Sign in to follow this  
twojastara

Poll - your first impressions of v3

Your first impressions on P3Dv3  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied with v3? Is it worth your money?

Hi,

It is a known fact, that there are 4 times more people who share their negative opinion than positive one. So you can get a very bad impression of something, from reading comments, which isn't that bad at all.

I have created a poll with a simple question to check out how many people are really satisfied with this new version.

Please, take a part in this poll only if you have bought P3Dv3.

I'm very curious of the outcome.

Thanks.

Lukasz Kulasek

i7-8700k, RTX 2080 TI, 32 GB RAM, ASUS TUF Z370-PRO Gaming, Oculus Rift CV1

I was sold the moment I tried swimming in run mode.

Eat your heart out Michael Phelps!

- Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

There should be an option like Undecided. So I didn't vote yet. Having two questions also doesn't work well with just a yes or no. Some people may be satisfied with v3 but also think it should have cost less. In short: the poll is too limited. ;)

I think it was implied that a requirement for v3 satisfaction would be happiness with the value per dollar. :wink:

- Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

A few others here at AVSIM have expressed the same feelings towards V3:  Too early to tell.  A lot of folks have picked up a lot of add-on content through the lifespan of P3D and with that, waiting for all of the official installers to come through so don't be surprised if your poll results take longer than expected.  Even for me personally, I couldn't give you an honest vote as I need to get a hold of a ton of updated installers, install them and then run P3D a few times in different situations to see if there are noticeable differences that would justify the purchase of V3.

-Jim 

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

There should be an option like Undecided. So I didn't vote yet. Having two questions also doesn't work well with just a yes or no. Some people may be satisfied with v3 but also think it should have cost less. In short: the poll is too limited. ;)

I think it was implied that a requirement for v3 satisfaction would be happiness with the value per dollar. :wink:

Exactly that is what I mean - a value for a dollar. I was thinking about "undecided" option, however, these are questions about your first impressions. When we have more compatible addons to install, we can do this poll again  :smile: .

Interesting results so far.

Lukasz Kulasek

There should be a 'watching from the sidelines', for those who want to see the poll results to help make their purchasing decision. :)

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

There should be a 'watching from the sidelines', for those who want to see the poll results to help make their purchasing decision. :)

^^^^^

This.

:lol:

So you can't see the results until you vote? As a guest user I can see them, so I thought this applies for everyone.

Anyway, for this moment its is 60 votes to YES and 10 votes to NO.

Lukasz Kulasek

87% like, excellent ... nothing wrong with a Yes or No ... world moves based on decisions not indecision ... vote when you eventually make the decision. :)

Cheers, Rob.

I haven't yet bought V3 but most definitely will. I'll wait until I can have at least some of my ORBX regions with proper installers and make sure that few other most important addons work as they should. It is also good to listen early adopter's opinions, so I'll gladly wait at least for a few weeks. Besides, I don't feel like spending hours for a fresh install ATM  :Tounge: 

So you can't see the results until you vote? As a guest user I can see them, so I thought this applies for everyone.

There is a "button" to pre-view results without voting.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator