Sign in to follow this  
Ian McPhail

Some switches not working

Didn't help me either.

So does anyone know where simconnect.xml went when we ran the installers?

Russ

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

No clue... 

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

I am missing my simconnect.xml as well but everything appears to be working apart from landing lights at night. I do have all versions of simconnect installed.

I have some stuff that works, mostly on the main panel. Pretty much everything on the overhead is dead, as well as the cdu. Very annoying...

Russ

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Formerly Young (😩)

I am having the same problem, I have followed the instructions in the readme file and installed the T7

I noticed these error messages in contentErrorLog.txt

[error.0]
error=Key values exist outside of a section: 
 File:C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 777-200LR\panel\panel.cfg
 Key:

[error.1]
error=Found Duplicate Key Name
 File:C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 777-200LR\panel\panel.cfg
 Section:VCockpit21
 Key: 

[error.2]
 Section:VCockpit22
 Key: 

[error.3]
 Section:VCockpit29
 Key: 

John.

John,

As explained in a few other threads- ignore the error logging you are seeing.  Lockheed Martin made some errors in it's functionality and it gives many false positives- just like the FSX version of same.

You can turn it off inside the sim.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Same problem here guys...

FSUIPC 4.945a didn't work for me

Sean McCormack | Virgin Australia | i7 8700K @ 5.2Ghz | Asus Maximus XI | G.Skill RIPJAWS 32GB DDR4 3200MHZ | Asus STRIX-GTX1080Ti | 2 x Samsung 850 EVO SSD RAID 0 | Corsair HX1000i  | Win 10 64bit | HTC Vive, HMD Odyssey, Oculus Rift-S and Pimax 5k+ | Twitch twitch.tv/djsean00 | Youtube youtube.com/djsean00

Thanks for the reply, Robert, but can you shed any light on why our switches aren't working after installing per the Readme? I for one never had a lick of trouble with either the FSX or P3D v2 versions.

Thank you!

Russ

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Formerly Young (😩)

Got mine working!  :smile:

1. Install Simconnect in the exact manner in which is described in the readme from the updated NGX Installers.
  2. Restart your computer
  3. Upon starting P3D again, when presented with the intro menu where you can select the aircraft, weather, airport and time - Select the NGX HERE. (Do not select something else like the F22 and enter P3D and select NGX after)
  4. Fly

Everything works fine here, If I go back to entering P3D with the F22 and change to the NGX I get the same problem again, trick is to select the NGX at the entry screen.

Sean.

Sean McCormack | Virgin Australia | i7 8700K @ 5.2Ghz | Asus Maximus XI | G.Skill RIPJAWS 32GB DDR4 3200MHZ | Asus STRIX-GTX1080Ti | 2 x Samsung 850 EVO SSD RAID 0 | Corsair HX1000i  | Win 10 64bit | HTC Vive, HMD Odyssey, Oculus Rift-S and Pimax 5k+ | Twitch twitch.tv/djsean00 | Youtube youtube.com/djsean00

Got mine working!  :smile:

1. Install Simconnect in the exact manner in which is described in the readme from the updated NGX Installers.
  2. Restart your computer
  3. Upon starting P3D again, when presented with the intro menu where you can select the aircraft, weather, airport and time - Select the NGX HERE. (Do not select something else like the F22 and enter P3D and select NGX after)
  4. Fly

Everything works fine here, If I go back to entering P3D with the F22 and change to the NGX I get the same problem again, trick is to select the NGX at the entry screen.

Sean.

I confirm, if you don't pick your PMDG plane in the scenario screen, none of the switches will work.

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

DJSean

Thank you for that tip, that works for me too, weird or what!

Edwin

Gents-

I am killing this thread because i want you all to read the updated thread we posted at the top of the forum.  It contains steps to keep you running in P3D v3 based on what we learned overnight.

(Sean McCormack - you hit the correct answer also.)

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com