Sign in to follow this  
peter131176

Jetstream and P3D propper release

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if any of you knows if there are plans from PMDG to release Jetstream for P3D like they did with 737NGX and 777. 

Thx 

Peter

I'm sure I've seen it mentioned before, something along the lines of "we'll probably do it but it won't be until the 747 is finished", unfortunately I can't find the post because forum search is currently disabled.

I did find some comments as regards FSX:SE however

PMDG BAe JS4100

For those awaiting FSX:SE compatibility for the JetStream 41, this integration is completed and is awaiting testing.  Right now we have a single, very large beta test taking place to cover "all things NGX" so we are refraining from adding this to the mix as it will create some confusion and not guarantee that we have a good solid test of this product under FSX-SE.

We diid make a couple of minor fixes to this product during the update in order to eliminate a few common complaints we get to support... but mostly this product will be identical to the FSX version currently on the market.

Source from February 2015: http://www.avsim.com/topic/462821-21feb15-a-couple-general-updates-ngx-j41-xplane-p3d/

Pending Updates for the J41:

Beta testing the J41 has taken a back seat to the changes we needed to make to the NGX and 777, but will resume shortly.  Unlike the NGX and 777, the J41 isn't getting a significant code update, so it is a much simpler test process for us-  as it primarily is just an installation validation process.  We hope to have that released to you soon as well!

Source from March 2015: http://www.avsim.com/topic/465797-30mar15-ngx-updates-and-some-other-news-bits/#entry3210705

At time of writing FSX:SE compatible J41 installer still hasn't been released, but it will work in FSX:SE as detailed at http://www.avsim.com/topic/469968-js41-wont-detect-fsx-st/?p=3281814

[Mod: Do not discuss use of FSX products in P3D.]

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

I'm sure I've seen it mentioned before, something along the lines of "we'll probably do it but it won't be until the 747 is finished", unfortunately I can't find the post because forum search is currently disabled.

I did find some comments as regards FSX:SE however

At time of writing FSX:SE compatible J41 installer still hasn't been released, but it will work in FSX:SE as detailed at http://www.avsim.com/topic/469968-js41-wont-detect-fsx-st/?p=3281814

From what I've read, the J41 can be installed in to P3D with some messing around, but the IAS hold doesn't work, so seems it will need a few code tweaks.

As much as I would love the JS in P3D, using it in P3D at present is in violation of the EULA and they might just delete this thread..

Didn't see it in the news update today but I really hope it's not dead. The J41 is my favorite. 

If I would buy the J41 today, hoping to get it installed in FSX:SE, would I be eligible for a free update to the FSX:SE compliant version, once this is released?

Regards,

Henri

The only official PMDG line regarding use of J41 in P3D I can find is from January 2015:

We are in the home-stretch with our first release for P3D...The following products are expected to be released during 1Q15 and/or early 2Q15:

PMDG BAe JetStream 4100

Source: http://www.avsim.com/topic/459512-08jan15-updated-p3d-development-information/?hl=%2Bjetstream

Given the lack of any further statements from PMDG, I'm now considering Steve's FSX DX10 fixer. I'm aware it doesn't have the memory management and other improvements of P3Dv3 but we could be waiting a long time for the J41 in P3D as it's evidently low priority (it may be off the cards altogether, given the lack of any subsequent mentions). Anyone used the J41 with DX10 fixer, did you see much improvement or find any issues?

I appreciate PMDG are not obligated to update the product, but given the numerous requests about P3D J41 it would be nice to hear from PMDG regarding it, if only to assist with our upgrade path strategies.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg