Jim,

The weird thing is, that after installation, which was reported as successful, not any of the .cfg files were being created. Also the usual entries in the appdata sections, programdata and documents folders were not even created. I decided to completely uninstall my virusscanner and revert to Windows Defender. I will later today (attempt to) reinstall P3Dv3. Another weird thing is that when I use DependencyWalker on prepar3d.exe I note that there are two entries for msvcp120.dll, both marked "red". (There only should be one entry as in P3d v2.5). When I look in the properties of msvcp120.dll in my Windows/Syswow64 folder there are no entries at all and no owner etc are being displayed.  Something rotten in the state of Denmark :)

Best regards,

Hans

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe