Sign in to follow this  
ADamiani

737 NGX Panel problems in P3Dv3

Hi, just purchased P3Dv3 so I thought I'd install my favourite small liner. Downloaded the new NGX installer from my account, launched it, removed version 2.5, then installed v3. When I launched P3Dv3 and tried to fly the NGX I noticed that only the autopilot part of the panel was working, everything else was not responding to mouse clicks, and even the FMC was unresponsive. Exited P3D, installed simconnect as per the readme instructions (all three versions in the right order) then got back to the sim: no joy, it's not working, same panel problem.

I get the same SMOKESYSTEM error as many others, but I think it's got nothing to do with my problem,

Also, notice that I was not asked for my registration key, but that may be because the NGX was already installed on v2.5.

Of course, there is no addon installed: we are talking of plain P3Dv3. OS is Windows 7, and of course the NGX worked perfectly well with 2.5 (and now it seems I won't be able to reinstall that version)

Can you please help? 

Andrea Damiani

This is the same problem I have: I have installed P3D  V3 on a clean system (Win 7 64b), no previous P3D versions installed. There is no way I can initialise the panels (everything is dark, but the engines are running, start levers are ON and I can hear the engines sound). The only way I can make it work is by loading a default aircraft, launch the flight and once I am sitting at a stand/gate, I load the NGX via the Vehicles menu. In this way everything loads perfectly and from then on it works flawlessly. As the OP above I have correctly installed all the various Simconnect version and both P3D and the NGX have been "installed as administrator". I tried to uninstall and reinstall, but no change.

Any idea is more than welcome. 

Regards

Ezio Cingolani 

AMD Ryzen 7800x3d, Asus ROG Strix RTX4090, Asus x670e-e, G-Skill F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR

I have the same VC issue with 737.

Also 777 shows this problem, but only sporadically.

Edit: I have tried all these but no go:

1. Re-install the 3 simconnect versions

2. Run as Admin

3. Exclude P3D folder from active virus scans

regards

Sandeep Katoch

I suspect that PMDG is working on it. Inevitably with the major changes P3D made, there will be problems..

Peter Osborn

Same issue here.  Was not asked to re-enter licence/key information (I did uninstall the 2.5 version).  I can't click on many of the VC buttons, etc.

EDIT:  A reboot (after the SimConnect installs) seemed to improve things (most clickspots work). Windows 10.

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

So I finally found the solution for me.

If the sim is started with any other aircraft (default or other), and after load if I change the aircraft to 777 or 737, then the VC will not function properly.

So I must choose the 777/737 at the startup scenario screen or load saved flight at startup screen (with 777/737 as saved aircraft) to have VC working. Having any other aircraft loaded first will cause VC issues.

Hope this helps others.

I had these same issues but found I was able to deal with them OK. I deleted all simconnect entries/installations from my system and reinstalled Simconnect using the PMDG guidelines refrred to above, which then proceeded smoothly. After that things worked well. Hats-off to Robert and the team at PMDG for their anticipation and prompt response to our need for peace and continuity in our (simming) lives. I checked the PMDG error log and found the dual SMOKESCREEN entries issue which I dealt with simply by //-ing out one of the entries out. It hasn't returned, so far. At one point P3d would show a crash notification AFTER exiting the sim i.e. even though it had just appeared to shut down cleanly. But that disappeared too. 

I am finding v3 a stunning step foward and am discovering new things all the time. Having such easy control over lighting and colour is a great asset for example. I believe brilliant work has been done on this sim in important areas.     

The only thing that's bugging me, as I was trying to say in a thread that got closed straight afterwards, yesterday, is that as a commuinity we once again find ourselves looking for pinholes of light in a dark cave, wreslting with new installation and compatibility concerns. In this regard I found Ed's contribution very usefull indeed. It showed we need a clear layman's guide - for Academic users if you will - setting out LM's compatibility requirements and SDK issues. With some of the fine minds and generous spirits inhabiting these forums such a guide would be possible I feel. Otherwise we learn by trial and error and by osmosis neither of which are ideal as the past has proven. Is 'shambolic' the right word?

A case in point: yes I got the NGX running beautifully using the new PMGD installer. But it IS now inside the core folders under Simobjects. But should it actually be there?  Personally I don't care but I am very keen to play this straight down the middle as I can easily see the wisdom and brilliant thinking on LM's part to leave their core install pristine, ready to revieve updates, fixes etc. To say nothing of the huge benefits to us in the future with regard to scenery and add-ons, etc.  But there's the thing. We the unintiated would love to know please, if for example I can start using external SSDs on my system for planes and scenery etc., so that don't actually need to go ahead and order the 256Gb SSD for P3D v3 as I was about to do yesterdsay. 

No offense intended in coninuing to express my personal thoughts in a different thread.  I am right behind Avsim Admin's stance on all of this.   

Regards,

Gareth

Got the same problem in P3Dv3. This is a sequence of what's happened:

I uninstalled the NGX  and 600/700 expansion from v2.5 and installed them in v3. I wasn't prompted for a serial number

I started the sim with the default F-22, then went to an NGX. Some of the switches worked ( e.g. the landing light switch on the lower overhead panel ) but others didn't ( e.g. the other exterior light switches on the lower overhead panel ).

I then installed the various simconnects as instructed in the readme.  All the switches became clickable, but only if the NGX was the aircraft selected at startup. Having started with an NGX, I then tried going to other NGX models ( 600, 700, 800, 900 and P-8 ) - sometimes the switches were working, sometimes they weren't.

I'm also sometimes getting CTDs when changing NGX models while in the sim. Can't establish a pattern for that yet, but it might have a bearing.

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

Further experimentation:

I uninstalled the NGX and Expansion, using control panel.

I deleted everything PMDG-ish that I could find, including everything found in AppData. Also deleted the Operations Centre, checked the registry for anything PMDG. Ran CCleaner's registry cleaner.

I then reran all the simconnect.msi files as instructed in the readme

Reinstalled the NGX base pack.

Result ? No change - the only way to have all the switches clickable is to select the NGX at the start-up screen. If you start with any other aircraft, and then select the NGX once in the sim, you have the problem again.

As to the CTDs when going from one NGX model to another, this can be alleviated by going from the first NGX to a default aircraft ( e.g. the F-22 or Maule ) and then to the desired NGX. However the button functionality doesn't survive this move. If you had all the switches working in the first NGX variant, they stop working when you get to the second one.

I wonder if this problem is specific to those people , like myself, who had the NGX in P3Dv2.5 and are now running it in V3. If the NGX is installed for the first time  straight into v3, is there still a problem ?, I wonder. Its curious that I wasn't asked to re-register the product at any time, even though I cleaned out everything from the registry before reinstalling

Its curious that I wasn't asked to re-register the product at any time, even though I cleaned out everything from the registry before reinstalling

This is expected (at least on our end). Same thing happened with the FSX to FSX:SE migration for users that had the FSX version prior to FSX:SE.

Kyle Rodgers

You appeared to haver done all the right things Paul. In my case I re-formatted my dedicated P3d SSD (v2.4) and started from scratch. v3 installed successfully and I soon turned to the NGX, delighted to find they had an installer ready within hours almost.  But I could see no sign of the NGX as having installed in the Sim. Then came a failed install of Simconnect using the PMDG suggestions. I saw then there were conflicts (the install even reporting an older version that required uninstalling). So at this point I uninstalled the NGX, surgically removed all Simconnects (at least 2) from my system, reran the PMDG Simconnect routine, and NGX installed and ran fine. Btw I don't use FSX or the Steam version. To me the steam went out of FSX when I saw where P3d was going.  

I hope you get up and running soon.

Gareth

This is expected (at least on our end). Same thing happened with the FSX to FSX:SE migration for users that had the FSX version prior to FSX:SE.

Thanks for that, Kyle. I wanted to be certain that it wasn't an issue or the cause of other problems.  :smile:

Then came a failed install of Simconnect using the PMDG suggestions. I saw then there were conflicts (the install even reporting an older version that required uninstalling). So at this point I uninstalled the NGX, surgically removed all Simconnects (at least 2) from my system, reran the PMDG Simconnect routine, and NGX installed and ran fine

Hi Gareth,

Is Simconnect relevant only to FSX and P3D, or is it required by other games ? What I mean is - can I remove it as you did, without causing adverse effects elsewhere ? And may I ask what sequence you followed - e.g.

Uninstall NGX

Uninstall Simconnects

Reinstall Simconnects,

Reinstall NGX

Or did you reinstall NGX before installing simconnect ?

:smile:

Hi Paul,

My understanding is that Simconnect is a programing tool relevant to Microsoft ESP, the flight simulation training software at the heart of FSX and probably moreso P3d. But I don't know if it used in other Gaming Platforms. I would doubt it somehow. 

Good question re. the order of things. On reflection I probably ran the Simconnect installs last. The reason I say that is I recall I was anticipating an Activation screen and when it didn't happen on the second install I remebered the PMDG dialogue that said 'in that case' install Simconnect, as per their instructions.

Hope that helps, but I can't believe doing it before or after the NGX install would make any difference to the end result. As always, I'm prepared to be corrected on that. 

Best

Gareth

Hi all! Where i can give simconnect?

It connects automatically with certain add ons which depend on it (like e.g. ASN).

Because FSX, FSX:SE (and its patches) and P3Dv1v2v3 use different/newer "versions" add on developers have to provide/use the appropriate versions.

Under certain conditions conflicting simconnect versions/constellations cause communication problems between the add on and the sim itself...