Sign in to follow this  
phoenixphire

The New Avatar Mode in P3Dv3 is so Cool!

The new Avatar is a great new feature for a walk around but he can do some amazing things. He can fall from 30,000 feet and get right back up on his feet! :vava: He can also walk right into a running propeller with out incident.  :Whew:

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Here is an interesting question, can the avatar be used in multiplayer where there would be many of the same?

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Here is an interesting question, can the avatar be used in multiplayer where there would be many of the same?

I can't answer your question directly. I just started using the so I have no idea. Hopefully someone else can chime in.

Mike Keigley

I tried to do a walk-around of a PMDG 777 and he hits an invisible wall when he gets too close.

That's brilliant,   Can you really get them.  Have to say love the Avatar,  Seen a video earlier on today and the little fella was swimming aground  :smile:

I tried to do a walk-around of a PMDG 777 and he hits an invisible wall when he gets too close.

I admit that is frustrating. I wonder if that is a limitation that can be over come. I spent time just wandering the airport grounds at KSFO and spotting. I hope that the avatar can eventually walk under the aircraft. I also want to test to see if the avatar works in reply mode. I would love to watch my landings from a spotters perspective. 

Mike Keigley

I admit that is frustrating. I wonder if that is a limitation that can be over come. I spent time just wandering the airport grounds at KSFO and spotting. I hope that the avatar can eventually walk under the aircraft. I also want to test to see if the avatar works in reply mode. I would love to watch my landings from a spotters perspective. 

Have you tried it with another plane? I think PMDG may have some invisible box or something around their aircraft. I might go check with the Q400 its the only other addon installed at this point.

I tend not to use replay as it never really works right on complex aircraft.. sadly.

when I do ctrl shift E  I get to the Avatar..but the whole screen is shaking like crazy

BTW how do I move around?

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Manny once you are in avatar mode you can right click the screen and see a few different view options. One of the first person views has the serious shakes. The others don't. Can't remember what they are called.

Chris

Manny once you are in avatar mode you can right click the screen and see a few different view options. One of the first person views has the serious shakes. The others don't. Can't remember what they are called.

Thank you.. I'll check that out

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Have you tried it with another plane? I think PMDG may have some invisible box or something around their aircraft. I might go check with the Q400 its the only other addon installed at this point.

I tend not to use replay as it never really works right on complex aircraft.. sadly.

I have tried it with other P3D aircraft and the invisible box is still there. I am just installing the PMDG aircraft and I will try them. 

Mike Keigley

I was reading through the Learning Centre, and found this. It doesn't directly answer your question, but there's hope.

"Avatar attachment and detachment is also available in multiplayer. Avatars will only be able to attach to other objects if the host allows the sharing of vehicles. In order to attach to another player's vehicle, that person must also allow sharing as well as avatar attachment. The attachment of non-player vehicles is currently disabled in multiplayer"

Cheers, Craig