Sign in to follow this  
ADamiani

737 NGX Panel problems in P3Dv3

I posted my SimConnect.xml in an attempt to help you, but the post was deleted because I signed it with my name only (my second name is both in my account and in two other posts in the same thread). Strict rules can produce funny side effects sometimes, but anyway.

Now, I would be glad to repost it, only this time I want to make sure I am allowed to do that: I don't want to find out that I am infringing some other rule. So the question is: am I allowed to post my SimConnect.xml here? On the other hand, maybe that's not the solution (worked for me but who knows) and you are supposed to do something else, after all I am not the expert here, just trying to help.

Andrea Damiani

Rome - Italy -EU

Planet Earth - Sol system

ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha

Simconnect is essential if  you are running a networked set-up where for example weather programs like ASN, etc. are running on the client.

Had exactly the same issue as the OP.

Fresh P3D V3. Updated NGX installer and fresh install. Half mouse click-spots weren't working.

I reinstalled the NGX, reinstalled the Sim-connects (as advised in the read-me file) and started loading the NGX from the launch screen instead of in-sim. The mouse click-spots issue is fixed, another appeared:

Upon launching the sim, the NGX loads (20 sec) but when ready the screens and CDU in the VC remain black. If I click on any of the screens a popup appears with the proper information displayed, click back and the screen is black again. By chance figured that if I cycle the views - outside, inside, the screens appear normal.

Yes, I know it's not big deal, yet a bit annoying. Any idea how to fix that?

Regards,

Martin Martinov / VATSIM 1207931

I have the same problem as the OP - but in my case it seems that the new ASN is causing the cockpit panel problem. Start V3 without ASN and everything works. Start ASN and I lose a lot of 'clickability' in the VC. Obviously a simconnect problem somewhere?

Reading through the manual PMDG 737NGX Introduction, the section starting on page 34, entitled 'Known P3D-isms to Avoid' , it clearly states that the NGX should be loaded as the first aircraft, rather than loading the default aircraft ( F-22 ) and then changing to the NGX.

It also states, in the next paragraph - quote -

One shortcoming of all PMDG products is that our products do not like to be “reloaded” on top of themselves. This means that if you have one livery or variant of the airplane selected and running within the simulation world (say, a 737-900) and you wish to change liveries to a different 737, you will need to shut down the simulator and then select the new variant or livery you wish to switch to from scratch. If you load a 737 livery or variant on top of itself you will see strange issues in the cockpit, P3D may CTD or otherwise crash, etc.

This resolves both of my queries, and I do apologise for not looking all this up earlier.

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

So I need to install SimConnect? Where is this located? I have the same problem as the OP. The aircraft loads fine, but the FMC is unresponsive. I also wasn't asked to enter a license number.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

So I need to install SimConnect? Where is this located? I have the same problem as the OP. The aircraft loads fine, but the FMC is unresponsive. I also wasn't asked to enter a license number.

Not being asked for the license key is normal. Unless you removed the license somehow, it's independent of the sim install...

As far as the rest, there's a readme file in the zip file you downloaded from our site that explains this.

Kyle Rodgers

I can see that README file now, although the folder that it directs me to with respect to SimConnect is not correct....

It states "<P3D root folder>\redist\FSX-RTM\lib"

I have "<P3D root folder>\redist\interface\FSX-RTM\retail\lib"

I assume that this is the correct SimConnect to run?

EDIT - OK, the FMC appears to be working now, so I will conduct some tests.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I have the same problem as the OP - but in my case it seems that the new ASN is causing the cockpit panel problem. Start V3 without ASN and everything works. Start ASN and I lose a lot of 'clickability' in the VC. Obviously a simconnect problem somewhere?

I don't have ASN on & I am having clicking issues in PMDG only..  

Capt. Bill Brewer    

:p0503: 

I have the same VC issue with 737.

Also 777 shows this problem, but only sporadically.

Edit: I have tried all these but no go:

1. Re-install the 3 simconnect versions

2. Run as Admin

3. Exclude P3D folder from active virus scans

regards

Sandeep Katoch

Same here tonite with my Win10- PMDG NGX for P3dv3...All WAS A-OK....until it wasn't...

..MCP ALT,HDG,LVL CHG,AUTOTHROTTLE, Gear, flaps, speed brake, trim, ALL WORK,

EFIS control panel zoom, Works, but no lower buttons (wxr,sta,aprt, data, wpt, etc)

controls, all work auto pilot via MCP, and hand flew , and then touch and goes with no problem.

Did repair-no difference.

Rest of the VC, FMC, and pedestal except for Parking Brake, and TCAS UNRESPONSIVE...buttons and knobs and switches are dead

-interestingly the landing lights work, but nothing else in the overhead does.

This after installing Navigraph AIRAC1511... Not saying cause and effect, but it was a curious coincidence.

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

Did repair-no difference.

Repairs, uninstalls, and reinstalls rarely ever fix issues because the issues aren't usually with the install - they're with the procedures used.

See common errors here:

http://support.precisionmanuals.com/kb/a112/important-and-nearly-foolproof-steps-to-running-your-pmdg-product-in-prepar3d-v3.aspx

Kyle Rodgers

Thank yew sir!!! Loading NGX from scenario screen WORKED!....we are all used to loading up the trike first and then the NGX…

On my way from PHNL to KSFO...and its beautimous!

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

Thank yew sir!!! Loading NGX from scenario screen WORKED!....we are all used to loading up the trike first and then the NGX…

On my way from PHNL to KSFO...and its beautimous!

Glad to hear it! Great use of beautimous, as well - haha.

Kyle Rodgers