Sign in to follow this  
Mike_CFII_MEL

Three 75" 4K's Are Installed

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I'm sorry to say, but I'm not too impressed with the display quality of those UHD tv's ...  how do you drive them ?

Hi,

How can you make that decision looking at a 1080p compressed video on youtube?... you haven't see (first hand) the display at  a resolution of 12,288 x 2,160 and that's just one reason. Here area few more:

1. if I try to run a resolution of 12288x2160 within FSX/P3Dv2 = CRASH

2. FSX/P3Dv2 when it runs, vsync / tearing issues

3. Studders

4. You're looking at a compressed video image of the real deal

All except number four is fixed in P3D3, nothing they can do about Youtube and the compression they use. :smile:

I'm now running P3D3 and the three UHDTV's are run on three Titan X Super Clocked video boards. The three TV display design is absolutely stunning. Additional videos will be online shortly.

I'm sorry to say, but I'm not too impressed with the display quality of those UHD tv's ...  how do you drive them ?

Just out of curiosity as that bird insured? A lot of money tied up there and would be catastrphic to lose it in a flood/fire

Sorry Mike, was only my first impression on youtube :wub: ... With those specs it should be a bomb indeed.

But which GPU (s) do you use to run so many pixels ?

Hi,

I have three superclocked titan X's, one for each TV. I just finished my first flight in P3D3, L/M did a great job... Here is the latest video:

• Upvote 1

Nice video Mike!  Looks like you can really get a sense of speed when landing with that peripheral view....whoa!

Love it Mike ... extremely well done ... I'm glad you posted this on LM's video showcase forum.  Definitely pushing P3D V3 to the limit.

Cheers, Rob.

VERY nice Michael!

Thank you for sharing.

Would you please send me a PM and detail which model monitors you use, also love to know the specs on your PCs including motherboard, processor, ram and overclock.

thanks again, great flight setup!

Mike, do you use 3 seperate undocked views ?

If so what are your settings.

Each time you undock a view the framerate drops with 40-50% , but your vid is smooth.

Hi Gerard,

Right now it's setup via Surround, when I add the additional computers I'll move to 3 separate views.