Sign in to follow this  
doublem

S550 Citation II and P3D v3

In the process of moving to P3D v3.

Is the Citation II S550 working in P3D ? Or can we expect an update of this plane for P3D v3?

According to this guy if the installer places any files in the P3D V3 folder, then it is incompatible. http://www.avsim.com/topic/475614-prepar3d-v3x-compatibility/

Based on that you may find many things that will 'work' but are not 'compatible.' Thus unless you want to have issues further down the road I would wait until Carenado announces they are compliant with LM's requirements for P3Dv3. 

Personally, I'm going to wait until this is sorted out until even thinking about P3D v3.

Answer from Carenado Support to my ticket:

Carenado Support, Oct 4, 20:25:

Greetings,

We're making several tests to make our products P3D v3 compatible, but we don't have a date yet.

Regards

Carenado Support

Very sad.Life punishes those who delay...

I actually got 100% of the S550 to work. I have NEVER had better Framerates than in P3D V3 - and I just left FSX for P3D. Now I finally can use the S550... a great jet with lots of fun attached to it. Only thing that doesn't work is the FMC - or to be more precise: the building of the database (I am using Navigraph's current AIRAC Cycle). It stops at 0%. The A/C works fine...if you need no modern navigation aids. Maybe someone reads this and as a workaround for this issue.

Of course I agree: it's more hassle free when you wait for the official release of a new installer for P3D v3.

Cheers,

Peter

I could not get it into v3 even when changing the install path to my v3 folder.

But I could get it into v2, then just copy the files over (including the C2 files in the root gauges folder)

If you happen to have the GTN 750, Bert did a sweet mod for that.  Otherwise, no navigraph data.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

But I could get it into v2, then just copy the files over (including the C2 files in the root gauges folder)

I actually got 100% of the S550 to work.

I copied the folders/files listed below from my v2.5 installation and now after i have reinstalled the computer with Win10 I do not get it to work...

See image and logfile below

Folder: P3D\SimObjects\Airplanes\Carenado S550_Citation II (185 Files, 11 Folders, 912 MB)

Files to P3D\gauges:
2015-01-14  18:30            20 420 C2CAR.CAB
2010-12-21  03:09            37 888 C2_Cabin_alt.gau
2015-01-08  19:47           284 160 CarSound_C2.dll
2015-01-20  15:54           485 664 FMCC2.CAB
2015-02-18  19:07         1 266 900 GAUGEC2.CAB
2015-02-17  16:53           381 245 GAUGEC2AP.CAB
2015-02-17  16:53           117 803 GAUGEC2EADI.CAB
2015-01-14  18:29           140 813 GAUGEC2EFI.CAB
2015-02-17  16:53           132 858 GAUGEC2EHSI.CAB
2015-01-14  19:47           174 579 MFD640_C550.CAB
2015-01-14  14:42            56 832 S550_CE550.dll

Resulting vc

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4wygo6vbi5v7yqj/Broken_CII.PNG?dl=0

and a lot of errors in "ContentErrorLog.txt"

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zp7i5ryho5gvye7/ContentErrorLog.txt?dl=0

Any qlues?

ryanbatcund and BoeingNut76, are there any more files I must copy?

I installed it in P3D v3 and it appears to be working except one thing. The installer gave me an error finding dll.xml because it was looking in the v2 folders which don't exist. What exactly does the installer want to put in the dll.xml? If somebody solved this problem it would be super nice if he can copy/paste here the lines that go there.

I actually got 100% of the S550 to work. I have NEVER had better Framerates than in P3D V3 - and I just left FSX for P3D. Now I finally can use the S550... a great jet with lots of fun attached to it. Only thing that doesn't work is the FMC - or to be more precise: the building of the database (I am using Navigraph's current AIRAC Cycle). It stops at 0%. The A/C works fine...if you need no modern navigation aids. Maybe someone reads this and as a workaround for this issue.

Of course I agree: it's more hassle free when you wait for the official release of a new installer for P3D v3.

Cheers,

Peter

What did you do about dll.xml? Did you manually copy the lines from v2 dll.xml?

According to this guy if the installer places any files in the P3D V3 folder, then it is incompatible. http://www.avsim.com...-compatibility/

Wow, that must make the PMDG NGX  incompatible then, what were PMDG thinking when they ignored that pearl of wisdom.

For others searching for a method to install, this aircraft does function in P3D v3, per Carenado:

https://carenado.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/222432347-Which-planes-are-ready-for-P3Dv3-

I interpreted this to mean that the installer works, but you need to point it to the P3D v3 folder. Not so sure about that.

I think the better solution is to use this method, as shown in this video for the Hawker 850 XP:

I used the migrator tool to get this to work in V3. The plane and systems function normal however on engine shut down the oil pressure gauge stays up like the engines are still running and when viewed from the outside the engine's will slow down but never come to a rest.