Sign in to follow this  
CraigPhillips

P3D V3: Landing lights not illuminating ground

Hello,

I have just installed PMDG 777-200/300 for P3D V3, all the systems seems to be working fine... however the landing lights do not illuminate the ground. They do in other aircraft such as the Aerosoft Airbus packages. I also have the option in P3D 'Landing-lights illuminate ground' ticked.

Any ideas what the problem might be?

Kind Regards

Craig

I am having the same issue. Weirdly, they work in the daytime just not at night. This is on a fresh rebuild of Win10 and P3Dv3.

This goes for 737 and 777.

I found out that I get my lights working if I start a "clean" flight with P3Dv3. With that I mean I startup P3D with the standard save, then I select the PMDG 777 and then select Airport and set night. Only then I make my landing lights work. If I save the game to a savefile. Restart the sim and load the save file then the lights are dark on the ground.

Has their been a fix for the lights yet?

I have found if I start my flight in the daylight and fly into the night, when I land I have no landing lights on the ground. Also no nav light "splash" from the ground.

Thanks

Michael Gaston

Michael Gaston

Also if you change date or time after loading the scenery the lights does not work on my system (frome the VC)

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

From what I'm seeing and reading if you start the flight at night then change the time to whenever you want the lights will work.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

Select aircraft start at night for me =

Default airport

777nightEGNX.jpg

KSFO

KSFONight777.jpg

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Select aircraft start at night for me =

Default airport

777nightEGNX.jpg

KSFO

KSFONight777.jpg

If it looks like that at a default airport but different at FB KSFOV2, then the problem could be with the material properties they used for the custom ground polygons and not the aircraft itself. Something similar happens with the T7 and NGX lights in FSX at some of the FSDT airports due to the way they use shaders for the ground polys. The easiest way to tell is what you did by testing a defualt airport against a 3rd party airport. You could also test at a FlyTampa airport since they use more conventional ground polys and see how the lights react there.

Sean Campbell

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

The only symptom I found to be constant was if I start from default at day there is no light splash. If I start a default at night there is, and it will continue to work after switching to day, saving and loading regardless of location. Doesn't seem to have anything to do with Fly Tampa FSDT or default airports.

Dan Downs KCRP

Same issue. Took off during the day and land during night time, no light reflection. But if I load the save flight after I land, it works.

Danny F

Same issue. Took off during the day and land during night time, no light reflection. But if I load the save flight after I land, it works.

Yea also been noticing that :P Taking off at day and landing on evening/night. No ground reflections.

Workaround until fix arrives is to create flight at night.  You can save it as is and use later, day or night, or you can just start at night. Just an extra step adjusting time so minimal impact so far.

Dan Downs KCRP

Workaround until fix arrives is to create flight at night.  You can save it as is and use later, day or night, or you can just start at night. Just an extra step adjusting time so minimal impact so far.

Thanks for the idea! Gonna try tonight.

And wondering if anyone has submitted a ticket about this? If not, I will submit one.

Danny F

Thanks for the idea! Gonna try tonight.

And wondering if anyone has submitted a ticket about this? If not, I will submit one.

Affirmative. There is a ticket on this.

Danny, full names in the PMDG forums please.

Dan Downs KCRP

Same thing here...

Loading up a saved flight does not show lights on ground.  I have to reload the aircraft again from scratch...

Hope it gets fixed...

Isidoro Attie