Sign in to follow this  
ger

AA settings

Hi guys ,

just installed the V3 version and trying to get the AA settings right,

In the past i used nvidia inspector for this but don't know if i still need it or should the settings be made within P3D .

My system is a 4790K at 4.7 , with a GTX980 lightning card so performance shouldn't be a problem ,

Can someone give me some advice  wich settings i need to change , in P3D or in inspector or in both  to get the best AA,

Thanks in advance,

Best regards,

Gérard van Veldhoven

It doesn't appear any changes were made to the AA settings for v3 so I would recommend using at least 4x SGSSAA through NI.  In v2.5 I used 4x SGSSAA in NI and 4x MSAA in P3D with FXAA off and that gave me the best results.  I tried these settings last night with v3 and it still appears to be the case.  

Ryan

It doesn't appear any changes were made to the AA settings for v3 so I would recommend using at least 4x SGSSAA through NI.  In v2.5 I used 4x SGSSAA in NI and 4x MSAA in P3D with FXAA off and that gave me the best results.  I tried these settings last night with v3 and it still appears to be the case.  

It stopped using NI after I switched from FSX to P3D v2 (the day it was released) so I am a bit out of the loop: I do remember a few other settings had to be changed in NI in order to get 4x SGSSAA to work: is that still the case or can I simply install NI, change the setting to 4x SGSSAA and that's it? Or do I really have to alter some more settings? I am thinking about giving it a try because I am getting a bit tired of the jagged edges after some two years LOL

You can get away with only 2xSGSS in NI, it removes almost all flicker on my lowly GTX 670.

Of course, if you have the horsepower, crank it up. :smile:

It stopped using NI after I switched from FSX to P3D v2 (the day it was released) so I am a bit out of the loop: I do remember a few other settings had to be changed in NI in order to get 4x SGSSAA to work: is that still the case or can I simply install NI, change the setting to 4x SGSSAA and that's it? Or do I really have to alter some more settings? I am thinking about giving it a try because I am getting a bit tired of the jagged edges after some two years LOL

You need to change two settings for SGSS to happen Jeroen.

First set Antialiasing->"Antialiasing - Mode" to "Enhance the application setting" (default setting "Application controlled".).

Then you can set Antialiasing->"Transparency Supersampling" to whatever you want. :smile:

- JP

- Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

There is another setting that I change to "Enhance the Application Setting".  I can't remember the name of the setting but I can report back when I get home this evening.  Those are the only two I change and get beautiful results.  

Ryan

Hi,

Thanks all ,

@ ryan ..gonna try the same settings as i had in 2,5 wich are the same as yours,

Thanks again

You need to change two settings for SGSS to happen Jeroen.

First set Antialiasing->"Antialiasing - Mode" to "Enhance the application setting" (default setting "Application controlled".).

Then you can set Antialiasing->"Transparency Supersampling" to whatever you want. :smile:

- JP

I must try that JP,    In NI now days i change "adaptive power to High performance"  and  "Single display mode"  i don't know if this actually does anything but sure i change it anyway  :smile:

I use 4/8 SGSG on top of that,  this for me is great, settles down all the rattling  

Word of warning, If you run with inspector and find you have FPS drops when flying though clouds you know why. :wink:

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Word of warning, If you run with inspector and find you have FPS drops when flying though clouds you know why. :wink:

LOL Yes, I know but I am willing to give it a totally free try with v3. Maybe this version's optimizations will do wonders when using NI and flying through clouds.

Well obviously David yes of course we do,   actually i haven't got a clue really.   Is that just heaver usage through clouds and that ?? 

I'm pretty sure you already use those settings I posted Elaine, except you use better supersampling than 2xSG on your fancy hardware. :smile:

- Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

Look forward to your reports.

Well obviously David yes of course we do,   actually i haven't got a clue really.   Is that just heaver usage through clouds and that ?? 

Its because the clouds get AA so you can be fine untill you fly thought them and the heavy load of AA on them all kicks in.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

JP  :smile:

@David

Yes im still finding my feet AA/performance balance wize,  will have to do some proper testing over the weekend 

Well, I did a very thorough test this morning with Inspector and after 15 seconds I decided to forget about NI LOL. An fps drop from +30 to around 15 isn't worth it. ;)

Hi Jeroen,

just took off from kiad  and in the climb i had some  heavy clouds and had the same ,  heavily reduced frames ,  so next flight i m gonna try without ni.