Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Can I get a few comments about what is different between v2.4 and v2.5?

Folks, I am running v2.4 right now...and am asking the question, is there a really tangible difference in stability and performance between these two versions?

So..is going from v2.4 to v2.5 worth all the time and reloading of 3rd party?

Thanks in advance...

Ses 

I think the biggest fixes in 2.5 were the tall bridges and the OOM issue associated with the select vehicle screen. But, why mess around with 2.5? C'mon, you KNOW you want to jump into 3.0! Nobody could sing it's praises as well :)

Chris

I think the biggest fixes in 2.5 were the tall bridges and the OOM issue associated with the select vehicle screen. But, why mess around with 2.5? C'mon, you KNOW you want to jump into 3.0! Nobody could sing it's praises as well :)

So...that was about it?

So basically, I can stay with v2.4 then, huh?   Tall bridges aren't worth the install effort...lol.  I can live with stumpy ones...lol

Thanks....v2.4 runs fine for me...never has oom'ed on me...so, will probably stick with that. :)

The 'up-charge' to v2.6 er....ah...'v3,0' is going into another Velociraptor 1 TB.   I'll see what P3D v4 or v5 technologically brings....and will plunk down the coin, then...    Until those versions show up....v2.4 will be the ticket  :wink:

Thanks snglecoil for the reply!!!   Most appreciated.

Out of the 2.0 series, 2.3 was probably the pick of the litter for me performance wise.

Out of the 2.0 series, 2.3 was probably the pick of the litter for me performance wise.

You know...I still have that....hmmmm......

Glynn, are you running v2.3 right now?

I'm averaging about 27-30 FPS with v2.4 at about 90 percent full out right now.