Sign in to follow this  
jabloomf1230

Prepar3d V3 and My Traffic 6

This worked well for me.  But, I note that I'm not hearing the names of the AI airlines just the flight numbers from ATC.  I transferred over airlines.cfg as well as the ATC sound files from 2.5.

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

This worked well for me.  But, I note that I'm not hearing the names of the AI airlines just the flight numbers from ATC.  I transferred over airlines.cfg as well as the ATC sound files from 2.5.

That's a fine idea, why didn't I think of that?

Thanks Rick! :smile:

- JP

- Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

Let me know if you hear the airline names as well as the flight numbers.  I seem to be just hearing the numbers only.

Rick Abshier

My setting are the same as 2.5 see this topic, but have water set to middle now. v3 is on a new SSD with nothing else on it.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/468421-well-impressed-with-the-777-after-vas-test-ss-of-settings/?p=3236063

Yes it seems to run really well, got to add Global-Vector-ASN and PMDG 777-Ng to the mix.

AM works well for me in v3 also.

http://www.avsim.com/topic/475646-p3d-v3-fps-test-with-and-with-out-am/

I've not even taken off within v3 yet, just taking my time are running tests and installing what I can.

My PC Spec

i7 4790K @ 4.6GHz(Corair H100i), GTX 780 6GB, RAM 8Gb 2133, Asus Sabertooth MK2 Intel Z97, SSD 1TB FSX, SSD 250GB P3D v3, SSD 250GB W7.

Controls= Hotas Warthog+Saitek Cessna Pro flight Rudder Pedals.

Thanks just tried your settings including the AM=254 and i have 60 fps with traffic manager at 75 and 58 fps with no traffic (MT6) at same position and aircraft as you.

(also no SLI)

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Let me know if you hear the airline names as well as the flight numbers.  I seem to be just hearing the numbers only.

I hear, and see, names and numbers.

ATC3_zpskfnl9yiy.jpg

My ATC voices and "airlines.cfg" have been modified by a freeware voicepack editor, but that shouldn't really make any difference.

If you had names and numbers in v2, and copied the voices and "airlines.cfg" to v3, you should have names and numbers in v3 as well.

OK, thanks for the info.  I'll play with it a bit more - RIck

Rick Abshier

Thanks for the info on how to get it working Penz.

From EGFF to YSSY

I think I have managed to squash the annoying "Content Errors", it wasn't as bad as I feared it might be.

I'll post a patch pack tomorrow at the MT forums, now I'm going to sleep. :smile:

Thanks just tried your settings including the AM=254 and i have 60 fps with traffic manager at 75 and 58 fps with no traffic (MT6) at same position and aircraft as you.

(also no SLI)

Michael Moe

Glad it works for you Michael.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Glad it works for you Michael.

Seems like there still is a huge gap between your i7-4790K@4,6 and my I7-4770K@4,6GHZ.

None SLI  - we have almost identical cards (GTX780 vs GTX970) and still you have 88FPS where i can manage 60FPS.

Thats a 46% increase in FPS. 

Might need to upgrade my CPU/Motherboard/RAM some time in the future

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Yes I see your point Michael, but at least my setting helped to give you a good increase over what you had before, happy for you there.

Note that my GTX780 is the 6GB version, that might be helping in v3?

Did you turn water to 1/2 way not max like i use to have it.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Yes I see your point Michael, but at least my setting helped to give you a good increase over what you had before, happy for you there.

Note that my GTX780 is the 6GB version, that might be helping in v3?

Did you turn water to 1/2 way not max like i use to have it.

Yes thanks everything as you

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png