Sign in to follow this  
jabloomf1230

Prepar3d V3 and My Traffic 6

I must get MT 6 working.....forgot.

A reminder at my age would be nice on how to.. :fool:  :smile:  

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I had forgotten MT too, thanks Jay. :smile:

I did a quick test and posted my first impressions. Nice move of Burkhard to permit use in the new P3D version.

- Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

No sure I followed how you did it that well, that's me not you :(

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

No sure I followed how you did it that well, that's me not you :sad:

Ok, here goes ...

First you need to add the AI aircraft to the sim. You do that by adding the path to the MT6 aircraft folder to P3D "simobjects.cfg", in the same way that the configurator does for P3D v2.

Example: My MT6 folder is "F:\MT6", so I add a new entry to "%programdata%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d v3\simobjects.cfg" pointing to the MT6 aircraft folder like this

[Entry.11]
Title=MyTraffic Vehicles
Path=F:\MT6\MyTraffic\Aircraft
Required=True
Active=True
It may not be [Entry.11] in your case, use the next available number in sequence.

For the scenery, I just use the in-sim scenery library manager to add "F:\MT6\MyTraffic".

The last step is to disable "[P3D3]\Scenery\World\scenery\trafficaircraft.bgl" by renaming it to "trafficaircraft.bgl.off" like the configurator does. This removes the stock Pacifica and Orbit etc. AI routes.

• Upvote 1

Thank you Penz will have a go later.

You're welcome Sir! :smile:

I posted the instructions in the MT P3D forum as well.

Thanks will give it a go

So far so good no problems

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

You're welcome guys.

I should mention that P3Dv3 will log a ton of Content Errors, and tell you about them (in a nice way!) when you exit the sim, unless you turn off error logging. They are nonfatal errors like duplicate sections in the AI aircraft CFG files, the odd missing effect or sound file etc.

P3Dv3 is really touchy with errors, you can't get away with anything.

OK all shorted and tested, thanks again Penz for getting it working

Test Flightbeam KSFO at a "heavy" gate with a Hard hitting fps view/direction.

No AI (98FPS)

10791d.jpg

AI set at 20% (AirlineDensity=20) Nothing else. (Really bad FPS hit 58 FPS)
2042f8.jpg

As above with AirTraffic Manager ON set at 75 aircraft ( 88 FPS)
353ca6.jpg

Top down view ( 80FPS )
4.jpg

I conclude with AirTrafficManager a hit of only around 11%, imo well worth it.

Great, good to hear it works for others as well, that will make Burkhard happy. :smile:

- JP

OK all shorted and tested, thanks again Penz for getting it working

Test Flightbeam KSFO at a "heavy" gate with a Hard hitting fps view/direction.

No AI (98FPS)

AI set at 20% (AirlineDensity=20) Nothing else. (Really bad FPS hit 58 FPS)

As above with AirTraffic Manager ON set at 75 aircraft ( 88 FPS)

Top down view ( 80FPS )

I conclude with AirTrafficManager a hit of only around 11%, imo well worth it.

How the heck do you get these FPS :wink:  ? i have around 25-40 fps in SLI GTX 970SC

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

My setting are the same as 2.5 see this topic, but have water set to middle now. v3 is on a new SSD with nothing else on it.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/468421-well-impressed-with-the-777-after-vas-test-ss-of-settings/?p=3236063

Yes it seems to run really well, got to add Global-Vector-ASN and PMDG 777-Ng to the mix.

AM works well for me in v3 also.

http://www.avsim.com/topic/475646-p3d-v3-fps-test-with-and-with-out-am/

I've not even taken off within v3 yet, just taking my time are running tests and installing what I can.

My PC Spec

i7 4790K @ 4.6GHz(Corair H100i), GTX 780 6GB, RAM 8Gb 2133, Asus Sabertooth MK2 Intel Z97, SSD 1TB FSX, SSD 250GB P3D v3, SSD 250GB W7.
Controls= Hotas Warthog+Saitek Cessna Pro flight Rudder Pedals.