Sign in to follow this  
Branech

VoxATC and P3D V3

Hi Im looking at PF3 is it Voice communications?

No, it is a button activated program.

NAX669.png

VOX for me works fine in v3.0 (haven't added subsequent updates because all's working great).  I installed it using the latest migration tool version.  When the VOX install asked which simulator it was supposed to go in, I hit the button for FSX, because the Migration Tool makes VOX think P3D is FSX.  Kept the migration tool on for all other set up pieces (indexer, panel insertion, voice selection, path to Level D, etc.)   Before starting the sim, I turned the tool off and everything worked fine-including the FO when in-game.  Some other folks are having issues with this, but after 3 weeks it's still working for me.  Perhaps it's something in later versions of P3D that alters the function of the migration tool.  I just have to remember that when something's to be changed in VOX, like the indexer, to have the tool on to set up VOX correctly, but have it off when running the sim.  Some other folks have suggested changing the registry, etc., but it seems the migration toll is the simplest way to go.  I think the tool is worth the money because of other FSX only things can be activated, such as the Duke V2 prop, which is a great plane, the A2A cub, B377 and the A2A B-17.  Great to have old friends back and VOX to boot!

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

I just reinstalled Vox in p3d v335, after having experimented with a few of the others out there which are still being developed, so not yet 100%, and there is no doubt Vox ticks all the boxes.

It just works very well and does everything I need it to, reliably.

I only hope it will keep working with new manifestations of P3d, as its arrested development is a real pain.

Hi John

That's interesting; I've been holding off to see what happens.

Did you use the migration tool to install it?

Regards

Frank Jones

Yes Frank,

Just as the chap in the post before mine did.

I am no expert in real ATC so I don't know if Vox is 100% realistic but it certainly gets me from A to B in an immersive manner and so far without glitches.

I've been holding off to see what happens.

Me too, and should continue to do so.

Such kind of developer behaviour does not deserve a cent.

Mike

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

It just works very well and does everything I need it to, reliably.

Does the copilot change frequencies, and do you see all the intermediate ATC stations, not just 'Oceanic'?

Petraeus

Sorry Mike - I didn't mean holding off from a purchase.  I have owned it for some time.  I meant that having recently converted to P3D I have been waiting for its conversion.

Thanks John -  A fellow club member (Gatwick Flight Simulation Group) was using it today on P3D and he told me he had used the migration tool.  So I will be well away again.  Despite its few weaknesses it is still the best of its kind.

Some years back I had a few email exchanges with Tegwyn, and he was most helpful.  I worry about his being out of contact.  It seems out of character for him to turn his back on us.

Regards

Frank Jones

I have tried numerous times to get Vox to work in P3Dv3 with no success. I can get it installed with the migrator tool but I get constant sound looping from the controllers. As Frank stated, Tegwyn has always been good about responding to emails. His absence suggests that VOX has been abandoned. Even if he was working on an updated version you would think he would say so. I have moved on to Pilot2ATC but it's not yet as refined as VOX was. I also have PF3 as a solid backup.

NAX669.png

Guys why not try Pilot2ATC. It has a 10 day trial and I believe it works in p3d.

http://pilot2atc.com/

ASUS Maximus VIII Hero Alpha

Intel Core i7 6700K 4.5GHz

Corsair Vengeance Black LPX 32GB

Asus STRIX GTX 1080

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD

The copilot changes frequencies and it works the same way it worked for me in the earlier P3ds.

I only fly between UK airports and have never had trouble with ATC stations being available or "Oceanic" issues.

Not to say they are not there, just that my particular flights work correctly, including the AI aircraft.

I also am/ have been experimenting with PF3 and pilot2atc but still find occasional annoying glitches which just spoil the enjoyment.

They will be fine given time, but as yet I will stick to Vox.

For some reason, if I fly with the migrator tool running, all correct ATC areas are used.  If I fly with the migrator off, I get a lot of oceanic ATC. In either event, the FO works just fine.  Don't know why in either event.

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

VoxATC works well on Prepar3D V3.3.5. for the indexer to work properly the Fake FSX needs to be active through the Migration Tool. Actually to use any of the settings FSX needs to be active on Migration Tool The only thing I found not working is the ground handling! It seems that VoxATC knows where you are and Instruct you down the taxi way but other AI does not see you and VoxATC does not make AI aware that you are there. When I take my flights I always need to be looking out for AI taxing because they do not care you are there they will simply run through you. For someone with the collision detection turned off is not a big deal, who cares if a plane runs through your plane but for me is. I guess it makes me better pilot being aware of my surroundings having always to watch out for rogue planes on the tarmac. LOL!!!

Hello,

Perhaps some good news? I heard from Carol at RC Simulations and this was what she said:

"We will be releasing news VoxATC Prepar3D next week at the WSM show." 

No, it is a button activated program.

You can use voice commands in PF3 . Go to the support forum and check there.