Sign in to follow this  
abranpuko

AI TRAFFIC LIGHTS P3D V3

Hello! I installed the new " prepar3dv3 " and am very happy with the result. With regard to air traffic, the problem is with navigation lights . All aircraft have " shockwave lights" , but these lights (which in the " Prepar3D v2.5 were perfect ) are now looking like I show in the photo captures. The flashing lights are slow ( not as before in P3D V2.5 ) and when I walked away from the aircraft, the halo becomes larger with a black circle . Could someone help me? what has changed in the exhibition of lights ? I played with the settings of the "HDR " but the result was the same.
Thank you very much to the team of " Prepar3D v3 " for a great product and hope you can help me.

Could you post some screen shots so we can see better. Thanks.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

A number of legacy effects do indeed look weird with the new particle system.

The afterburner of my much beloved abandonware F-16 is now just a narrow streak, and model lights, like nav and strobe lights, are very "subdued".

Some updating may be necessary. :smile:

- Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

oh thanks. so that means i will have to wait!

i dream i was a good developer!

thanks!

I guess it is related to the "halo.bmp" which seems to be crap in P3Dv3. I have a similar issue: using the default "halo.bmp", my AI traffic lights work, but they are enormous, far to big. If I replace the "halo.bmp" with the one I was using in FSX, the lights look perfect, but there is a black shade around it, similar to the screenshot in the AIG forum, but squared. If I use some of the numerous "halo.bmp" replacement textures available online, I get either the same huge lights as with the default one or I get no lights at all. And all this irrespective from the fact if I use the shockwave lights on a certain addon or not. So, I am still looking for a solution as well, if I find one, I will let you know...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

The only lighting issue that I would like to fix in P3D v3 is the size of the short "strobe" lights that are at the end of the approach lights at a handful of airports in the UK. They look far too prominent at a significant distance from my aircraft.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png