Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

V3 Developer updated software thread

Good stuff Tim. I always just re download software again from vendor instead of updating.

@Simmer2050, 

Also, we built an automatic check for updates and download protocol within the REX application.

That's how I updated - ran TD and it auto-updated to latest and greatest. Easiest way that I know of.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Yep that's what I did too and it took all of about 15 seconds, no drips, no runs, no errors. Make sure you import your backed up theme data immediately afterwards so you don't lose your themes! Good show REX and thanks!

Hope I'm not hijacking this thread and maybe someone has mentioned it earlier in this thread, but Air Daily X is keeping a spreadsheet on what works, what doesn't and what's supposed to work in beta, etc.  They break the spreadsheet down by separate pages for aircraft, scenery and utilities.  If something's working, they provide a link to the source from the developer that says so.

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

Hope I'm not hijacking this thread and maybe someone has mentioned it earlier in this thread, but Air Daily X is keeping a spreadsheet on what works, what doesn't and what's supposed to work in beta, etc.  They break the spreadsheet down by separate pages for aircraft, scenery and utilities.  If something's working, they provide a link to the source from the developer that says so.

Spread sheet is posted here in this thread some pages back - well aware of it - thanks

Rich Sennett

Spread sheet is posted here in this thread some pages back

Very good Rich.   If you hit the Mark Solved button wouldn't that keep it at the top of the first page or would it lose some of its functionality (moving page up and down)   Just curious really 

thanks for the feedback all. This suggests its official BEST WAY TO UPDATE REX IS FROM THE TOOL ITSELF, and not directly from Rex website, unless you really uptodate on details of updates.

Was never gona install p3d without rex, now set to go, WIHTOUT FEAR

cheers

Very good Rich.   If you hit the Mark Solved button wouldn't that keep it at the top of the first page or would it lose some of its functionality (moving page up and down)   Just curious really 

Not sure we want that showing up every time someone checks in - I think I will not do this - not a fan of longer load times

Rich Sennett

This is a mind boggling thread. Thanks everyone for the info.

I'm getting really confused though as a brand new P3D user (v3).  A lot of this is about updating from p3d v2.5 to v3.  What about going from FSX to v3?  It seems that's a minefield, as some devs allow it, while others require repurchasing.

Can anyone tell me if UTX & GEX are upgradable from FSX?  Even from the Flight1 forums, I find that hard to understand.

Thanks

Cool   :smile:

Downloading Rex_Texture now, very happy 

Dougal -  the Gex P3D product (GEP3D) is a completely new world product/purchase specifically designed for P3D.

The UTX versions (USA & Europe) are updated new versions and require a new (discounted) purchase for EITHER FSX or P3D.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

This is a mind boggling thread. Thanks everyone for the info.

I'm getting really confused though as a brand new P3D user (v3).  A lot of this is about updating from p3d v2.5 to v3.  What about going from FSX to v3?  It seems that's a minefield, as some devs allow it, while others require repurchasing.

Can anyone tell me if UTX & GEX are upgradable from FSX?  Even from the Flight1 forums, I find that hard to understand.

Thanks

Not difficult. Latest UTX versions install into all sim versions.

GEX separate purchase.