Sign in to follow this  
duckbilled

Bizjet Recommendations?

Hi,

I am looking for a nice bizjet. I've looked at the Carenado offerings, F1 Mustang, Eaglesoft stuff...

I really don't need highly realistic systems. I'm more interested in something that is very good looking and has realistic flight dynamics. I do need the ability to load an FSX flightplan.

Why don't I want heavy systems? I don't get an opportunity to fly very often, and when I do, I don't have a lot of time. I get so few opportunities to fly I usually forget how to operate the aircraft unless it is dumbed down a little bit. When I do fly, I usually fly the QW757's, but it isn't very realistic for short flights.

In short, please don't judge - it is just what works for me.

Anyway, does anyone have some good recommendations?

Thanks!

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Carenado Phenom looks really great - it's a pleasure to look at this plane. If you do not care about systems - it may be a nice plane for you, but it is a little hard on framerate.

This horse has been beaten five ways from Sunday so our response is...

If we meet your needs visually or in some other way, consider the fact that "complex avionics packaged aircraft" do not require a full out FMS plan to be flown each flight..

They are quite happy being hand flown or using an FS flightplan for each flight. We encourage all who are interested to consider how/where they fly and fill that niche. :wink:

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

I agree with Ron, there seems to be this assumption that if a plane has fancy glass electronics, it must be flown on the AP and using an entered flight plan.  Glass/GTN offers flexibility, meaning flying by flight plan is one option of many.  For the sake of of currency, (remembering how to do stuff), its a good idea to practice the other methods of navigation too.   Use good ol VOR navigation now and then or shoot an NDB approach (if you can find one lol), its great practice.  If you are pressed for time, enter the first few waypoints in the flight plan, or use VOR for the first few legs, then enter the rest of the plan enroute.

As to the OP's request, the Citation Mustang is fantastic albiet a little frame heavy.  If you don't mind props, the A2A Civil P-51 Mustang pretty much as fast as the Citation Mustang, with the added benifit of enjoying beautiful Packard Merlin engine sounds, it will keep you on your toes tho.  Another great prop choice for those kinds of 500-1500nm trips is the Turbine Duke.   ESDG and Milviz have some real beauties in the works too.

You could also slap on one of the many fine BBJ paints to the NGX and haul it around as a Bizjet.  Altho you won't have BBJ range, just schedule a few extra fuel stops.

Cheers

TJ

Thanks for the suggestions. I looked at the Mustang, but isn't it an older product? How are the vc textures and the cockpit night lighting? I love the look of the Phenom, but I have had a few issues with Carenado stuff in the past.

I really plan to use it for short flights around the Caribbean and Gulf Coast.

As far as the advice on FS flying style, I hear what you are saying, but I do want to fly with the AP. I just need something I can load an FSX flight plan into and get in the air quickly. As for practicing - I don't have time. Because I've mostly flown the QW757 for a while and I need more time to put in a realistic 757 flight, I think I have flown less than 10 times this year - and that's after building a brand new 4790k rig in February. I want to take advantage of my new system and I think a bizjet with the complexity/flexibility of the QW stuff is what I need. Their Rj would work, but it really isn't flown in the Western Hemisphere anymore. The Aerosoft CRJ may be a good option once it is released.

I don't fly because I actually want to pilot aircraft. I fly to clear my mind. I turn off the lights, put on headphones, listen to the hum of the engines, watch the AI and enjoy the scenery. To me, it is very relaxing. If I get 90 minutes to myself, I want to spend it in the air (or at least taxiing around an airport with beautiful scenery and lots of AI) and not trying to remember how to start the f%$&!*g engines or clear a warning light. Of course, like many of us, I have always been fascinated with commercial aircraft, but I don't have a strong interest in mastering the skills needed to pilot one.

I have been an AVSIM member for about 15 years. I am well aware of the options we have as simmers, and I am also aware that most of the beautiful commercial airlines available these days have a steep learning curve that most simmers relish. If I flew regularly, I'd pick one (NGX probably) and master it. I don't fly regularly, so I'm really looking for something that is pretty intuitive for a part time simmer.

Thanks again!

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Look at Lionheart LJ24B  :wink:

MSFS - XPlane11 & 12- P3D4 - Windows 10 64 bit - Corsair One i140 - i7 9700K 3.6Ghz - nVidia GeForce TRX 2080 

Patrick Mussotte

I think it was an offer to newsletter-subscribers and so it was only some $ 10.-, and of course I bought it: the (Hawker) 800XP BizJet from JustFlight http://www.justflight.com/product/800xp-bizjet

I have to say, that I really like it. Like many JustFlight aircraft it has a beautiful appearance, if you are looking for that. It is easy to fly, a bit more advanced (very simplyfied FMC), than stock aircraft.

Kind regards,

Klaus

Look at Lionheart LJ24B :wink:

This fits the OP's bill

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

The only biz jet I could recommend in good conscience right now is the F1 Citation Mustang.

That being said I cannot wait for the Eaglesoft XLS+ and Challenger 605.  They're going to fill a hole we've had since FSX came out.

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

Yes the C56X should be a decent looking and systems deep bizjet - only been looking for one of these since forever

The CX2.0 was pretty good when it came out a new facelift on the 560 is much appreciated

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

The only biz jet I could recommend in good conscience right now is the F1 Citation Mustang.

That being said I cannot wait for the Eaglesoft XLS+ and Challenger 605.  They're going to fill a hole we've had since FSX came out.

Yeap, me too.

Tomás Fabada Castellana

@duckbilled,

We are looking in our VA to use the Qualitywings RJ70 as business plane. Obviously with lessor chairs then 70.
It is good for a trip up to 4 hours, but not to fast either for a trip of 1 hour..

RobB