Sign in to follow this  
davenicoll

USB device problems

Hi,

I have just gone from Windows 7 to Windows 10...

Now when I start flying in Prepar3d v3 after about 5 mins all my USB devices freeze...including the mouse so the only way to get it back is to press the power button on the PC which means a complete restart and then they are all back working.

I have disabled the device stop working to save power and also disabled the power saving option for USB in device manager...

Bit of a loss now...Please can any help ??

Dave 

+1

Done the same with power settings but keeps losing power to my saitek pro - the led lights go of and buttons stop working - but axis work - very strange

Using win10 with p3d v3 - will probably go back to W7 if nothing can be done. Reinstall reinstall - tweak this tweak that surely ms can get it right after so many years at it

Denis B

I've been having a similar problem with Windows 7.  I think it is a Prepared 3.0 issue....

Steve Giblin

This is interesting.  This is for windows 7.  Might be a corrupt USB driver issue 

It might be that the USB drivers would have gone corrupt. I would suggest you to uninstall the drivers from the device manager and let windows reinstall it when the system starts up. Follow the steps mentioned below.
As all the hardware devices have drivers associated similarly USB devices also have it. Sometimes proper drivers do not get detected after the initial installation so reinstallation of the drivers helps resolve the issues.

You may check after uninstalling and reinstalling the USB drivers if you are able to connect. You may disconnect all USB devices and then perform the following steps:

a)      Click Start, and then click Control Panel.

B)      Click System and Maintenance; click System, and then click Device Manager.

c)      Note If Control Panel is in Classic View, double-click System, and then click Device Manager.

d)     If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow.

e)      In Device Manager, double click to expand "Universal Serial Bus controllers", right click on the Host Controller, click "Uninstall" and click "OK".
Check if at all there is an exclamation mark along the driver, it suggests issues with the driver installed.

f)       Repeat the step 2 to uninstall all items under "Universal Serial Bus controllers".

Then, restart your computer and Windows 7 will reinstall all USB controllers automatically.

Sorry, which type of controller(s) are you using?

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I have PFC yoke and throttle console and Saitek combat rudder pedals.

Steve Giblin

After I installed P3Dv3 in my Windows 7, my Saitek Yoke kept loosing power time to time during the flight. After I reconnected the Yoke directly to PC instead of via usb extention cable, then I did not see the problem anymore. I did not verify what the cause was, though...  

After I installed P3Dv3 in my Windows 7, my Saitek Yoke kept loosing power time to time during the flight. After I reconnected the Yoke directly to PC instead of via usb extention cable, then I did not see the problem anymore. I did not verify what the cause was, though...  

Yeah, that was it.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.