Sign in to follow this  
Bozdog

A2A sale, advise appreciated on purchase for FSX

Hi I am after a bit of advise.

I already own the 172, Cherokee and B377 Captain of the Ship all package with Accusim.

I hope to purchase their Spitfire when I get home tonight.

I don't fly the Captain of the ship very often, as for me it requires quite a large workload , it is a great product though.

The B17 seems an attractive package, but would this be a similar situation? i.e lots to do to keep it in the air, and even start itup?

I am also am interested in the Accu-Sim 'Comanche' 250.

Would the Comanche 250 be much different to the Cherokee I already have to justify the purchase?

I know its very subjective, and have looked at various reviews that all say they are great, but having already got similar products have to bear this in mind.

Thanks for any input

Steve

3080rtx  on a i7 12700k with 32 Gig ddr5. 2gig Ssd

Quest 2

Windows 11

I don't see any sale prices... Is it through their store?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

They are very different planes. Nothing a like other than they are both made by Piper and have manual flaps. I have both and the Comanche is way better than the 172 or Cherokee

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

The B-17 is both a very well modeled and enjoyable plane to fly. I find myself, like you, flying the wonderful CotS less than other A2A planes because of the workload. The B-17 is much easier to just hop in and fly. There is stuff to do, but it's more like the GA aircraft in terms of pilot demand.

The Comanche is the best plane they've done to date, and different enough from the very nice Cherokee to be worth it I think. I have the C172, but don't fly it much. I prefer both the Cherokee and the Comanche. The Comanche is my favorite A2A plane.

I have all the warbirds, but don't fly them as much. I think the quite lovely Spit is probably the most demanding of the bunch. I fly the P-40 the most myself. They just got the flight model so right on that one. The civvie Mustang might be a better choice for you than the Spit. Kind of the best of both worlds.

Comparing a Comanche to a Cherokee is like comparing a Ford Mustang to a Ford Focus.  The Comanche is a muscle car while the Cherokee is an economy sedan.  They do share some common features such as same Autopilot, and similar style of vintage Piper styling, but the Comanche is a different animal.  Like the Cherokee, it is very enjoyable to fly, very easy to fly by hand, tho requrires a little more planning ahead.  The 172 and 182 are a little more similar but still like comparing a Toyota Corolla to a Toyota 4WD crossover.

The B-17 is also a fantastic simulation, it is quite a bit different than COTS, only similar that it is 4 engine radial.  

You might like the fighters too, they are the thorobreds of airplanes, pure power and seat of the pants flying.  The Civil Mustang is THE fastest civil GA addon available.  Its a handful to fly, but very rewarding when you master the Mustang.  It will be getting a GTN650 in an update soon, so I think it will be king of the GA pistons again.

I recommend them all, each are different experiences.  

Cheers

TJ 

Anyone? Bueler?

Where is this sale?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Anyone? Bueler?

Where is this sale?

Sorry should have said , on Just Flight Website 25% off

The B-17 is both a very well modeled and enjoyable plane to fly. I find myself, like you, flying the wonderful CotS less than other A2A planes because of the workload. The B-17 is much easier to just hop in and fly. There is stuff to do, but it's more like the GA aircraft in terms of pilot demand.

The Comanche is the best plane they've done to date, and different enough from the very nice Cherokee to be worth it I think. I have the C172, but don't fly it much. I prefer both the Cherokee and the Comanche. The Comanche is my favorite A2A plane.

I have all the warbirds, but don't fly them as much. I think the quite lovely Spit is probably the most demanding of the bunch. I fly the P-40 the most myself. They just got the flight model so right on that one. The civvie Mustang might be a better choice for you than the Spit. Kind of the best of both worlds.

Thanks, the Spit has a real call to me being English, growing up with films like the Battle of Britain when I was a kid.

Quest 2

Windows 11

I saw that now thanks.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

I was going to cave and finally purchase the Comanche but the store won't let me use my CC or PP....   :sad:  I just get a message that it didn't work.

Has anyone been able to purchase using credit card or pay pal?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

It rejected my Visa CC twice - I'm sure I typed in info correctly -but then accepted a Mastercard

Hans Soule

Argh well I only use Visa or PP so I guess I'm SOL

I did send JF an email though

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Thanks to the OP, I've caved and bought the Comanche...another example of my lack of self-control.

Looks like I won't get a chance to login to my pc tonight , let me know what you think of it , I will be after the spit tomorrow or Sunday if not both , may need to console myself with a purchase if we lose the Rugby to the Aussies!! . :-(

Quest 2

Windows 11

Argh well I only use Visa or PP so I guess I'm SOL

I did send JF an email though

Hi ryan, JF also did not accept my PP. Please post here if you get an answer :)

Cheers :)

N.-

Purchased the B377 COTS today (fantastic bird, been flying it all afternoon) using my PayPal account, no issues with purchase.  Tempted to pick up another one or two while on sale ha