Sign in to follow this  
Richard McDonald Woods

Experiences flying with Prepar3d v3

As more pilots migrate to P3D v3, it will be interesting to hear their feedback about completed flight experiences, like smoothness, FPS, faults and difficulties.

So I hope that you can share your experiences for all our benefits.

PS I shall be abroad next week, but hope to read about your flights!

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

Anyone having a issue with landing lights not lightning up the ground in the night, virtual cockpit view? They work totally fine from the outside view.

I have the PMDG 777

Anyone having a issue with landing lights not lightning up the ground in the night, virtual cockpit view? They work totally fine from the outside view.

I have the PMDG 777

I might be wrong, but there may be some required settings in P3D for things to work properly. Check the Intro Manual. Sorry I can't be of more help at the moment, but I don't have the Intro Manual in front of my (at the day job), and I've been in X-Plane with the DC-6 so much that I might be confusing things.

Also, while I'm guessing your user name is your actual name, names are required to be placed in the post body / signature line for consistency. Richard's post is actually a good example (especially given his user name, as well). Not trying to be overly picky, but it makes it a lot easier on the mods to see who is actually in compliance with the rule.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi Kyle, the wierd thing is that I make the lights working if I load a "clean" flight. Using the standard save that cames with P3D and select the 777 then I select night and airport. Then the runway lights works. When I load a saved flight like I used too in P3Dv2 then the runway lights are gone on the ground. In 3D cockpit view. Its really wierd. I tested this in the P3Dv2 had no issues at all. Also very interested if anyone else getting this.

And now my signature should be fixed. :)

I've been in X-Plane with the DC-6 so much that I might be confusing things.

HDR has to be on in XP10 (e.g. FJS B732) for all landing lights being functional/visual.

But I don't know details about P3Dv3. Maybe something has changed here between v2 and v3?

Flew a night flight last night from CYVR (fsdreamteam) to KPSP (default scenery)...

whew, where to start... well, I guess the start... running P3D v3, ASN, Aivlasoft EFB and GSX (for now), I loaded the PMDG 737-800 at the gate, taxied out with very smooth and beautiful emmersion.  Lighting was spectacular, aircraft handled easily, audio in surround sound and all working seamlessly.

Take off was uneventful except for the tingle down my spine from the sheer excitement.  Flight was gorgeous with the moon being a waning gibous out the left side with shadows in the cockpit dancing over the instruments, pretty spectacular.

Arrival and landing was unexpectedly smooth and visually perfect... I am used to 7-9 fps on most landings so up around 14-17 fps was quite a pleasant surprise, so much so that I was eyeballing stuff instead of landing and was too hot and off center.  Got down on concrete at least and didn't run off the end.

Taxiing in was just as smooth as the departure and shutdown was also uneventful.

Presently, I am extremely pleased with the new P3D... PMDG 777 currently enroute to TNCM... same results thus far... smooth fps, beautiful flight.

I have experienced the SMOKESYSTEM error, but that doesn't seem to affect anything on flights, so ignored...

Additionally, I have not loaded down P3D v3 with traffic (big frame killer), fs2crew, not running radar contact...

ohh, ohh, ohh... there goes the Grand Canyon...

... or other payware scenery, so I still have some work ahead...

So for now, I should probably get back to my real job so I can keep paying for this stuff...

Norman Henderson

Norman Henderson

Flew a night flight last night from CYVR (fsdreamteam) to KPSP (default scenery)...

Thanks for the report. Glad to hear it's working better for you, and we're definitely looking into the cfg issues (smoke system thing).

As an aside: what kind of bike do you have?

Kyle Rodgers

Specialized Roubaix

Nice bike. You are right We should go out and do more biking. I have a Cannondale CAADX Disc and Trigger 3 29ers.

• Upvote 1

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

So yea, just did  a P3Dv3 test with the PMDG 777 now. From Russia to Canada.(UUDD - CYKA) Simulator is performing very well
No issues at all with this long flight. P3Dv3 been running for 5 hours flying and no problems at all. Very nice visuals, clouds and sky looks great. Using Active Sky Next and GSX. Also updated RAAS to latest version and its working fine.

Didn't manage too do long flights with P3Dv2 always OOM at some point.

I had one issue with the PMDG 777 and that was the AutoCruise, it did turn on. But nothing more happened. I had to control the simrate manual. Anyone else tried AutoCruise?

As far as the new sim goes, I agree with the above. Better frame rates, better visuals and just seems smoother. I like the little avatar dude. Unfortunately I can't get either the NGX or the 777 to run. They install ok with the new installers, but whenever I try to select one of them, my sim freezes and I have to CTL ALT DEL. Neither asks for activation - the whole thing just freezes. 64 bit Win 10 fresh install, no other add ons installed yet. Simconnect versions installed. The PMDG aircraft worked fine in P3D 2.5 on the same hardware. I'm not sure what I've done wrong. I'll update when I have an answer from the support team - I have a ticket open.

Fixed. I had all of the simconnect modules installed, but creating a simconnect.xml and putting it in the right place has resolved it. Strange, I thought that simconnect.xml was only required if you were running something like ASNext on a networked machine. Anyway, it seemed to do the trick

I have the PMDG 777

Me tooooooooooooooo. pls help or any idea to fix it ?

Full names in the PMDG forum please.

Select night in the Scenario set up before starting the session. Once it loads at night, you can then change to day or whatever and the ground splash will work.

Dan Downs KCRP