Sign in to follow this  
SirStiggie

P3D 3.0 SLI

I was on the fence about purchasing V3 because of all the issues I had with 2.5 on my system (SLI 980 Ti's) but I bit the bullet with the knowledge that I could get a refund if it did not pan out. 

I am happy I did.

I am not getting the FPS I have read others are getting but what I am getting is a level of smoothness I never got in 2.5. I am using the same or one level up on my scenery settings and it is so smooth. I do not have any weird artifacts nor do I have the issue of losing SLI functionality when accessing the menu. I am very impressed and look forward to getting updated installers for Active Sky, Flight1 GTN750, and the other add-on's I use a lot.

Is it worth the money? To me it is as it "feels" like a new sim.

Back to flying  :smile:

I have a 690GTX that has two GPU's on one card. How can you tell if a game is using both GPU's?

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

I have a 690GTX that has two GPU's on one card. How can you tell if a game is using both GPU's?

Download something like MSI Afterburner. Should be in the monitoring tab. Check off the GPU usage graph as well as tick the box which says "Show in On-Screen Display". Make sure to have it running while using P3D to see your GPU usage.

I've been doing more testing now that I've fixed an issue I was having with Active Sky Next and I am really happy with the performance of V3 with SLI. It is definitely making better use of SLI  and has taken pretty much everything I have thrown at it within reason.

Its interesting to see how both cards behave when going into and out of areas with heavy clouds and or scenery. The clock speed on both cards would ramp up going into these areas and when there are little or no clouds or scenery, the first card's frequency would drop while the second remains high. Not sure why this happens as I though it would use the first card.

FPS is a bit better than 2.5 but the choppines I had with panning around, especially in complex VC's is nowhere near as bad as 2.5 for the same scenario. 

Hopefully, LM continues to tweak v3 to make even better use of SLI.