Sign in to follow this  
Manny

P3D V3 and VAS

This is very preliminary observation.

There is no Q... the VAS available after loading the aircraft scenery is amazing.. I get close to 2G VAS available and often 2.5G VAS available after loading...PROVIDED I can load.

Let me explain.. When I am in Flightbeam KSFO and load one of P3D aircraft I get 2,5Gig available Thats good right?

But when I load the PMDG 777 and the SFO, I can;t even load..it fails saying memory issue...but VAS indicator shows I have not reached the VAS limit. 

Same thing with Dubai.. FT dubai and 777 I am unable to load.

so there is something going on at the time loading a flight... it maybe using the maximum VAS and then it sheds all the vAS it doesn't need? Possibly?  I am suspecting a bottle neck somewhere...during loading a flight.

Maybe a potential work around is, go to an airport first using a low quality aircraft and then load the complex aircraft. But  some aircraft (PMDG 777) needs to be selected right at the beginning not be changed. Althouh I have changed to PMDG 777 and they do work often.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Hi Manny ,

just took off KIAD with the PMDG 777 bound to EDDM and hadn't had any problems  when loading , VAS usage was 2.6 , this is with ASN and settings way up , now 1 hour into flight VAS still 2.6

Very strange Manny.

I've not gone over to v3 with PMDG yet. But it seems your doing it right, start v3 select flight, select the 777, start, I hear starting with a default aircraft then loading the PMDG has got some problems.

I've watched a few youtube vid's of the 777 at SFO so not sure what to say. Hope you get it sorted. I've been no help :sad:

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I started at  VABB (Mumbai) with PMDG 777-300 I was able to load and am flying towards OMDB (4x) I am about 500 miles from OMDB at FL30

I see 1.6G available in vAS displayed by FSUIPC.

But I got a pop up saying I am low on memory and that distinctive FSUIPC sound (warning of low memory). I closed the pop up but the flight is continuing.

This happened a couple of time already.. I simply closed that pop up. Not sure if FSUIPC has a added popup in addition to the sound. or is this the P3D v3 popup..not sure

Hmmm...

40 miles out of OMDB..crashes with Out of memory even thou the indicator shows 1.5G

Manny

New Discovery:

Bug in FSUIPC (the new beta version). When you see 2.5G available its actually 250mb available or close to that.

Its overstating the VAS available. Whenever I landed on an airport I see 2.5 to 2G ofs VAS available and I went WOW at the P3D v3 yet I was getting, out of memory error.

Since the FSUIPC installs on all the sims.. I went back to my P3D v2.3 (yeah I was still in 2.3) to do some real flying with the CS 727 over Sedona.

Guess what I find?.. I see that I have 2.3Gigs of VAS available in Pd3 V2.3 too! 

:Tounge:

If you still have your P3d V2..go ahead and try it for yourself!

Manny

Are you sure that 2.5 is VAS available...? Isn't it VAS used...? I don't use FSUIPC but looking at the numbers you posted I wonder if you aren't reading that information the wrong way around.

Are you sure that 2.5 is VAS available...? Isn't it VAS used...? I don't use FSUIPC but looking at the numbers you posted I wonder if you aren't reading that information the wrong way around.

Hmm... some else can confirm..I thought it was how much was left... in any case..even if it used up only 2.5G..then there remains 1.5 Gig left..right? Even that does not add up.

Manny

No FSUIPC reports amount available not what was used, You'll start pinging around 250MB left and die somewhere south of 175MB. Manny you can verify your theory by checking it with Process Explorer. Also verify you are using the correct offset in FSUIPC it's 024c/s32 in FSX. It may have changed in P3D with the new version.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

No FSUIPC reports amount available not what was used, You'll start pinging around 250MB left and die somewhere south of 175MB. Manny you can verify your theory by checking it with Process Explorer. Also verify you are using the correct offset in FSUIPC it's 024c/s32 in FSX. It may have changed in P3D with the new version.

Tom I did process explorer but I forgot how to read it... which one of those is the vAS available? do you know? if not I can post the screenshot here.

Manny

Process explorer will show how much is used look in the Virtual size column of the P3D process. To figure out what's left, just subtract from 4GB. That's why I like the FSUIPC monitor as it does that for you!!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

Process explorer will show how much is used look in the Virtual size column of the P3D process. To figure out what's left, just subtract from 4GB. That's why I like the FSUIPC monitor as it does that for you!!

this is what I got

21952991011_b1e8779c16_o.jpg

Manny

That says the value you're seeing in FSUIPC is correct. Yet you are still OOMing? That is strange.

You know..now I am realizing it may not be OOM.. I get  something similar The "pop up" I keep talking about is this.

21769677059_17be908171_o.jpg

it says close "Prepar3D" The pop up I keep mentioning is this windiow

BTW.. I have posted this at PEte's support page (its not his issue...I thought it was FSUIPC was reportingt VAS wrong... now I am realizing its something else..something new for me.

So I have posted this on Prepar3D forum too.

edited to add:

This is Page file issue and now I remember I swapped my FSX SSD to a 1TB SSD for the new P3D V3 and that smaller SSD is running out of space..

I currently made it "system managed" and rebooted my machine.

Manny

YES that was the issue

I created a new Page file and  now I am able to load my PMDG 777 in Flightbeam's KSFO!

:smile:  :smile:  :smile:  :smile:

https://youtu.be/Pze9ZtfBChM

IF folks have been swapping HD or SSDs around your page file is in one of these you may want to put it in the proper location. :P

Manny

YES that was the issue

I created a new Page file and  now I am able to load my PMDG 777 in Flightbeam's KSFO!

:smile:  :smile:  :smile:  :smile:

https://youtu.be/Pze9ZtfBChM

IF folks have been swapping HD or SSDs around your page file is in one of these you may want to put it in the proper location. :P

Great, glad you found the problem!! I'm curious though what size (memory) is your graphics card? You seem to have a larger available VAS then most, I've seen.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!