Sign in to follow this  
Manny

P3D V3 and VAS

I have an older GTX 670 2GB

I have lots of VAS cause I kept reducing my settings to get over this OOM issue like I thouight.

Now I have this solved, I am slowing increasing it...until I get real OOM.. HA HA HA! 

Whelp! I just bought Flightbeam KSFO. I have now added AI aircrafts..upped the autogens a bit..moved the sliders to the right... Tsk tsk before I moved the sliders to the right, with AI aircrafts Iit went down to 750MB and then pretty soon, it went back up to 1.2GB again.

LEts see what I get now with my sliders to the right.

:)

edited to add: I got it to 950MB ..I think I'll leave it there for now...  I have things fairly to the right... AI is 100% PMDG 777 in KSFO.. Hey I am happy.....for now! :)

I just don't have ORBX added yet.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

It truly is amazing what LM has achieved regarding VAS.

Did a flight around Flytampa EKCH Copenhagen (were i live) and setting LOD at 6.5 and HD2048 with HD texture pack installed and in SLI . Complexity maxed and Autogen on Dense and shadows cranked pretty up in the PMDG 777. Same for Water on high and reflections on . MT6 at 20% -Traffic manager at 50

SLI showing around 40-70% on both cards

VAS was around 3.1-3.3 GB

That would have not been possible with 2.5

KSFO-KLAX about the same 3.1-3.3 GB used.

Interesting to see when we ad UTX and ORBX products but still a nice and adjustable way . Now we can really safe settings for our landing airport and load it before the flight or on the go maybe ? Great

Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

It truly is amazing what LM has achieved regarding VAS.

Did a flight around Flytampa EKCH Copenhagen (were i live) and setting LOD at 6.5 and HD2048 with HD texture pack installed and in SLI . Complexity maxed and Autogen on Dense and shadows cranked pretty up in the PMDG 777. Same for Water on high and reflections on . MT6 at 20% -Traffic manager at 50

SLI showing around 40-70% on both cards

VAS was around 3.1-3.3 GB

That would have not been possible with 2.5

KSFO-KLAX about the same 3.1-3.3 GB used.

Interesting to see when we ad UTX and ORBX products but still a nice and adjustable way . Now we can really safe settings for our landing airport and load it before the flight or on the go maybe ? Great

Michael Moe 

That sounds indeed great, but I think to many post such scenarios without having ORBX products installed and that can give a wrong picture. Don't you think? Yes, VAS usage is obviously optimized, but still...

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

That sounds indeed great, but I think to many post such scenarios without having ORBX products installed and that can give a wrong picture. Don't you think? Yes, VAS usage is obviously optimized, but still...

You have a point there offcause but i dont think Global and OPENLC EU will add to much to VAS.

i know for sure UTX2.1 will add between 150-400mb (i am going only for road and lights aka =150mb)

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Hi 

just made a flight EHAM KSFO with all settings to the right , AEROSOFT EHAM and FB KSFO , ORBX FTXG  (yes ) , and ASN weather , PMDG 777 with HD  KLM textures

The total flight duration was nearly 10 hours , real time , and VAS with landing was 3.1. , frames locked and steady at 30 , AA settings in NI inspector .

very very happy,

Best regards

Gérard

Hi 

just made a flight EHAM KSFO with all settings to the right , AEROSOFT EHAM and FB KSFO , ORBX FTXG  (yes ) , and ASN weather , PMDG 777 with HD  KLM textures

The total flight duration was nearly 10 hours , real time , and VAS with landing was 3.1. , frames locked and steady at 30 , AA settings in NI inspector .

very very happy,

Best regards

Gérard

Hi!

Thanks for sharing, but with or without ORBX like Global etc?

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Hi 

very very happy,

Best regards

Gérard

Sounds Great  :wink:  :smile:  Any traffic ,road AI etc?

TML=2048 ?

EHAM is used to be a VAS killer also i think

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Hi,

Yes , with FTX GLOBAL 

I know  it isn't officially supported with a new installer  but it is possible ...Traffic is with vatsim , road traffic 10%, lod 6.5 in the CFG wich is default and graphics 2048 , i m getting better results with P3dv3  than with fsx dx10.. and P3D 2.5...

At this moment i have P3Dv3 running and placed my PMDG 77W at gate A7 at  KSFO , departing tonight at 0045Z back to EHAM , and see what the VAS does after 11 hours at the gate and after that a flight of 9.35 hours into Ams

Gérard

I just made a test myself at Flytampa OMDB in the Bonanza A36 and Baron 

P3Dv2 shows 2,928,000 used KB

P3Dv3 shows 2,112,000 used KB

:Tounge:

So about 600-700mb nice

EDIT: But it is also important to understand that memory does not seem to build up during the flight. That meens that we can have individually high settings saved per airport "knowing" we are within the limits . Thats just so great

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png