Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

V3 Developer updated software thread

Not difficult.

I'm glad you think so.  I have 133 (that's one hundred & thirty three) payware addons for FSX. Trying work out what can, and what can't be used in P3D IS most definately difficult;-))))

Dougal -  the Gex P3D product (GEP3D) is a completely new world product/purchase specifically designed for P3D.

The UTX versions (USA & Europe) are updated new versions and require a new (discounted) purchase for EITHER FSX or P3D.

Vic

Thanks Vic. Not the news i want to hear;-) but nice and clear.

at least it's a 50% discount  for the V2 versions, not a measly 10% or whatever.  Canada is also a V2 and should install into P3D as well, though not absolutely sure v3 - though you can just change path.

If GEX P3D is a bit pricey, there's always FScene4X which should install textures all over the world and goes into P3D too, not so specific for UTX landclass etc, but was a welcome upgrade from stock textures and much cheaper . . .

Orbx have released P3D V3 installer for Pacific Fjords

From EGFF to YSSY

I'm glad you think so.  I have 133 (that's one hundred & thirty three) payware addons for FSX. Trying work out what can, and what can't be used in P3D IS most definately difficult;-))))

Thanks Vic. Not the news i want to hear;-) but nice and clear.

I don't `think` so. I go by the developers guidance and the selling website information. If it doesn't SAY P3D V3 then it isn't.

That probably rules out 123 of your addons, right there. 

Simple  :hi:

Let's not get into the "if it doesn't specifically state in triplicate with a gold seal then it can't be used in P3D" nonsense. A handful of FSX addons are not permitted to be used in P3D. The rest can (and indeed will) be installed by the customer.

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Let's not get into the "if it doesn't specifically state in triplicate with a gold seal then it can't be used in P3D" nonsense. A handful of FSX addons are not permitted to be used in P3D. The rest can (and indeed will) be used by the paying public.

I agree, but if you have just stepped into this V3 circus, then reading the threads here is extremely confusing - which I think is the position that Dougal is in.

There are strong messages to say you CAN use V2 addons in V3. There are strong messages to say why you SHOULDN'T use V2 addons in V3.  There are strong messages to say if you follow the first option that you'll be in a world of trouble very soon and there are, of course, the counter arguments to that.  There are long threads (like this one) which are about V3 updated addons  - but it is 24 pages long and you have to pick the bones out of it to find what you are looking for. Not to mention the convoluted mess of having to install half of the V2 items into V3.   It is extremely messy at this point because there are so many potential options.

I'm being conservative for now and taking the V3 installer approach myself.

Putting 133 addons into v3 without KNOWING they will work is not just asking for trouble, it's GUARANTEEING it.

But it's comforting for Dougal to know Christopher will be around to bail him out when he screws everything up. Because I won't, and I doubt Erich will either. 

If you don't take the `be conservative` advice, don't expect help from those who advocate it when you don't.

Particularly if self-confessed, `non-expert`. 

You may recall my not-so-near neighbour who I assisted with a v3 Prof install. He stuffed stuff into his sim despite my best advice. Saw him at the Club briefly at the weekend. Hasn't had a working sim since Day Three after installation. 

Not my problem.  

Lesson learned.

V3 MUST be treated as a whole new sim, it's the similarities that are causing most of the problems, NOT the differences.

I wasn't suggesting that he install all 133 addons at the same time, and then check if they work properly. Installing one at a time and then conducting tests would seem to be the obvious thing to do.

To be fair, my (somewhat cynical) response was because I was under the impression that you were suggesting that he shouldn't install the vast majority of those addons because he didn't have any legal right to do so, because they don't specifically state "P3D v3" compatibility. I completely understand the conservative approach to installing them.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Putting 133 addons into v3 without KNOWING they will work is not just asking for trouble, it's GUARANTEEING it.

But it's comforting for Dougal to know Christopher will be around to bail him out when he screws everything up. Because I won't, and I doubt Erich will either. 

If you don't take the `be conservative` advice, don't expect help from those who advocate it when you don't.

Particularly if self-confessed, `non-expert`. 

You may recall my not-so-near neighbour who I assisted with a v3 Prof install. He stuffed stuff into his sim despite my best advice. Saw him at the Club briefly at the weekend. Hasn't had a working sim since Day Three after installation. 

Not my problem.  

Lesson learned.

V3 MUST be treated as a whole new sim, it's the similarities that are causing most of the problems, NOT the differences.

Oh for goodness sake what is your problem?  I said nothing whatsoever about putting them all into v3. I'm simply trying establish some sense out of it all. If you've nothing productive to add then why bother?

• Upvote 1

I think we all need a cup of tea. It solves most issues.  :friends:

I'm still trying to get my controllers to play nicely with FSUIPC.

for those who are interested, probably most reading, Pacific Fjords now with P3D installer - as per the spreadsheet and Orbx forum.

for the armchair lawyers and trolls - it's "legal"   :Tounge:

(The title of this thread is "V3 developer updated . . ."  can't we keep it to that?)

Yes downloading FTX England now,   all coming together nicely now 

Orbx really pumping them out much faster than for any other earlier versions of P3D in a short amount of time - well done Orbx

Thanks Elaine 

Rich Sennett

Orbx Australia sP4 P3Dv3 installers updated

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.