Sign in to follow this  
BonanzaDude

Mindstar GNS 430/530 Installation in Prepar3D v3

Hi Ed, is a v3 installer far off? I check back here every day but if it's not going to be available until after xmas I'll just make do for a while.

Kind Regards,

-Dan

Update on this: The installer is in the testing phase. While one might think this is the easy part... heh... screw things up here and people get really mad. LOL

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Have fun Ed!  :wink: Patiently waiting.

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

Hi Ed,

I sent a query to your customer support email just asking about WAAS implementation - I didn't receive a response... Are you guys still working on the WAAS implementation for your product - any status you can share ???

Thanks...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Well, is there something about WAAS you're asking about? WAAS approaches are already supported.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Hi Ed,

Oh - then my apologies - I looked at your website and somehow I got the impression that the WAAS functionality was still a work in progress... LOL - it's tough getting old... So these units will provide vertical guidance to autopilots on LPV approaches ??? If I recall correctly - RXP had to work some magic to do this - as the functionality wasn't part of native MSFS... I'm looking to transition to your products and I was hoping for similiar features...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

No... we don't have a hack into the core sim to drive the default glideslope variable. Trainer certification tends to not happen for software that takes that approach. One update to the core sim and the entire trainer is dead until we release a new gauge? No... not a good thing.

I believe we offer replacement gauges in our 430/530 panel.cfg files that support the vertical deviation signal from our 430/530 units. We also provide that variable for any other 3rd party that wants to support it... and I believe A2A is one company that supports it.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

They could be waiting for the P3D v3.1 release.

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

I realize wild speculation is a proud AVSIM tradition... however, it's not something that holds any value in a support forum.

I have provided information as it is available. There is no further information to provide at this time.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Hi Ed, I noticed the message that used to appear on your purchase page regarding v3 compatibility has been removed. Is it now compatible with 3 and 3.1 now?

Hi Ed

Thanks for the P3d V3 update - long awaited but much appreciated I assure you. 

(I assume in your latest message the 'not' was a typo for 'now' and not an Ed miss-direction!)

I have run the new installer which seemed to go Ok.

However when I come to reactivate the licence I get "run time error 76 path not found".

I haven't been using GNS 430 since uninstaling P3d V2 months ago. Should I be deactivating licence first or is there something else to do?

Thanks

Dean

UK P3DV5 and Xplane 11 Simmer
PilotEdge I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.