Sign in to follow this  
Zuendholz

Can't install PMDG 737 / 777 into Prepar3D v3

Hi,

I recently downloaded the latest installer from my account and the installer says "v2 or v3". After hitting the installer, a message shows up with "unable to locate Prepar3D.exe. Unable to Install." and the installation terminates. 

I deinstalled all PMDG aircraft, 3rd party addons and the entire P3D v2.5 completely. 

FYI, other installer like FlightBeam, Active Sky Next can find the Prepar3D.exe, so i guess there is no problem with P3D. 

I hope you can help me with this. It's the first time I have a problem with PMDG and Prepar3D. 

Greetings

Philipp Schwaegerl

Phillip-

The installer is looking at your registry for the location information.  If you are getting a message saying that it is unable to find the location, then the proper location key is not present in the registry.

I am going to refrain from making any comments on how to check your registry- because some folks might read those instructions and decide to try things they shouldn't try...

If you know where and how to look for the P3D setuppath- please do.  If you need more detailed help, reach out to us at support and one of the guys will take you through it!

Either way it isn't terribly difficult to fix.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Ok thanks Robert.

I checked it, but it seems that it is pointing in the right direction, so the installer *should* find the path. However, I opend a ticked. Maybe I've done something wrong. 

Philipp Schwaegerl

Philipp-

Read the README files contained with your installer.  Specifically, pay attention to the warnings about simconnect.

Lockheed Martin made some changes that do require users to engage in a bit of self help. 

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

This problem is probably because you have moved p3d to another folder than what is was originaly installed to.

This problem is probably because you have moved p3d to another folder than what is was originaly installed to.

Ok so... your comment is not very helpful. If the user installed P3D somwhere else what should he do???

Ing Zimmerman

Ok so... your comment is not very helpful. If the user installed P3D somwhere else what should he do???

This was a loong time ago, but lets say you have installed P3D on i.e D:\Games\P3D in 2014 with PMDG 737. Then later for some reason you uninstall P3D and PMDG in 2016 (not reinstalling Windows) and reinstall P3D again, but this time to D:\P3D, then you might get this issue when installing PMDG because it is still looking for P3D in D:\Games\P3D. 

Hope this helps :)

Yes thank you it does.

Actualy if we reinstall we should first uninstall PMDG and P3D..

Thaks.

Bat

Ing Zimmerman