Sign in to follow this  
Branech

VoxATC and P3D V3

Hello !

Any news about the update to use with p3dv3 ?

i9 13900K    HT off 32 Gb DDR5 @ 7.6  Ghz CL36 Asus Apex HERO Z790  W11 64 bits pro sur Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To,  DCS, P3D5 et MSFS sur 2 ème   Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To , RTX 3090 OC (GPU 2Ghz)  Alim Corsair 1500 W  Gold Ecran ACER  28 pouces  4K  G-SYNC
WC  AIO ARTIC liquid freezer II 420 Boitier Gigabyte 3d mars

Hello !

Any news about the update to use with p3dv3 ?

I got an email on the 16th October from Tegwyn saying "A version for P3D version 3 is being worked on and should be available 

in a couple of months." So going by that I would say mid December possibly early 2016.

I received an email on the 16 of Nov. basically saying the same thing "The next release of VoxATC will support P3D 3. It should be available in

about 6 weeks or so." This would be A good Christmas gift to myself.

I received an email on the 16 of Nov. basically saying the same thing "The next release of VoxATC will support P3D 3. It should be available in

about 6 weeks or so." This would be A good Christmas gift to myself.

For me too let's wait and see. Although I am using it anyway as is...

I think I'm beginning to have withdrawal problems. i've been using P3Dv3 since it came out and have had to use another ATC program until Vox makes the conversion. I sure hope Tegwyn doesn't take too much longer as I think not having VOX is beginning to affect my health. 

NAX669.png

Migration tool my friend and you will be up with VoxATC in p3d v3 in no time. With that said I also look forward to the p3d v3 version if it adds any addition new features.

Mike

Migration tool my friend and you will be up with VoxATC in p3d v3 in no time. With that said I also look forward to the p3d v3 version if it adds any addition new features.

Mike

Mike,

The migration tool will make VOX fully functional in V3?

NAX669.png

I tried the migration tool, but the indexer hangs when it gets to weather\themes.

NAX669.png

I tried the migration tool, but the indexer hangs when it gets to weather\themes.

^^^ This.

I am pretty knowledgeable about getting things to work and I tried every which way to get VoxATC working and in the end it won't.   It initializes but never completes after all the voice packs do their tests.   Until then I moved over to Pro ATC/X until VoxATC gets it's act together.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

^^^ This.

I am pretty knowledgeable about getting things to work and I tried every which way to get VoxATC working and in the end it won't.   It initializes but never completes after all the voice packs do their tests.   Until then I moved over to Pro ATC/X until VoxATC gets it's act together.

Brian,

What do you think of Pro ATC in comparison to VOX?

NAX669.png

Brian,

What do you think of Pro ATC in comparison to VOX?

I really love both.  I wish the two could marry each other and have the ultimate Vox Pro ATC/X Baby.     At first, the lack of being able to actually TALK to the controllers was a huuuuge turn off for me in Pro ATC/X but I have come to accept it now and just pretend that my FO has the radios while I keep focused on being the PIC.   Technically, this is kind of how it goes iRL anyway BUT I still want to do the talking.  The button pushing in Pro ATC/X to respond to calls is cumbersome so I turned on all functions dealing with the radios and callbacks going to the FO.    It has some issues with calling out airlines but that is because they never recorded anyone calling out those airlines.   All the speech synthesis in Pro ATC/X is REAL voices that were pre-recorded.   Pro ATC/X then grabs bits of voice sound and puts together phrases when it talks to you.   Many of the voices are quite nicely done.   There will be the ability to add more voices in the future.   The feature is there already but their recording software for lack of a better word sucks so it is not really a functioning part of the ATC suite unfortunately.   The three things PRO ATC/X handles very well are Flight Planning, SIDS/STARS procedures and the glorious and wonderful Moving Map feature that allowed me to basically put Avilasoft's EFB program to rest (since it has never worked right for me P3D anyway).   

The things VoxATC does better;    Voice communications.  VFR flight following (Pro ATC X cannot ATC for VFR flights, IFR ONLY), the ability to control AI traffic on the ground AND in the air.   Pro ATC/X cannot handle ground traffic and does not obey any rules for hold shorts on taxiways and runways. This can result in planes cutting you off or running you over all together.  Pro ATC/X is also at the mercy of default taxi routing which can give you some really weird taxi routes to the active and to the ramp after landing.    VoxATC rocks in the realm of ground control because it spawns it's own AI traffic and shuts down the default traffic engine.   It can handle SIDS/STARS too BUT requires you to use their SID/STAR Wizard outside the program where as ProATC/X just knows based on the flight plan you build inside it.

I will most likely keep BOTH programs once VoxATC has a new version that works so I can switch back and forth between them.     To be honest, if Pro ATC/X had VOX control I would dump VoxATC for Pro ATC/X.   I don't fly VFR at all so I am fine with that feature being gone.    I do wish it handled ground traffic and it still does not keep aircraft properly separated for landings so you get a lot of go arounds both in VoxATC and Pro ATC/X.    They should hire the guy that make the AI Separation MOD and incorporate it into their software.   But despite all it's lacking features it is still side by side with VoxATC in my opinion and is an excellent alternative choice for ATC for tube fliers.   Sorry GA guys, you'll need to stick with VoxATC.

• Upvote 1

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

I really love both.  I wish the two could marry each other and have the ultimate Vox Pro ATC/X Baby.     At first, the lack of being able to actually TALK to the controllers was a huuuuge turn off for me in Pro ATC/X but I have come to accept it now and just pretend that my FO has the radios while I keep focused on being the PIC.   Technically, this is kind of how it goes iRL anyway BUT I still want to do the talking.  The button pushing in Pro ATC/X to respond to calls is cumbersome so I turned on all functions dealing with the radios and callbacks going to the FO.    It has some issues with calling out airlines but that is because they never recorded anyone calling out those airlines.   All the speech synthesis in Pro ATC/X is REAL voices that were pre-recorded.   Pro ATC/X then grabs bits of voice sound and puts together phrases when it talks to you.   Many of the voices are quite nicely done.   There will be the ability to add more voices in the future.   The feature is there already but their recording software for lack of a better word sucks so it is not really a functioning part of the ATC suite unfortunately.   The three things PRO ATC/X handles very well are Flight Planning, SIDS/STARS procedures and the glorious and wonderful Moving Map feature that allowed me to basically put Avilasoft's EFB program to rest (since it has never worked right for me P3D anyway).   

The things VoxATC does better;    Voice communications.  VFR flight following (Pro ATC X cannot ATC for VFR flights, IFR ONLY), the ability to control AI traffic on the ground AND in the air.   Pro ATC/X cannot handle ground traffic and does not obey any rules for hold shorts on taxiways and runways. This can result in planes cutting you off or running you over all together.  Pro ATC/X is also at the mercy of default taxi routing which can give you some really weird taxi routes to the active and to the ramp after landing.    VoxATC rocks in the realm of ground control because it spawns it's own AI traffic and shuts down the default traffic engine.   It can handle SIDS/STARS too BUT requires you to use their SID/STAR Wizard outside the program where as ProATC/X just knows based on the flight plan you build inside it.

I will most likely keep BOTH programs once VoxATC has a new version that works so I can switch back and forth between them.     To be honest, if Pro ATC/X had VOX control I would dump VoxATC for Pro ATC/X.   I don't fly VFR at all so I am fine with that feature being gone.    I do wish it handled ground traffic and it still does not keep aircraft properly separated for landings so you get a lot of go arounds both in VoxATC and Pro ATC/X.    They should hire the guy that make the AI Separation MOD and incorporate it into their software.   But despite all it's lacking features it is still side by side with VoxATC in my opinion and is an excellent alternative choice for ATC for tube fliers.   Sorry GA guys, you'll need to stick with VoxATC.

Brian, thanks for the response. I'll have to take a closer look if VOX is going to be too much longer.

NAX669.png

Hello Mike,

Have a look to Pilot2Atc. Just download the 15 days trial at http://pilot2atc.com/Download

Regards,

Richard Portier

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Any more news on an update for v3 pls?

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

With the migration tool VoxATC works for me perfectly in Prepar3D v3 (now v3.1), I had no problems when indexing or any other problems. Obviously, once the migration tool is enabled to move installers from FSX to Prepar3D v3, run "selectsimulator" and put FSX