Sign in to follow this  
vgbaron

Prepar3D Version 3

I went to their site and completed a support request and they increased the number of allowed installations. They are working on an installer for v3.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I went to their site and completed a support request and they increased the number of allowed installations. They are working on an installer for v3.

Best regards,

Thank you jim.

If they don't have it by this weekend, I'm going to get the latest Migration Tool, it now supports P3D v3.  See how it goes.  

I also noticed that the navigraph gets loaded into the dll.xml, I'm not sure if I tried adding that entry into p3d v3's dll.xml file, or if it was already in there. 

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Carenavigraph</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <Path>.\Carenavigraph.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

You don't have any other aircraft in your hangar? The Phenom 300 is the only aircraft? I have the PMDG 737 and 777 and checking out those aircraft in v3. I'm really impressed with v3's Autogen and working the various settings to see what looks best in my sim. Version 3 is like a whole new flight simulator. The same as the releases of FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, and FSX. New sims with new coding and enhancements. A new product to explore.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

You don't have any other aircraft in your hangar? The Phenom 300 is the only aircraft? I have the PMDG 737 and 777 and checking out those aircraft in v3. I'm really impressed with v3's Autogen and working the various settings to see what looks best in my sim. Version 3 is like a whole new flight simulator. The same as the releases of FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, and FSX. New sims with new coding and enhancements. A new product to explore.

Best regards,

Sorry, nope. Just getting back into simming after years off. I have the twotter and a couple A2A GA's. Phenom 300 is my only jet for now, until i feel comfortable with the FMS and approaches, i'm pretty much there. Then I think I'll move on to the Airbus, and then the pmdg.

I obsess about learning an aircraft inside and out before moving on.

And, the phenom is a lot of fun to fly, getting too many OOM's in v2.5 though, driving me crazy, i can't complete a flight to learn the whole process from start to end.

LOL  I lost my Navigraph data.   I can't select airport, departure, approaching  etc...

I have a  Navigraph extension pack. But i can't select Navigraph data. 

Never problem at v2.5. 

How can i do?

Sorry for my bad english. 

Thank you. 

Add the entry below to your dll.xml located in the appdata folder (C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3 

and the Navigraph extension works !

<Launch.Addon>
  </Launch.Addon>

Add the entry below to your dll.xml located in the appdata folder (C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3

and the Navigraph extension works !

<Launch.Addon>

</Launch.Addon>

Wow! Thank you.

Wow! Thank you.

Yep. And if you install the newest FMS data, it will build the database like normal as well.  Of course i used the newest dev build of the migration tool that just came out, supports p3dv3 to install the navigraph data 

I created a Prepar3D v2 folder and dll.xml and fooled it into installing into that but as Jay says, the carenavigraph.dll stops P3D3 from starting. It works ok if you stop the carenavigraph.dll from loading so it is not compatible with P3D3.

It's not the Navigraph that causing it not to run. It's another .dll as I have Navigraph working fine. I can't recall the name of it right now.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

It's not the Navigraph that causing it not to run. It's another .dll as I have Navigraph working fine. I can't recall the name of it right now.

Yes, I found that out by reading more posts, it's 'CMeteoXml.dll' so I stopped it from loading in the DLL file and the plane works now. My main issue is now with performance. The FPS is ok but this aircraft causes major stutters and frame drops on my system. In comparison, the PMDG 737 and 777 have higher FPS and are silky smooth. My system is a 6700K Skylake OC to 4.6 and a Titan X 12Gb with P3D on an SSD. The settings in P3D v3 are set to achieve smooth results with the 777 (not extremely dense) which I thought was the most demanding aircraft I had - until now.

Core i7 8700K @ 5.0, 2080 Ti FE, 32Gb 3600 RAM, M.2 SSD, Valve Index. 

Yes, I found that out by reading more posts, it's 'CMeteoXml.dll' so I stopped it from loading in the DLL file and the plane works now. My main issue is now with performance. The FPS is ok but this aircraft causes major stutters and frame drops on my system. In comparison, the PMDG 737 and 777 have higher FPS and are silky smooth. My system is a 6700K Skylake OC to 4.6 and a Titan X 12Gb with P3D on an SSD. The settings in P3D v3 are set to achieve smooth results with the 777 (not extremely dense) which I thought was the most demanding aircraft I had - until now.

Welcome to the world of Carenado Glass cockpits they suck FPS like crazy. You can turn off just the middle screen in the Phenom 100 and gain about 20fps. I have no clue what they did to make these things suck fps so bad but all of their G1000 planes do it,TBM850,C182T,ect.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

There's a new installer available for download. It supports version 3. Installed without a glitch at all.

Keith (CanAmRyder) Sacramento, Ca USA

i7 13700k 3.4ghz MSI MPG Z790 Gaming Carbon Wifi Nvidia RTX 4080 FE 16gb CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 RAM 64GB DDR5 5600MHz Windows 11 Pro (23H2) Prepar3D v5.4.9.28482 / v6.1.11 LG 34" Ultrawide Curved / ASUS 32" Curved

I did get mine to install, but not without difficulty. I did not install P3DV3 in the normal Program Files X86 path. Instead, it is in C:\p3d_v3 , I created myself. I was always told to never install any FS in the x86 location. Anyway, that's where my P3DV3 is installed. 

When I installed the Phenom, I chose P3D V2 as the install method and it came up with my C:\p3d_v3 folder automatically. The install went without incident, however, when I tried to run P3D, it immediately showed the critical error message and crashed the app. I checked the Event Viewer under Applications, and it detailed the crash from P3D v3 module CMeteoXml.dll. I went to the p3d_v3 folder and simply moved the dll out of the folder temporarily. P3d ran normally then and so did the Phenom. I don't know what CMeteoXml.dll is for, but it doesn't seem to be needed, at least I haven't ran into any problems... yet.

After Googeling the dll, I found this:   This files most often belongs to product Carenado Meteo. . This files most often have description Flight Simulator X Module DLL. This file is Dynamic-link Library.

.So it is something that Carenado inserts, but V3 doesn't like it it much. I guess this will have to be a question to support. Anyway, delete it if your P3Dv3 crashes after install.

Core i9-10850K Gen10 - RTX3080 - 32G - HP Reverb G2 WMR

"Almost every developer no longer provides "official" support in forums anymore but all have gone to trouble tickets or e-mails. Too many pirates steal their products and then come here to get support when things go wrong. Now us members have to provide the support for them."

Best regards,
Jim

Actually Jim, F1 has it's own forums AND the Ticket System while Eaglesoft maintains its own product forums.

Neither F1 or Eaglesoft does product support at Avsim and we certainly don't rely on customers to do our support job for us.  :wink:

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

There's a new installer available for download. It supports version 3. Installed without a glitch at all.

Thanks for this info, I've downloaded the installer from my account menu and it's right, the installer offer the option to install to the P3D V3 version.

I don't understand why there is no info about it on the Carenado web site ?