Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[03OCT15] Read This if you have trouble in Prepar3D v3 (updated)

***FIXED***

1. Uninstalled PMDG, followed by Simconnect. Reinstalled Simconnect (w/ SP1 & 2). Prepar3d worked.

2. Reinstalled PMDG. Prepar3d + PMDG worked.

3. Rebooted. Prepar3d crashed as before. Uninstall PMDG. Prepar3d worked. Reinstalled PMDG. Prepar3d + PMDG works until rebooted.

4. Reinstalled PMDG. Prepar3d + PMDG worked. This time left Baron as default aircraft. Still works after reboot.

Summary: Even with setup scenario screen left on, the default aircraft cannot be PMDG. Doing so causes crash.

Jonjo Hall

Summary: Even with setup scenario screen left on, the default aircraft cannot be PMDG. Doing so causes crash.

This is mentioned in the Intro Manual, as well. Just for future reference, we do actually put very important and helpful information in there.

Kyle Rodgers

I have just purchased the 737 NGX for P3D (v3.1).

Despite following the four steps outlined I only have about a 1/4 of the VC controls clickable. I had the migration tool installed for some older addons and have since removed it but still get the same issue.

Any ideas?

Thank

Dave Etheridge

I have just purchased the 737 NGX for P3D (v3.1).

Despite following the four steps outlined I only have about a 1/4 of the VC controls clickable. I had the migration tool installed for some older addons and have since removed it but still get the same issue.

Have you been able to resolve the issue meanwhile? Or does anyone else have experience with using a migration tool (for sceneries) and PMDG planes in P3Dv3?

Just asking because I just recently switched to P3Dv3 and I am planning on using the EMT tool for installing Tongass Fjords X while I'm also about to buy the P3D versions of the NGX and 777...

Are you using a Migration Tool?

Not saying you used it on our 777, but its presence alone will cause issues.

Kyle, are these problems somehow resolvable (without uninstalling everything) or is it generally not possible to use a migration tool before or after installing a PMDG product in P3Dv3?

Thanks a lot and best regards

Olli

Regards

Oliver Holstein

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Kyle, are these problems somehow resolvable (without uninstalling everything) or is it generally not possible to use a migration tool before or after installing a PMDG product in P3Dv3?

Removing the tool usually resolves things without any other action.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi:

After a lot of work for my and help from thecnichal support. Now everything is working relatively well (I'm not satisfied with the performance) . Now I find that I am almost forced to change my P3D3 v2.1 version to the new version 3.1. My big question is whether the two versions can coexist togheter  ?. The idea is to migrate step by step. I have installed the PMDG 737 and 777 with Proatc/x and Sky Active programs. Thankyou for comments.

Jorge Novelo (from México)

My big question is whether the two versions can coexist togheter  ?

They can, but it's not recommended.

Kyle Rodgers

Well,  then by the experience you have my next question is if you beleve that I can migrate to version 3.1 without any problems ? . I do not like having to go through the same way as the previous version.

Thank you.

Well,  then by the experience you have my next question is if you beleve that I can migrate to version 3.1 without any problems ? . I do not like having to go through the same way as the previous version.

From our perspective, it's easy: uninstall, upgrade, reinstall. If you're looking for support for migrating between P3D versions from any other perspective, you will have to discuss that with LM, or in the appropriate subforum elsewhere on AVSIM: http://www.avsim.com/forum/436-the-prepar3d-forum/

Full names - first and last - in each post in the forum, please.

Kyle Rodgers

Ok gang, maybe we can fix this little issue I'm having with 98% of the panels being non-clickable on any PMDG P3Dv3 airframe (777 or 737). This issue doesn't affect my FSX PMDG airframes (777, J41, 737, 747, -8i, LCF, MD11). Everything was working beautifully earlier today. During my last flight FSUIPC went haywire talking about another instance running, which there isn't. I thought it might have something to do with the last program I installed which was SODE (scenery needs this for KLIAv2 FSX). I uninstalled it (SODE) and still can't do anything on the overhead but turn on landing lights. I have just spent the last month rebuilding my computer (major upgrade), and reinstalling FSX, and P3D with their respective addons. I can give a list of what I have installed if needed. I have followed the advice of the SimConnect fix but no dice. I have all 4 showing, in the installed pgm list. I really don't want to have to start over, just looking at the list of addon pgms is starting to make me teary eyed at the thought. This is the first time I have had this issue. Any suggestions? Let me know if there is any information you need?

P.S. I didn't want to start a new topic as this was recent and has the same issues I am having. I will start a new one if the forum gods deem necessary.  :smile:

P.S. I didn't want to start a new topic as this was recent and has the same issues I am having. I will start a new one if the forum gods deem necessary. 

Should have, but this will do...

Explain your process for getting your sim set up. Step by step in excruciating detail. If you eat 1/3 of a bagel while I loads, I want to know about it.

Kyle Rodgers

No problem Kyle. I just hate seeing multiple forum topics on the same subject. Sorry about this though. Ok here we go:

(Every install of software was followed by a sim start with admin privledges or a reboot depending what was asked after install)

After installing W10 Pro x64, MB drivers, windows updates, saitek drivers, MS Office, CCleaner, Smart Defrag 4. I let her sit for 24 hours ( a burn in so to speak after a new build) no problems. I then started my FS9 install. I installed in order the following:

FS9

FS 91. update

FSUIPC FS9 (registered copy)

Addit Pro FS9

AS My Traffic 2006 FS9

PMDG 1900C 

PMDG 1900D 

FSDG SHARM El-SHEIKH FS9

FSDT KORD

FSDT KLAX

FSDTKDFW

FSDT KLAS

FSDT Zurich

REX FS2004

FSDG - SHARM El-SHEIKH FS9 

FS9 Annimated Gates 2010

I started FS9, flew an hour flight with no issues. All click spots normal and working on all aircraft. Stopped here for the day.

I checked for updates for anything installed the prior day. Then started on FSX.

FSX Deluxe

SP1

Acceleration Pack

Addit Pro FSX

FSPassengers X

Area51 C-17 FSX

Area51 C-5M

DC-10 Collection

DC-10 Collection Livery Expansion

Just Flight 757 FREEMIUM FSX

Just Flight 757 FREEMIUM FSX Livery Packs 1 & 2

IRIS Pro PC-9

Wilco - Airbus A380 Boxed Edition FSX

FSX Wilco Fleet A400M Retail

EZ Camera for FSX

FSX FeelThere Embraer E-Jets (E170-E190)

FSX FeelThere Embraer E-Jets (E175-E195)

E-JETS v2 World Airlines 1

E-JETS v2 World Airlines 2

FSX Feelthere Embraer Regional Jets v2 (ERJ135-ERJ-145) SP1

FSX Feelthere Embraer Regional Jets v2 (ERJ135-ERJ-145) SP2

VIRTAVIA - F-111 AARDVARK FSX

Wilco Fleet CRJ 200 700 900

50N 737-300, 400, 500 w/Repaints

Aerosoft Mega Airport Paris CDG X

Aerosoft Mega Airport Frankfurt

AS Mega Airport London - Heathrow X

AS Mega Airport Stockholm Arlanda X

PMDG 747-400 X QOTS

PMDG -8i addon

PMDG LCF addon

PMDG MD-11

PMDG 737 NGX

PMDG 600/700 addon

PMDG 777-200

PMDG -300 addon

PMDG BAE JS4100, after this I went for lunch after a sim start. No issues at this point.

FSDT GSX

FSDT KJFK

FSDT KORD

FSDTKLAX

FSDT KDFW

FSDT KLAS

FSDT KIAH

FSDT Vancouver

FSDT Zurich

FSDT Greystone

World Ground Traffic X

Imagine Sim KLGA

Imagine Sim WSSS

Aerosoft Tahiti X

Fly Tampa - St. Maarten - Barts - Saba FSX

L-1011 Tristar

Livery Pack 1

Livery Pack 2

Livery Pack 3

Anchorage X

Fairbanks X

Dash 8 Q-400 Pro

AS A318

AS A319

AS A320

AS A321

CaptainSim - Boeing 767-300 Base Pack Retail Edition

Had dinner no issues

Tilt Rotor FSX

THAI CREATION - SAWASDEE BANGKOK : DON MUEANG INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT FSX

THAI CREATION - NI HAO MACAU: MACAU INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT FSX  VMMC

THAI CREATION - KUZU ZANGPO BHUTAN - PARO INTL VQPR FSX

THAI CREATION - NAMASTE MUMBAI : CHHATRAPATI SHIVAJI INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT FSX

THAI CREATION - NAMASTE NEPAL: TRIBHUVAN INTL AIRPORT FSX

Active Sky Next FSX

KLIAv2

DC-8 50 to 70 Series

CLS_DC10_base

CLS_DC10_Liveries pack 1 and 2

BS KMEM

SDG HECAX FSX

FSDG SHARM El-SHEIKH FSX

Sydney Professional X

FTX Global

FTX Vector

FTX Pago Pago

La Palma X

BlackBox Simulations WideBody Prologue FSX

BlackBox Simulations 737-200 Professional FSX

QualityWings: The Ultimate 757 Collection v1.3

C208B GRAND CARAVAN EX HD SERIES FSX/P3D

Stopped here for the weekend. Gone a week due to work

AS_MEGA-AIRPORT-DUESSELDORF-FSX_P3D_FSXSTEAM

Aerosoft MEGA AIRPORT AMSTERDAM X

AEROSOFT - NASSAU X - BAHAMAS INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT FSX P3D

SIMBREEZE - ABU DHABI OMAA FSX P3D

TURBINE SOUND STUDIOS - C-5 GALAXY TF-39 HD SOUNDPACK FOR FSX

AS My Traffic Professional 2014

Flew FSX on many long haul flights of 14+ hrs for my VA with no issues.

After another week of being gone for work, I started on P3D

P3Dv3.1

Windows

FSUIPC 4

FSTramp

FS Passengers P3D

Edit Voice Pack XL

FSDT Ground Services X

FSDT JFK v2

FSDT Chicago O'hare

FSDT Los Angeles Int'l v2

FSDT Dallas Fort Worth

FSDT Las Vegas McCarran Int'l

FSDT Houston George Bush Intercontinental Airport

FSDT Vancouver International

FSDT Zurich Kloten

Imagine Sim WSSS (Using the developers procedure to move it to P3D by renaming and copying the folders)

REX4 FSX

REX Soft Clouds

RAAS Professional

C208B GRAND CARAVAN EX HD SERIES FSX/P3D

Break for lunch

AS_MEGA-AIRPORT-DUESSELDORF-FSX/P3D/FSXSTEAM

AEROSOFT - NASSAU X - BAHAMAS INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT FSX P3D

SIMBREEZE - ABU DHABI OMAA FSX P3D

Just Flight Majestic Dash 8 Q-400 PRO FSX/P3D

FSX - P3D_Latin -VFR TJSJ - SAN JUAN

New York City X FSX/P3D

AEROSOFT - AIRBUS BUNDLE (A318/319 & A320/A321) FSX/P3D

Aerosoft Professional Flight Planner

TOPCAT

Navigraph FMS Manager

Active Sky Next P3D

PrecipitFX

SDG - CAIRO INTL AIRPORT HECAX P3D

FSDG - SHARM El-SHEIKH P3D

PMDG 737 NGX P3D

PMDG 737-600/700 NGX Expansion P3D

PMDG 777-200 LR/F P3D

PMDG 777-300ERX P3D

777 Imersiona

SODE

SimPlates X (stand alone)

It is at this point that my PMDG P3D products suffered the landing lights only issue, nothing else works on the overheads, nothing works on the MCP, and nothing but the throttles, flaps, ands spoliers on the lower panels. No other planes are affected.

It is at this point that my PMDG P3D products suffered the landing lights only issue, nothing else works on the overheads, nothing works on the MCP, and nothing but the throttles, flaps, ands spoliers on the lower panels. No other planes are affected.

haha - I'm sorry. I should have been more specific in my request for your specifics:

Step by step: how do you launch and start a flight in P3D?

Kyle Rodgers

ok Kyle here is an update, I have uninstalled the 777 and the 737 in P3D. I have reinstalled the 737 and it works. Reinstalled the expansion 600/700 and its back. Reinstalled the 777 and no joy there as well.  :mad: Just went back and checked the 737 and nothing works now.

LMAO, oops. My bad, usually when you guys want details on something you want everything. :smile:  I launch the sim as an admin and it goes to the default popup where you pick a flight (airframe, airport, weather). I don't mess with that as it causes problems when you set a particular airport/airframe for start up in the config.

***UPDATE***

I have decided to remove everything and start over. FSX has started the same, something that was installed went awary, and I don't know what it is. As of now none of my PMDG stuff works. I will keep you posted if I find out what the culprit is.

Hi Guys

Some great info in this post. And I'd love to get my PMDG aircraft up and flying on P3D but I cant get past the load menu on P3D. It just shuts down, anyone know a quick fix for this issue. I just uninstalled P3D v3 and went back to flying on FSX. I've read every forum update in the web I think, and nothing helps. no support for LM.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help.

WWA107

Al Stallbaumer

KATL Hub Manager Westwind Airlines

http://www.flywestwind.com/