Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

V3 Developer updated software thread

Dougal, hope you are getting a response from FSS. 

The problem appears to be that your FSS account is holding the old/wrong link.   OrbXFTXAUBlueSP3 may be what you originally bought? - but it is no longer available - because OrbX/FSS upgraded all the part Australia purchases to the full Australia some time ago.  And that is why what you are looking for is not found on any server.  It is indeed not there any more. The current Australia file we are all getting is OrbxFTXAUSP4003.zip if it helps.  I would tell FSS you still have that old link on your account and they should sort it . . .

Thanks for that. Thought I was going nuts as I seemed to be the only person with this issue.  I 'think' I've managed to fire off an online email form yesterday, but guess I'll have to wait until after the weekend now.

Anyone know if Spad-Next works with P3Dv3?

SPAD Next works with P3Dv3, I use it (mostly in a networked environment).

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Does the VRS Superbug work in v3?

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Does the VRS Superbug work in v3?

No. And VRS is waiting until at least P3d 3.1, which could be a while since LM only started to refer to 3.1 a few days ago and there isn't even a closed beta of it yet. Adam Breed did say that LM is working on 3.1 internally.

Thanks

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

SPAD Next works with P3Dv3, I use it (mostly in a networked environment).

Kind regards, Michael

Thanks Michael. I had no idea that Spad had gone 'payware'. Some of the customer reviews are very scathing. Does seem expensive for a driver. How do you find it?

As others have said, the original free SPAD s/w  is still available and works fine in P3D3 (at least for me with Win7)). . . possibly the NEXT version has more bells and whistles - but then more problems?.  It's a different author, this payware one

Thanks Michael. I had no idea that Spad had gone 'payware'. Some of the customer reviews are very scathing. Does seem expensive for a driver. How do you find it?

Basic functionality is still free. Only the more advanced features like network, LVARs, PMDG... support require the payware version.

I am a beta tester, thus I might be a bit biased. I am glad someone extends functionality to more advanced features. As you see on the forum, the author is very responsive to issues/feature requests.  I know a couple of unvaforable comments on the English Simmarket (against a positive one on the German Simmarket, neither by the author nor me :-) Those critical comments center on missing documentation being indeed a field requiring urgent improvement. I already contributed a "Getting Started Guide"  to give at least the beginner a thand.

I would suggest trying the free version. There is even a time-limited try-before-buy full version. (http://www.fsgs.com/forum/). I use SPAD.neXt regularly for my Saitek Multi, Radio, Switch panels (networked, with P3D3) and hope to be able to include my 9 FIPs soon.

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Basic functionality is still free. Only the more advanced features like network, LVARs, PMDG... support require the payware version.

I am a beta tester, thus I might be a bit biased. I am glad someone extends functionality to more advanced features. As you see on the forum, the author is very responsive to issues/feature requests.  I know a couple of unvaforable comments on the English Simmarket (against a positive one on the German Simmarket, neither by the author nor me :-) Those critical comments center on missing documentation being indeed a field requiring urgent improvement. I already contributed a "Getting Started Guide"  to give at least the beginner a thand.

I would suggest trying the free version. There is even a time-limited try-before-buy full version. (http://www.fsgs.com/forum/). I use SPAD.neXt regularly for my Saitek Multi, Radio, Switch panels (networked, with P3D3) and hope to be able to include my 9 FIPs soon.

Kind regards, Michael

Thanks for all that Michael. I'm still waiting for forum activation. Seems to take a long time;-)  I haven't seen the free trial or ltd version there. Do i have to be approved before i can get it?  Like the idea of PMDG support.

edit: got the download but forum won't let have your guide until registered;-(

I just logged out, but still can download the free version and the guide... On the r.h.s. of the forum page http://www.fsgs.com/forum/ there are links to both of them, don't you see them?

The trial can be activated from within the free version, it's not a separate download.

If forum registration doesn't work just mail the author, perhaps once more. I am sure he'll sort it. As I said, he's very responsive.  His mail is (e.g.) in the Guide. Please, keep in mind, this is a Getting Started not a full documentation (which I for sure am unable to write as I lack technical knowledge in several fields).

Kind regards, Michael

I just logged out, but still can download the free version and the guide... On the r.h.s. of the forum page http://www.fsgs.com/forum/ there are links to both of them, don't you see them?

The trial can be activated from within the free version, it's not a separate download.

If forum registration doesn't work just mail the author, perhaps once more. I am sure he'll sort it. As I said, he's very responsive.  His mail is (e.g.) in the Guide. Please, keep in mind, this is a Getting Started not a full documentation (which I for sure am unable to write as I lack technical knowledge in several fields).

Kind regards, Michael

Thanks Michael

Got the download ok, but your guide returns: You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

The guide is part of the package, thus installing it you can read the guide (at least that's the idea).

Anyway, you are right, there's a permission issue with the guide download. I'll notify the author.

Kind regards, Michael

Thanks for all that Michael. I'm still waiting for forum activation. Seems to take a long time;-)  I haven't seen the free trial or ltd version there. Do i have to be approved before i can get it?  Like the idea of PMDG support.

edit: got the download but forum won't let have your guide until registered;-(

Permissions to download have been fixed on the forum.

You should get your activation email within a couple of minutes automatically and a reminder within a week. No manual processing is done.

There are some email-providers like e.g. q.com / btinternet.com that will not accept emails from the forum, and you will never get your activation email. In this case just use the contact form of the fourm and I'll manually activate your account.