Sign in to follow this  
Branech

VoxATC and P3D V3

It sure seems like this might be the end of Vox. It has never taken Tegwyn this long for a version update and the lack of communication does not bode well. That's too bad. Vox was a very good ATC program.

I have to agree. No support for existing users. No updates for neigh on 12 months. No support for P3D V3 after 3 updates. Current and potential customers totally kept in the dark on whats happening. For the sake of 1 email this guy is letting it all slip away. You have to say that any reasonable person would have to consider this product abandoned. At 50quid I for one will not gamble on this product. Even if he responded, the horse has bolted, and there are other developers bending over backwards to get our money.

howevr

The very least thing the developer could do, is to say sorry, but I quit. I don't even want him to give a reason. But I insist on a very basic polite behavior, so to not remain silent. Maybe he's sick or worse, so maybe one of his relatives or co-workers could give us a very small reaction.

and there are other developers bending over backwards to get our money.

Only one, or two if you count promiseware, unfortunately. 

Petraeus

The product is still for sale.

In my country if you sell a product you have to support it by law.

You need to remove the product from the market or is deceiving customers

The product is still for sale.
In my country if you sell a product you have to support it by law.
You need to remove the product from the market or is deceiving customers

That is certainly true. It's important that the product is supported for as long as it's for sale. That is, any issues or bugs that turn up should be addressed. As far as updates for changes in the core sim, I would think that would be up to the developer. In Vox's case, it is compatible with FSX and P3D version 1.4 or 2. Anyone attempting to us it in P3Dv3 and having issues is on their own as that version of P3D is not supported. As I stated a few posts up, I'm concerned that this may be the end of the road for Vox because of the lack of communication.

NAX669.png

I have emailed Tegwyn three weeks go and he has not bothered to reply yet, I would say that VoxATC is now abandoned.

Very sad as it is a very good product but the Devs attitude leaves a lot to be desired, this is not cheap software by any standards and its users deserves better support and communication.

Perhaps Avsim could press Tegwyn for a statement.

• Upvote 1

I think Tegwyn would not respond, a quick look up of Internal Working Ltd. on company check shows what looks like he has cashed out and is looking to dissolve the company. now it may be because of health grounds as he is 57/58 or some other reason.... its a shame it really is. I only recently bought his software but due to problems with FSX and FlyInside FSX i am having to use Prepar3d as the framerates are so much better for VR. but i miss Vox ATC.... i just wish we could get the source to work on if he's called it a day :)

I think Tegwyn would not respond, a quick look up of Internal Working Ltd. on company check shows what looks like he has cashed out and is looking to dissolve the company.

If that is the case and he is no longer supporting the software he should withdraw VoxATC from sale

Hi, everyone.

I'm not sure if this help, but I email RC Simulations Ltd. ,(on VoxAtc page FAQ at the botom of the page it says:

Is a disk version available

Yes, contact RC Simulations for more details.

The answer is:

Carol Sidwick <carol@rcsimulations.co.uk>

Today at 10:59

"Hi

There will be a Prepar3D Version coming 

Can't tell you when

The current one is still valid

Best Wishes

Carol"

I went for Pro-ATC /X for P3D.  Well impressed with it and good support too.

Regards

"Hi

I hope he comes soon this new version. At least for me, VoxATC still the best ATC addon on the market (I have tried almost all)

Although I'm using Vox with p3d v3.2 satisfactorily with the migration tool, a new version will always bring a debugging some bugs

Regards

"Hi

Can't tell you when

The current one is still valid

Which is clearly rubbish and Carol from RC Simulations should know better than to blow smoke up your a**.

There is already a P3D version, in this much she is correct but the current version is only compatible with P3D2.5 and so is no longer valid to those customers using 3.x

Well gave up got pro atc instead

Colin hodds

I7 9700K,nvidia 3090 ,ssd ,32gig 3200mhz ram ,win10,prep3d

Took a look at the home page of Vox and it now specifically states that it is not compatible with V3. Don't know if that's been there all along, but unfortunately he's making it very clear for prospective purchasers that you can't use Vox in V3. Sounds pretty much the same as when you go to purchase other flight sim programs elsewhere and they state the addon works only in V1.4 and 2.xx. Orbx has been very good at getting up to speed on V3,but still has addons they say won't work in V3. Hadn't heard any complaints about them. Tegwyn's just being up front now like most vendors are when it comes to version compatibility. I also haven't heard that other vendors are selling "abandonware" simply because they have not updated to V3. If you look at it that way, then there are heck of a lot of vendors that are selling abandonware.

• Upvote 2

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

Tegwyn's just being up front now like most vendors are when it comes to version compatibility.

I emailed him asking about future V3 compatibility and he never bothered to reply, feel free to ask him yourself I would be interested to see if you get a reply.

If he has moved on then fair enough, we all have changes in our lives.