Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

V3 Developer updated software thread

Looking forward to Alaska

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

Really annoyed at the lack of communication from Taxi2Gate. Have all their sceneries and VHHH on review right now. Trying to contact them via email but it's been a week or so and still no reply.

Anyone heard anything about P3Dv3 from them?

Aamir Thacker

Orbx really pumping them out much faster than for any other earlier versions of P3D in a short amount of time - well done Orbx

Thanks Elaine 

Only the variants that require a new installer alone. They still need to modify the objectflow .dlls and that just isn't as easy.

I am waiting patiently for NZ SI and NI. I just bought OpenLC EU and may give that a spin in the meantime.

Anyone have the SibWings AN-2 working in V3?

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Anyone have the SibWings AN-2 working in V3?

Yes, installed in V2 and through .cfg file loaded in V3

Cheers!

Maarten

Only the variants that require a new installer alone. They still need to modify the objectflow .dlls and that just isn't as easy.

Thanks did not know that

Rich Sennett

According to JV, the guy who is mantaining the objectflow dll has done its homework, which is usually the most critical task. The library itself should be ready now to be used by the airport designers.

Kind regards Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

I'm not sure if these notices are what people are looking for in this thread, but all are perfectly 'legal' installations, so here goes anyway :-

• Installed 5 UK2000 airports into P3Dv3 yesterday - all working perfectly (and a lot less shimmering than they had in FSX,). Sparse Grid AA works wonderfully in P3Dv3.

• Also have Ant's Airplanes P92 Eaglet and Tecnam Sierra installed and working great in P3Dv3. (Just avoid using the RXP Sierra models of course).

• Finally, Alabeo P38 Tomahawk and PiperSport also installed and working perfectly in P3Dv3.

My personal approach for installation into P3Dv3 isn't as black and white as either "install nothing unless it has a dedicated V3 installer!", or "Just try everything!".   My first step is obviously to install the addons I have where dedicated V3 installers have been released. (Such as for 2 Orbyx regions I own). 

My next stage for other addons is, Is it legal to install? ... that's the first basis.  I won't install anything that breaks a licence. Not interested in that. If it's legal, I'll consider what it consists of; eg if it has RXP stuff etc, I'll pass.  If it has other complex references and gauges then I may also pass too.  If it's relatively straightforward (like the Alabeo Tomahawk or UK2000 scenery, etc), I'll give it a go, and load V3 and test it. If it works great, that's good.   If it's quirky or only part-functional I'll remove it and wait for developer support.

With this approach so far I've gotten around 12 add-ons installed so far - all working flawlessly, and I have to say P3Dv3 is just wonderful!

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

It's worth noting here that Gary Summons is currently adding updated P3D installers (including v3) for all of his Xtreme Airport range.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

It's worth noting here that Gary Summons is currently adding updated P3D installers (including v3) for all of his Xtreme Airport range.

Great to know, thanks Christopher.  When these are released I'll remove my installations and go with his proper V3 installers.  Love Gary's airports; great quality for the price.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

FTX NA PFJ Pacific Fjords new installer ready

FTX Australia and England New installers

Grab from your Flightsim store account

Rich Sennett

The Carenado F406 Caravan II released yesterday has an option to install in v3.

The Carenado F406 Caravan II released yesterday has an option to install in v3.

Looks nice - how does it compare to the alabeo 404 which is excellent

Rich Sennett

I think it's better than the Titan and I also thought the Titan was great. The autopilot is much more advanced than either the Titan or the Navajo and the Aspen EFD1000 is actually pretty impressive. GTN integration works great without losing critical avionics (we had to give up the DME in the Titan for the GTN). It has an OAT which the Titan was missing. TAS at 20,000'+ is about 240 kts so about 30-40 kts faster. Climb performance is nearly "Turbine Duke-like", lol. Service ceiling is 30,000'. It has a Citation style horizontal stab mounted halfway up the vertical stab which makes it look a little sexier than the Titan. I took a few pics, I'll put some up in the screenshot forum after a bit.