Sign in to follow this  
kevinfirth

Wxr radar data and Opus

Good morning PMDG,

Opus have confirmed this morning the following: (reproduced below)

"Prepar3D v3

With the release of Lockheed Martin's Prepar3D v3 we are now concentrating on incorporating the new weather related PDK functions into our OpusPDK Interface and also using the corrected WeatherRequestCloudState SimConnect function to provide an OpusFSI Weather Radar (WX Radar) feature.

We will provide our own top down WX Radar Map and also provide a simple WX Radar Interface to allow 3rd parties to control and extract our hi-res WX Radar data. Our WX Radar data will also make use of our detailed internal Live Weather Map and GRIB atmospheric data."

Will you be liaising with Opus so that PMDG a/c will be able to make use of this data please?

Thanks K

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Kevin,

That will depend upon them.  It takes more than just whipping up something that is supposed to look like radar and throwing out a bunch of data.  It took a significant amount of cooperation and spirited teamwork with the guys over at HiFi in order to create the module that interfaces with their data output in the 777.

The REX team is working on a similar project and we have had quite a bit of back-and-forth as they map out a strategy.  We are all hoping to see their product work as an option in the 747 for those who use REX.

We will gladly work with other developers- but we are a pretty busy lot here so we prefer to work with folks who, like the folks at REX and HIFI are supportive, have a sense of humor and are averse to drama.  Our interactions with Opus in the past have been...  interesting. 

So we shall see.

• Upvote 1

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Robert, thanks for the reply, which I have made Stephen aware of. All I can ask

is that you both try. I have my fingers crossed that everyones professionalism will win the day and you can all work together happily. If it doesnt work out, well there are much worse things in the world... :) Thanks K

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png