Sign in to follow this  
alex

Question (wet jetwash and what to expect from AI)

hello!

I've just bought PrecipitFX for my Level-D 767 and managed to try it. I could see wheel effects in rain and wingtip vortices but no engine jet wash. I peeked in the aircraft.cfg and noticed it doesn't even have an effects entry (but perhaps it's not required). Is there something obvious that I am missing? I haven't yet tried it with a default aircraft.

I am running FSX in DX10, I converted all effects after PrecipitFX installation in DX10fixer.

Also, what new effects should I expect to see in AI? Wheel effects, jetwash as well or only contrails?

Thank you very much for any help.

Alex

Rui Laureano

Lisboa, Portugal

Hi Alex,

You can add the following at the end of the aircraft.cfg:

[EFFECTS]

Run the PrecipitFX Install Utility again and the effects should install on the aircraft.

Let me know if that worked for you!

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Thank you for you reply!

I was also following the other thread about the installer issues. I've installed the new version .4 and the effects are now showing in my Level-D 767 (and I really liked it).

But the effects don't seem to be showing in the sim for AI aircrat. I loaded a situation that works for the level-d 767 (miami, early morning, raining weather), but I dont see any spray effects while they taxi or take off...

I read here that having the AI aicraft outside of the simobjects/airplanes folder would make precipitFX unable to find them so I moved the JustFlight360 aicraft to the airplanes folder and I confirmed that they have the effects installed in their aircraft.cfg files.

Is there something I could check to make this work?

I am testing in DX9 and have the effects slide fully right.

Rui Laureano

Lisboa, Portugal

Thank you for you reply!

I was also following the other thread about the installer issues. I've installed the new version .4 and the effects are now showing in my Level-D 767 (and I really liked it).

But the effects don't seem to be showing in the sim for AI aircrat. I loaded a situation that works for the level-d 767 (miami, early morning, raining weather), but I dont see any spray effects while they taxi or take off...

I read here that having the AI aicraft outside of the simobjects/airplanes folder would make precipitFX unable to find them so I moved the JustFlight360 aicraft to the airplanes folder and I confirmed that they have the effects installed in their aircraft.cfg files.

Is there something I could check to make this work?

I am testing in DX9 and have the effects slide fully right.

Effects that are working on AI are the following:

• Contrails
  • Brake smoke

Water blasts and vortices aren't available on AI.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Ah, that explains it :). It's unfortunate, it would raise bad weather taxiing to a whole other level.

I can confirm brake smoke is working, contrails should be working too, so everything seems to be ok on my install. I am going to switch to DX10 next and test.

Thanks!

Rui Laureano

Lisboa, Portugal

Ah, that explains it :). It's unfortunate, it would raise bad weather taxiing to a whole other level.

I can confirm brake smoke is working, contrails should be working too, so everything seems to be ok on my install. I am going to switch to DX10 next and test.

Thanks!

We know it would be cool, but that's as far as we can go with a 15$ product ;)

The future might hold something very interesting.

Enjoy the product!

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42