Sign in to follow this  
rparson99

Good Bye 2.5...

It was nice knowing you.

Hello 3.0!

Yes..I did plan to run parallel installs...and did in fact proceed to do so.  But alas, there is no reason to stick.  3.0 is here to stay and is performing very well......exceeding 2.5 in key areas.  So I no longer see the need.  3.0 will be my focus while I pull all the pieces back together.  Even with default textures and a good boost of detail, this thing excels.  Cheers to LM and everyone who has contributed (testers, Rob :-D)....Thanks for your support!

Fun times! 

I agree with you. I will be doing the same, flying v3 mostly, from now on. But I do plan on keeping v2.5 around as a guinea pig for new software.

Cheers, Craig

I have to say, I was sure that this P3D 3.0 version was going to be another letdown like 2.5 but I just tried it myself (Academic version) since I purchased 2.5 less then two months ago so I was eligible for the refund and rebuy.  Boy, what a difference!...much much better then 2.5.  I don't have anymore of that dreaded awful screen tearing I was having with 2.5.  Some people were saying it was my 2gig GTX 680 but I knew it wasn't because I was running 2.5 very well except for that tearing issue that was bothering me and I couldn't get rid of it.  Thank god I don't have to shell out 300-500 $$$ for a new video card.

I'm a happy P3D 3.0 user!!!  So yes, believe the guys that say things were changed and improved for the better!

peace!

I'm almost there. I reloaded XP10 10.40 just to see whether I had been missing anything. I decided again that I'd rather spend $200 on P3d V3, rather than a heck of a lot more money on XP addons to bring XP close to even P3d 2.5 with its full complement of aircraft, ORBX scenery, REX TD 4, ASN weather, dozens of aircraft, especially the Real Air Turbine Duke, the A2A GA fleet and the PMDG 777 and NGX.

Downloading v3 now, but I will keep 2.5 for comparison purposes for now. 

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Cheers to LM and everyone who has contributed (testers, Rob :-D)....Thanks for your support!

It was definitely A LOT of work for MANY folks, lots of good Beta testers and a great development team.  I wasn't able to test ASN in V3 Betas until tonight and was in awe ... just amazing weather depiction (no FPS hit, no VAS hit, and utterly realistic) .. and that was with default V3 clouds, I can only imagine that REX clouds would add even more to the experience.

Cheers, Rob.

I may be well out of my league to state this but in the relatively short amount of time between version releases, it looks like a lot of folks at LM toiled endlessly in order to find some significant VAS savings and performance improvments. And, to top it all off, this is all with a platform that they inherited--and did not develop (although they've had it for a couple of years). I'm not sure what the AVSIM consensus is but there seems to be some good, solid work going on over at LM's simulation and training division.

It was definitely A LOT of work for MANY folks, lots of good Beta testers and a great development team.  I wasn't able to test ASN in V3 Betas until tonight and was in awe ... just amazing weather depiction (no FPS hit, no VAS hit, and utterly realistic) .. and that was with default V3 clouds, I can only imagine that REX clouds would add even more to the experience.

Cheers, Rob.

I performed a quick flight out of the UK last night with ASN's beta and I think I've found the culprit to my stutters in P3D and it's ASN.  I'm still testing now (since I don't have definitive proof) but I thought after backing down cloud layers to 3, it would help.  Now, i don't get VAS issues or bad frames, so that's still a plus but the stutters...worse than a conversation with Mel Tillis.

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Nice to hear all this good things about V3. Im eager to participate too. I was among those who purchased right after release. Sadly, Im a AMD User so I have to wait until there is a solution...http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=113579

@Rob: Dont you have an AMD owner in the Beta-Team to test Eyefinity, Crossfire and the like?

No rant, just curious. 

Cheers, Marcel

I too was was going to keep 2.5 installed for a while.  But, it's gone already!

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

i am also in the V3 weekend mode doing KSFO-KLAX test with the 77W from PMDG and so far i am pretty happy . I am using SLI and really trying to find the balance to stay at 25 fps .Still a FPS hook this hobby is.

But without my FTX Global etc it is hard to compare my 2.5 with 3.0 but it seems like a VAS killer so thats great.

What is this with a utility called fs cubed or something ? 

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Yep I dumped 2.5 as well and went all in on 3.0.  I did a comparison flight in 3.0 this morning between T2G OTHH and FT OMDB in the PMDG 777-200LR that normally resulted in an OOM for me in 2.5.  No OOM even overflying DXB twice (The arrival takes you past the airport and back in from the south).  This is with even more aggressive display settings than I ever had in 2.5 (all sliders maxed basically) with tons of 3rd party add-ons.  3.0 is definitely worth it for me.

Cheers

Daniel

Good to see a post like this as I have been waffling on whether to install v3 alongside my 2.5.  I may just go ahead and do it.  I have been holding off also on updating my Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 and wonder if I should do that first before installing v3?  Might be a busy weekend....

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

I honestly think it's early days to say if P3D v3 is such the leap forward some are suggesting.

For me, 2.5 out of the box is as beautiful and stable as everyone is finding v3

It's really only once you throw all the various addons at it that performance slows to a crawl.

I was watching Frooglesim's first look yesterday and I couldn't really see what was so revolutionary about it not crashing on him when running everything maxed and jumping between airports all around the world. Isn't this just as easy in 2.5?

It certainly seems the VAS management is better and will generate far less, if any, ooms for people. But I don't think the tests people are performing on vanilla v3 is entirely fair.

However, I will purchase v3 and am happy to support LM in their development. I'm just going to wait for a few more addons to become supported.

Another one for this.  I too was going to keep 2.5 for a bit, then LM misunderstood my email and refunded my 2 week old renewal of 2.5.  Happily  v3 is way better on vas, SLI works out of the box, FPS up.  Blurries down , no stutters so far and AA etc OK .   Course that's without complex add-ons so far, but all my photo and photoreal scenery is fine so got plenty places to fly before OrbX updates. With the 3PD stuff I have being updated shortly or already working,  it's goodbye to 2.5.   Get some 80 Gb back - until the FTX and other add-ons reinstalled anyway.  That's the only bummer with all this - a 2Mb broadband with horrendous download times.

Another thanks then to Rob and the others for their work and condidence in the product   :smile:   Happy customer